The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:31:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 170079 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2019, 10:30:53 am »

For me Andy Williams is our most natural goal scorer for many a long year .... I would love to see him playing alongside Harry Smith

Many a year! Took him a long time just to overhaul KvV
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2019, 15:20:48 pm »

John Joe announces his departure. It was never in doubt. Wish him well as he's been very good for us in his time at the club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2019, 15:26:25 pm »

JJOT gone and it’s the best decision all round .
Good luck to him wherever he ends up .
He did well overall for us but we have to move on now .
The one regret was that he wasn’t allowed a send off .
He and Buchs deserved better than that.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2019, 15:28:50 pm »

John Joe announces his departure. It was never in doubt. Wish him well as he's been very good for us in his time at the club.

The right decision for both parties, everyone will wish him luck (apart from against us if he stays in L2).
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2019, 15:37:29 pm »

The right decision for both parties, everyone will wish him luck (apart from against us if he stays in L2).

Close to signing for a L1 club apparently.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2019, 15:55:38 pm »

Just signed for Burton.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2019, 16:00:49 pm »

Just signed for Burton.

Serves them right for loaning us Sordell!!  Grin

Seriously, strange how a league 1 player in Sordell is absolute crack for us in league 2, yet a player from our league 2 squad who is surplus to requirements now ends up in league 1!

Funny old game!

Good luck John-Joe
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2019, 16:43:57 pm »

I don't think Sordell will be a professional footballer for much longer.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2019, 16:46:45 pm »

Don't mention Sordell to any Blades fans when we play them!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2019, 16:48:56 pm »

1 good season out of 5. Expected more from him if I'm being brutally honest. He was showing signs of slowing down this year but all the best to him, he did show a certain fighting spirit.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2019, 17:53:11 pm »

Thanks for the memories. These including JJOT Day, that goal at Luton, the equalizer at Stevenage, the one touch at Oxford which took four of their team out of the game. You were the stand out player for me in the best Cobblers squad of my lifetime so thank you for that.

I think this is the right time to part ways for both parties but hope you have a great end to your career.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2019, 18:49:12 pm »

Many a year! Took him a long time just to overhaul KvV

According to BBC, Williams 12 goals, a goal every 200 mins. KVV 8 goals, a goal every 236 mins.

Interestingly Morias 6 goals, a goal every 108 mins ... Which reinforces my view that he is a good impact substitute
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2019, 18:58:34 pm »

Seriously, strange how a league 1 player in Sordell is absolute crack for us in league 2, yet a player from our league 2 squad who is surplus to requirements now ends up in league 1!

Funny old game!

Good luck John-Joe

Perhaps Nigel Clough has the vision to see what John Joe has to offer, and hopefully he will prosper under a manager who believes in him.

Overall, a cracking move for John Joe, good luck to him 🙂
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2019, 20:34:42 pm »

1 good season out of 5. Expected more from him if I'm being brutally honest. He was showing signs of slowing down this year but all the best to him, he did show a certain fighting spirit.

Think that's a bit harsh, can remember him being up for player of the month a few times in league one and winning it once. It's only the last 18 months or so that he's gone off the boil and he's been surrounded by dross. Always been good on set pieces and Clough has alluded to that in interviews - if they use him right I can see him chipping in with a few goals there.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2019, 23:08:00 pm »

Thanks for the memories. These including JJOT Day, that goal at Luton, the equalizer at Stevenage, the one touch at Oxford which took four of their team out of the game. You were the stand out player for me in the best Cobblers squad of my lifetime so thank you for that.

I think this is the right time to part ways for both parties but hope you have a great end to your career.

This is DAN at his fluent best. I agree with you; although his recent performances in L1 and L2 were a bit nondescript. Will Clough Junior get the best out of him as CW didn't until the failed loan fiasco to Southend.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 21, 2019, 23:14:23 pm »

According to BBC, Williams 12 goals, a goal every 200 mins. KVV 8 goals, a goal every 236 mins.

Interestingly Morias 6 goals, a goal every 108 mins ... Which reinforces my view that he is a good impact substitute

Actually you maybe omitting some 'other' competition goals so I thought he scored more than 8 ,  11 or 12?
I like your comment on Morias ' a goal every 108 mins' but isn't he injury prone ?
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2019, 08:21:15 am »

Perhaps Nigel Clough has the vision to see what John Joe has to offer, and hopefully he will prosper under a manager who believes in him.

Overall, a cracking move for John Joe, good luck to him 🙂

sounds like clough wants to play him centre half.

if that is the case, just sign a league one centre half instead - i imagine that would be on less wages and better
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 22, 2019, 08:55:00 am »

You forgot the winner against newly promoted Bristol Rovers. What a response to their booing!
Report Spam   Logged

Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #458 on: May 22, 2019, 09:16:03 am »

I'm only a simple man and get easily confused at my time of life especially with all the recent coming and goings, so someone help me out please.  Am I right in thinking that it is now only Powell on whom we are still awaiting a decision from as regards a new contract?  If that is so, does anyone know if he would have a deadline to either accept or reject that offer?  Also, am I right thinking that Bunny and Waters still remain on the transfer list but as it stands are our contracted players for next season?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #459 on: May 22, 2019, 09:20:43 am »

I'm only a simple man and get easily confused at my time of life especially with all the recent coming and goings, so someone help me out please.  Am I right in thinking that it is now only Powell on whom we are still awaiting a decision from as regards a new contract?  If that is so, does anyone know if he would have a deadline to either accept or reject that offer?  Also, am I right thinking that Bunny and Waters still remain on the transfer list but as it stands are our contracted players for next season?

Yes to all, no idea on the deadline for signing/not signing though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: