The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:17:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 169853 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1000 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:39 am »

Gutted to see Pierre go, he was head and shoulders our best player last season and (even allowing for some of the good signings we've made) was likely to be again next season.

A big signing required now, in every sense of the word. The only positive I can take from this is it sounds like it's been rumbling on for ages so I presume Curle has plans in place.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 25, 2019, 06:12:36 am »

He was always going to leave but it's still difficult hearing the news.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1002 on: June 25, 2019, 06:34:40 am »

it's still difficult hearing the news.

really?!

he played in a relegation team and then an average league 2 team. he made mistakes and gave goals away. he will be replaced with an good league 2 centre half on a lot less money and we wont miss him at all.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 25, 2019, 06:56:15 am »

Moving to shrewsbury seems a strange decision to me considering they generally dont set the world alight in league one..must have offered him a pretty penny I guess
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1004 on: June 25, 2019, 07:34:32 am »

Moving to shrewsbury seems a strange decision to me considering they generally dont set the world alight in league one..must have offered him a pretty penny I guess

To be fair that’s probably what the Wycombe fans were saying 2 years ago. We now need 2 decent centre backs to cover the squad - I won’t be particularly chuffed if we end up making do with our 5ft 8in right sided defender as cover.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1005 on: June 25, 2019, 07:37:24 am »

Pity but he is replaceable.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1006 on: June 25, 2019, 08:23:47 am »

I know there are lies, damned lies and statistics, however if you put any stock into xG or anything like that he was heads and shoulders are best player last year.

https://eflnumbers.wordpress.com/

Our goals difference per 90 was just slightly positive with him in the team, and massively negative without. He deserves his chance up a level, however getting his replacement right is absolutely crucial if we want any success next year.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 25, 2019, 08:58:39 am »

Can't say I find KC's interview concerning AP's departure on the Chron convincing. KC says he has targets but he has clearly been aware of AP's intentions for a number of weeks. Why haven't we made a move already? He also states the deal is a good one for the club. really? A better one would have been to keep him; especially with our track record of underselling players.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #1008 on: June 25, 2019, 09:00:10 am »

As said before..big loss for us after last seasons performances and will miss his goals too...However he didn't exactly set the world alight when we were in Div 1...Be interesting to see how he fares now

That season I thought he was one of our best 2-3 players before his injury.
Report Spam   Logged
LawfordCob

View Profile
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1009 on: June 25, 2019, 09:06:09 am »

Can't say I find KC's interview concerning AP's departure on the Chron convincing. KC says he has targets but he has clearly been aware of AP's intentions for a number of weeks. Why haven't we made a move already? He also states the deal is a good one for the club. really? A better one would have been to keep him; especially with our track record of underselling players.

He isn't really going to bring in a replacement before the player leaves. I'd be more concerned if the replacement(s) are not here before the training camp.. or worse still the Walsall game.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #1010 on: June 25, 2019, 09:07:08 am »

really?!

he played in a relegation team and then an average league 2 team.
he made mistakes and gave goals away. he will be replaced with an good league 2 centre half on a lot less money and we wont miss him at all.

He missed over half of the relegation season through injury and he had been excellent before then and was deservedly player of the season last year. I agree though that he had his flaws and could be liable to mistakes and that at this level he is replaceable.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1011 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:34 am »

How about going for that French women’s centre half that looks like she eats children ?
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 25, 2019, 11:44:15 am »

So, as for possible replacements for AP...

Ryan Tafazolli would be ideal but perhaps unrealistic...

Any others?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1013 on: June 25, 2019, 12:00:31 pm »

So, as for possible replacements for AP...

Ryan Tafazolli would be ideal but perhaps unrealistic...

Any others?
Does having McCormack in front of the back four/five allow one of the youngsters to step up alongside Turnbull? They have got to prove themselves at some point otherwise what’s the point? Not that I am suggesting this was the preference or anything?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest2677

« Reply #1014 on: June 25, 2019, 12:15:10 pm »

How about going for that French women’s centre half that looks like she eats children ?
Oh yes, Wendie.
A real prospect that one. Could definitely hold her own against the very best of league two strikers I feel.
Report Spam   Logged
LawfordCob

View Profile
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1015 on: June 25, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »

Shrewsbury were also looking at Dan Happe from Leyton Orient.. now he might be an option?
Although I would think he'd probably want to play a bit higher up than L2 if he wanted to move.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:42:22 pm by LawfordCob » Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #1016 on: June 25, 2019, 12:44:12 pm »

Sad to see AP leave but like its been said already looks as though its been coming. I think we are to CB light and hope that will be address, its also worth remembering that this is the point in the market were  targets are becoming available that previously were not and KC did say a while ago that he wanted to keep squad places open for that very reason.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 25, 2019, 13:41:37 pm »

You dont know we haven't made a move already and you dont know how much we got for him or infact another player we have sold for an undisclosed fee
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 25, 2019, 14:25:25 pm »

You dont know we haven't made a move already and you dont know how much we got for him or infact another player we have sold for an undisclosed fee
Don't like the secrecy. It's implied it was a good offer but it comes down to perspective. Let's see who replaces him.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1019 on: June 25, 2019, 14:28:19 pm »

Pity but he is replaceable.
Everyone is replaceable, but will be replaced with someone of the same or better ability? the best players virtually never are, my bet is his replacement will weaken the team
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: