The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:35:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 169948 times)
guest2677

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1700 on: August 24, 2019, 12:31:18 pm »

Was not Bunny in a back 4 last Tuesday?
He was Evers yes.
If Curle plays him there going forward I hope to be proved wrong and him make a decent fist of the position, but as others have said I think the only position to play him is further forward in front of a left back. The balance to Adam's maybe. It's a fallacy to suggest you need to be quick to cross a ball btw
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1701 on: August 24, 2019, 13:03:59 pm »

Bunney is a vulnerability for us in a straight back 4, it was evidenced again on Tuesday eve, I think he is a better prospect playing higher up the pitch on the left
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: August 24, 2019, 15:04:14 pm »

Bunney is a vulnerability for us in a straight back 4, it was evidenced again on Tuesday eve, I think he is a better prospect playing higher up the pitch on the left

Looking yet again out of his depth this afternoon at left back by all accounts...

Already booked and looking like a red waiting to happen...
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1703 on: August 24, 2019, 17:54:51 pm »

Bunney did well today, pushed Cornell for MotM...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1704 on: August 24, 2019, 18:07:45 pm »

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1705 on: August 24, 2019, 19:34:53 pm »

No he didn’t, Cornell MoM by a mile, that’s how bad the rest were, Col U were really poor as well, some shocking passes in the first half, Bunney done for pace so many times he’s never ever a left back.
KT has a decision to make v soon can’t see us getting anything from the next two games.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 24, 2019, 20:28:52 pm »

No he didn’t, Cornell MoM by a mile, that’s how bad the rest were, Col U were really poor as well, some shocking passes in the first half, Bunney done for pace so many times he’s never ever a left back.
KT has a decision to make v soon can’t see us getting anything from the next two games.

There is an element of truth in yr comments. Certainly Bunney was done for pace several times and personally played with no conviction at all. As somebody has said the centre backs and Goode were ok and we missed Wharton one hell of a lot. Apart from Watson the midfield was awful just what Lines was supposed to be doing is anybody's  guess. Williams after his display on Tuesday reverted to usual self totally ineffective. What on earth happened to the side that played against Swindon? If we just showed 50% of the endeavour shown against Swindon we might just about got something from the game. On this evidence it is going to be a long and boring season unless KC et al bring in pace and flair. Unfortunately the full backs need sorting as Bunney and McWilliams were found wanting against a pretty mediocre side without their best players. As the Chron is now hinting the situation is far from pleasant. Again we have to thank Cornell for keeping the score down to 1-0.
Report Spam   Logged

Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #1707 on: August 28, 2019, 20:12:51 pm »

With the transfer window foe league one and two club ending at 5pm this coming Monday, any rumours of ins or outs?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #1708 on: August 28, 2019, 20:46:39 pm »

The Morias money will almost certainly be spent on a wily, nippy, crafty left-sided winger.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1709 on: August 28, 2019, 20:52:27 pm »

It looks like Adam Hammill at Sc***horpe is likely to be leaving after a falling out with Paul Hurst - he’s a wily, crafty left winger.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: August 28, 2019, 21:05:52 pm »

It looks like Adam Hammill at Sc***horpe is likely to be leaving after a falling out with Paul Hurst - he’s a wily, crafty left winger.

Good shout

Not so sure now having read about his personal life!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 21:46:41 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3293

« Reply #1711 on: August 29, 2019, 22:07:58 pm »

Steve Froggat and Tony Daley are two names I've heard mentioned.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1712 on: August 29, 2019, 22:59:37 pm »

Steve Froggat and Tony Daley are two names I've heard mentioned.

I think we have enough youngsters in the squad. Tongue Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1713 on: August 30, 2019, 09:21:43 am »

Reckon we get someone in this afternoon and he features in the team tomorrow
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 30, 2019, 10:03:02 am »

Reckon we get someone in this afternoon and he features in the team tomorrow

It would be good if we could get someone in with a bit of experience and proven quality on a permanent but I fully expect us to get a 19 year old on loan from a championship club. To be honest, any left footer with pace and some kind of end product would do me but I’m guessing that it would mean Hoskins being replaced which I can’t see happening.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 30, 2019, 10:08:49 am »

It would be good if we could get someone in with a bit of experience and proven quality on a permanent but I fully expect us to get a 19 year old on loan from a championship club. To be honest, any left footer with pace and some kind of end product would do me but I’m guessing that it would mean Hoskins being replaced which I can’t see happening.

It would be a surprise if Hoskins was dropped after his performance last Tuesday?
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 30, 2019, 10:28:13 am »

It would be a surprise if Hoskins was dropped after his performance last Tuesday?

I agree Evers - at the moment Hoskins is the least of our problems.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #1717 on: August 30, 2019, 11:43:40 am »

This is Keith Curle you're talking about, remember Jack Bridge against Carlisle last season, everybody agreed he was MOM but was dropped next game and hardly seen again.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1718 on: August 30, 2019, 12:34:00 pm »

This is Keith Curle you're talking about, remember Jack Bridge against Carlisle last season, everybody agreed he was MOM but was dropped next game and hardly seen again.
Curly doesn’t have a clue, in 17 years of management not 1 promotion.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1719 on: August 30, 2019, 12:45:19 pm »

Curly doesn’t have a clue, in 17 years of management not 1 promotion.

Sir Alex only achieved one promotion during his 39 years as a manager!!
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: