The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:13:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 169869 times)
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2019, 22:32:22 pm »

Like most, Rocket Science?  .....I knew that JJOT had an contract option so he was likely to be offered an extension if only on reduced terms.
I hope he stays.
Me too but KC has made him feel unwelcome recently to encourage him to leave. He's been great. Wish him all the best.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2019, 01:41:13 am »

Mr.Curle will ensure the right players are at the club next season.

Make no mistake, you fight against 50 in a bar, Mr.Curle wins!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2019, 07:08:56 am »

I can see 3 or 4 ending up playing outside the EFL

i think you are being generous
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2019, 08:23:32 am »

Intereresting scenario regarding the potential signing of Warburton from Stockport. His current manger Jim Gannon worked with Curle at Mansfield and was part of the alleged bullying scandal at Field Mill. From my base in Liverpool I have seen Warburton play a couple of times this season and he has real potential, the down side of signing him is that apart from Buchanan recent Cobblers signings from the North West have struggled to settle to the humdrum life of the East Midlands eg Nicky Adams, and Bunney.  Hopefully Curle will be able to address this issue in Warburtons case if the proposed deal for him goes through otherwise like in Bunneys case it will be a wasted investment.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2019, 09:07:47 am »

Me too but KC has made him feel unwelcome recently to encourage him to leave. He's been great. Wish him all the best.
It's definitely time for JJOT to go for the sake of himself and the club . He's been fantastic for us and it is such a shame he didn't get a proper send off.
As I said before , the Saints gave presentations to their players that were leaving on Saturday after the game.
I am afraid we lack a bit of class at times .
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2019, 09:31:44 am »

Completely agree. A decent percentage of our supporters (the younger ones) will not have seen a better servant to the club than Buchanan.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2019, 10:04:22 am »

Completely agree. A decent percentage of our supporters (the younger ones) will not have seen a better servant to the club than Buchanan.
He was quite happily sitting in the away end at Oldham. And applauded the chorus of BU BU BUCHANAN.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2019, 11:24:27 am »

It's definitely time for JJOT to go for the sake of himself and the club . He's been fantastic for us and it is such a shame he didn't get a proper send off.
As I said before , the Saints gave presentations to their players that were leaving on Saturday after the game.

"ladies and Gentlemen JohnJoe O'Toole who may leave but may stay as well"
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
guest3063

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2019, 12:38:01 pm »

First signing of the summer, coming up at 2pm.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2019, 12:41:16 pm »

Like it get the business done as early as possible
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2019, 13:01:58 pm »

Matt Warburton it is. Welcome Matt.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2019, 13:08:25 pm »

Warburton
As I predicted after the Port Vale game and confirmed on 22nd April .
Good signing and welcome aboard Matt
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2019, 13:11:44 pm »

I didn't realise Warburton was an attacking midfield player. Makes his goalscoring record even more impressive.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2019, 13:15:25 pm »

I didn't realise Warburton was an attacking midfield player. Makes his goalscoring record even more impressive.

Took the words right out of my mouth - at least it still leaves a gap for Jabo up front!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2019, 13:19:24 pm »

Took the words right out of my mouth - at least it still leaves a gap for Jabo up front!

You never know  Grin two more signings are close, according to the Chron.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2019, 13:19:31 pm »

Best thing since sliced bread.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2019, 13:20:32 pm »

Looks decent enough to take a punt, highlight reel shows he is not afraid to shoot with either foot.

Welcome aboard, Matty!
Report Spam   Logged
StrandedH

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2019, 13:23:38 pm »

Intereresting scenario regarding the potential signing of Warburton from Stockport. His current manger Jim Gannon worked with Curle at Mansfield and was part of the alleged bullying scandal at Field Mill. From my base in Liverpool I have seen Warburton play a couple of times this season and he has real potential, the down side of signing him is that apart from Buchanan recent Cobblers signings from the North West have struggled to settle to the humdrum life of the East Midlands eg Nicky Adams, and Bunney.  Hopefully Curle will be able to address this issue in Warburtons case if the proposed deal for him goes through otherwise like in Bunneys case it will be a wasted investment.

County fan in peace here. Jim Gannon hasn't worked with Curle, he was playing for Shelbourne in Ireland when Curle was at Mansfield.

The rumours have been doing the rounds here for weeks so I'm not surprised to see Matty's move confirmed. Great creative attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. Played his best stuff for us in a number 10 role behind a number 9 linking midfield and attack. Was a marked man for the last few months of the season meaning his goals dried up somewhat but that simply allowed space for others. I wish him a successful time with you all, he's earned the right to be move full time.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2019, 13:25:43 pm »

Fair play for the message.

Does this mean the end of the wing-back experiment, or are we going to be sticking him up front I wonder? I'd also assume if he is a wide player then we're not following up on the Dorking winger we had on trial?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2019, 13:26:53 pm »

On the Stockport website it says "striker Matty joins NTFC". So, he's a striker who can also play as an attacking midfield player?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: