The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:29:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 171265 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1720 on: August 30, 2019, 12:48:17 pm »

This is Keith Curle you're talking about, remember Jack Bridge against Carlisle last season, everybody agreed he was MOM but was dropped next game and hardly seen again.

Hoskins for better or worse has been picked consistently by most of our Managers. Bridge hasn't. I would be surprised if he is dropped this Saturday on the basis of last Tuesday. Thought his goal at Oldham was good too; would have been happy to see him dropped after last Saturday's very poor display by said player.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 30, 2019, 13:03:24 pm »

Curly doesn’t have a clue, in 17 years of management not 1 promotion.

Jim Bentley (Morecambe) - May 2011

Neil Harris (Millwall) - March 2016

Lee Johnson (Bristol City) - February 2016

John McGreal (Colchester United) - May 2016

Mark Cooper (Forest Green Rovers) - May 2016
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1722 on: August 30, 2019, 14:01:57 pm »

thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1723 on: August 30, 2019, 15:15:13 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 30, 2019, 16:22:41 pm »

Grin

Spare a thought for Jim B you cruel chap!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1725 on: August 30, 2019, 17:04:49 pm »

Hoskins for better or worse has been picked consistently by most of our Managers. Bridge hasn't. I would be surprised if he is dropped this Saturday on the basis of last Tuesday. Thought his goal at Oldham was good too; would have been happy to see him dropped after last Saturday's very poor display by said player.

Ahhh, the enigma that is Sam Hoskins......picked by all these managers consistently yet to the normal lay person (fan) he consistently fails to deliver.

I find myself asking what any of these managers have done to actually improve Hoskins as a player, because to me he's exactly the same as he was five years ago....a lot of effort and no end product.

They all seems to see something in him, but can't get any more out of him!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1726 on: August 30, 2019, 17:07:48 pm »

I assume that we’re not going to sign anyone before tomorrow then - I got the impression that Clarity seemed to have an inside line?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 30, 2019, 17:09:43 pm »

Ahhh, the enigma that is Sam Hoskins......picked by all these managers consistently yet to the normal lay person (fan) he consistently fails to deliver.

I find myself asking what any of these managers have done to actually improve Hoskins as a player, because to me he's exactly the same as he was five years ago....a lot of effort and no end product.

They all seems to see something in him, but can't get any more out of him!
If you think about it mate he's a direct parallel with the Cobblers form the same year in year out since he was a regular stater bottom end L2.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 30, 2019, 17:11:44 pm »

I assume that we’re not going to sign anyone before tomorrow then - I got the impression that Clarity seemed to have an inside line?
If we don’t sign a quality left sided forward / winger by Monday we are in big dodo.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 30, 2019, 17:14:13 pm »

I saw an article where Curle mentioned that the loan window was still open until Monday........no mention of the transfer window, he worded it the loan window and also made reference to the fact that we can sign out of contract players at any time.
That tells you where we are looking if anywhere........which I find a little disappointing considering we've sold two players for cash (Pierre and Morais for a total in the region of £150k) and spent around a fifth of that on Goode and Arnold (the two signings made for cash)  NB Those are the rumoured figures behind the "undisclosed" fees.

Hey ho...what will be will be!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 30, 2019, 17:36:09 pm »

I saw an article where Curle mentioned that the loan window was still open until Monday........no mention of the transfer window, he worded it the loan window and also made reference to the fact that we can sign out of contract players at any time.
That tells you where we are looking if anywhere........which I find a little disappointing considering we've sold two players for cash (Pierre and Morais for a total in the region of £150k) and spent around a fifth of that on Goode and Arnold (the two signings made for cash)  NB Those are the rumoured figures behind the "undisclosed" fees.

Hey ho...what will be will be!

So much for the quote from KC in the summer that we weren’t going to be reliant on loans this season. If we do go down that route we need experience on loan and not rookies.
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1731 on: August 30, 2019, 17:45:13 pm »

The transfer window ends at 5pm on Monday September 2nd this year .... Hopefully we will see some activity
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1732 on: August 30, 2019, 17:49:40 pm »

That tells you where we are looking if anywhere........which I find a little disappointing

Disagree. I would have no problem at all in us signing a decent young loanee to fill the all-important left-sided attacking midfielder position. In fact, this is just the sort of position where you can take a gamble on a loanee (as long as it's long-term).

Wilder loaned Calvert Lewin, James Collins, Lee Martin and John Marquis in the year we went up, all of whom contributed significantly and most of whom have gone on to great things since. I also remember us bringing in some top quality loanees - Kyle Walker et al - during the Stuart Grey era. If you do your scouting right and crucially you recruit on character as well as ability then you can do very well out of it. Unfortunately, messers Page, JFH and now Curle have failed to use this market effectively.

On the other hand, I must confess to feeling a bit jealous of Cambridge and Bradford after their signings of Samir Carruthers and Jamie Devitt respectively. I wonder if we were in for either of them.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #1733 on: August 30, 2019, 18:01:48 pm »

Disagree. I would have no problem at all in us signing a decent young loanee to fill the all-important left-sided attacking midfielder position. In fact, this is just the sort of position where you can take a **** on a loanee (as long as it's long-term).

Wilder loaned Calvert Lewin, James Collins, Lee Martin and John Marquis in the year we went up, all of whom contributed significantly and most of whom have gone on to great things since. I also remember us bringing in some top quality loanees - Kyle Walker et al - during the Stuart Grey era. If you do your scouting right and crucially you recruit on character as well as ability then you can do very well out of it. Unfortunately, messers Page, JFH and now Curle have failed to use this market effectively.

On the other hand, I must confess to feeling a bit jealous of Cambridge and Bradford after their signings of Samir Carruthers and Jamie Devitt respectively. I wonder if we were in for either of them.

Isn't the problem with loans the donor club have the say in where they want their player to go? They are going to want their player to benefit from the experience. Maybe under Wilder they recognised that would be the case but less so since.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 31, 2019, 13:20:58 pm »

I see that KC is already playing down the 2nd September deadline - apparently there are still out of contract players on our radar (I’m not sure how much quality is there in players who are still without clubs after the entirety of the summer).
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 31, 2019, 17:35:08 pm »

If we don’t sign a quality left sided forward / winger by Monday we are in big dodo.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 31, 2019, 17:58:53 pm »

Great performance & result today but we still need reinforcements...

Still hoping Hope comes in along with a winger...

Now Keith Hill has taken over at Bolton I wonder if he'll be in for Bunney again?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: September 01, 2019, 21:51:24 pm »

So its transfer deadline day tomorrow (Monday) with no more permanent or loan transfers allowed to be made after 5pm........free agents can still be picked up of course.

Curle seemingly has targets on the radar but also points to some possible moves out too....

Are we expecting a busy one?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3293

« Reply #1738 on: September 01, 2019, 21:56:40 pm »

I see Keith Curle said he's just waiting on the green light from a few players. I'd imagine we will see a busy deadline day.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: September 01, 2019, 21:58:57 pm »

We need to keep Turnbull & Williams.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: