The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 13:00:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 170854 times)
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2019, 09:23:56 am »

Sheff Utd put Ricky Holmes on the transer list...
But is he prepared to leave? His salary will take a massive bump due to promotion. Doesn't matter if he plays or not. It would be in his best interests to stay and go out on loan if fit. Sheff Utd will have to subsidise his wages and wear it.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2019, 09:26:33 am »

His salary will take a massive bump due to promotion.

based on?
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2019, 09:37:30 am »

But is he prepared to leave? His salary will take a massive bump due to promotion. Doesn't matter if he plays or not. It would be in his best interests to stay and go out on loan if fit. Sheff Utd will have to subsidise his wages and wear it.

No idea. If he can pick up Championship wages (I can't believe they would offer him a wage increase based on promotion - he was never going to part of the eventual Prem squad and must have known that when signing) and sit at home every week then why wouldn't he? Hopefully, at his age, he'd rather be playing football. I'm sure you're right though and will be loaned to aL1/L2 club. If we only pay a small portion of his wages I'd say he's worth a puint on loan.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2019, 10:08:36 am »

If we only pay a small portion of his wages I'd say he's worth a puint on loan.

That's the only way I would have Ricky back, would not want to blow a big portion of our budget on someone that will miss three quarters of the season, no matter how good they might be.

That said, make it happen KC/KT!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2019, 10:24:23 am »

based on?

Based on the fact that all other members of staff will receive an increase - in particular, CW.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2019, 11:02:16 am »

Based on the fact that all other members of staff will receive an increase - in particular, CW.

definitely? you have access to their pay structure?

if so, good knowledge - might be breaking some sort of confidentiality clause though?!
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2019, 11:06:52 am »

definitely? you have access to their pay structure?

if so, good knowledge - might be breaking some sort of confidentiality clause though?!

I know what CWs wage is and what it is going up to be. I'm not sharing that but it will be more than you think.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2019, 11:12:50 am »

Bit of a waste if he'd end up playing right wing-back though.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2019, 11:17:26 am »

I know what CWs wage is and what it is going up to be. I'm not sharing that but it will be more than you think.

You can't really compare a manager/key player to someone who is barely a squad player can you and expect them to have the same clauses in their contract? Do you think somebody like Jack Bridge had a promotion clause in his contract when he was with us? Similar type of squad player I'd say.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2019, 11:43:15 am »

good of him to disclose that information to you.

but i bet it isnt more than i think!

i also doubt if CW and ricky holmes had similar contract clauses

Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2019, 12:16:00 pm »

You can't really compare a manager/key player to someone who is barely a squad player can you and expect them to have the same clauses in their contract? Do you think somebody like Jack Bridge had a promotion clause in his contract when he was with us? Similar type of squad player I'd say.

He did.

And so would Ricky if his agent was even half competent...
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2019, 12:41:04 pm »

Its common in football, agents always try to insert a promotion wage rise regardless of if the player plays or not.

Clubs try to add a relegation clause to lower the wages as a way to protect themselves,  probably not clubs like Portsmouth and QPR though, their chairmen are far too savvy for that.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2019, 13:40:39 pm »

The most over rated player I have seen at the Cobblers in 40 years
Ian Sampson...though anyone putting in over 40 appearances seems to get the accolade 'Legend'!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2019, 13:45:50 pm »

I'd take an injury prone Holmes over any of our current wingers. Even if he played 1/4 of the games that would still be more of a contribution than Powell over the past two years.

Not normally one for bringing back former players but would make an exception this time. We desperatly lack quality throughout the squad and it's something he would provide.
I don't think you quite understand the extent of his 'always injured'!
He played a handful of games for Oxford Utd, despite being on loan from the Blades for 3 months or more. As far as I know, hasn't made a single appearance for Gills...why do you think that is?
Are you being serious or tongue in cheek?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2019, 13:50:51 pm »

No idea. If he can pick up Championship wages (I can't believe they would offer him a wage increase based on promotion - he was never going to part of the eventual Prem squad and must have known that when signing) and sit at home every week then why wouldn't he? Hopefully, at his age, he'd rather be playing football. I'm sure you're right though and will be loaned to aL1/L2 club. If we only pay a small portion of his wages I'd say he's worth a puint on loan.
You are serious!

Clearly absolutely no idea about his back injury have you!
Injections weekly, game every three weeks and unfortunately these days about as mobile as Stephen Hawking when in second gear...but go on, take a punt!
I loved Holmes, but also saw daily his progress at Oxford United to know better!

If you like Holmes, a better punt would be on Rob Sinclair - currently at Welling!
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2019, 14:09:34 pm »

You are serious!

Clearly absolutely no idea about his back injury have you!
Injections weekly, game every three weeks and unfortunately these days about as mobile as Stephen Hawking when in second gear...but go on, take a punt!
I loved Holmes, but also saw daily his progress at Oxford United to know better!

If you like Holmes, a better punt would be on Rob Sinclair - currently at Welling!

Clearly you have better knowledge than me if you have been tracking his progress on a daily basis, no need to be so aggressive about it!

I saw him plenty enough during his spell at Charlton (albiet two seasons ago) and he constantly carried that team in L1. He's clearly had injury problems, but guess what, they don't always last forever! Like I say, if the wages aren't much of an issue I'd have him back on loan. If he's constantly injured, send him back. It's a no lose scenario.
Report Spam   Logged
Norfolk_In_Chance

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2019, 14:53:09 pm »

Saw this on twitter from EFL rumours "Northampton town think John Johnston From non-league Altrincham Town is worth a punt. The winger has impressed and has many L2 clubs as potential destination's for him #ATFC #NTFC"
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2019, 16:13:06 pm »

People on this forum talking about Ricky Holmes and Danny Hylton are orbiting around Pluto. Both players will have a host of clubs after them, all of them will have a fully built stadium, pay better and likely be higher up in the leagues than us.

Stop playing Football manager and just see what comes in the door.

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2019, 17:03:59 pm »

People on this forum talking about Ricky Holmes and Danny Hylton are orbiting around Pluto. Both players will have a host of clubs after them, all of them will have a fully built stadium, pay better and likely be higher up in the leagues than us.

Stop playing Football manager and just see what comes in the door.

Hylton maybe. Holmes, obviously not...for reasons above!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2019, 18:57:23 pm »

Every season as soon as the released lists come out some people insist on bringing up old players that did it for us years ago or old stars from other clubs .
No no no - that was then and this is now . Don’t try and recreate anything from the past .
The future is easy to predict when you create your own destiny not try to relive it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: