The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:21:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 169832 times)
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #1160 on: July 02, 2019, 09:33:04 am »

Meanwhile - elsewhere ......
Mansfield sign Nicky Maynard ...

And? Did you expect us to sign both Adams and Maynard?

We get it though, you don't like Curle....
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1161 on: July 02, 2019, 09:49:12 am »

And? Did you expect us to sign both Adams and Maynard?

We get it though, you don't like Curle....
It would have been nice , that’s for sure.
In the meantime , I will get the enthusiasm up for Oliver and put a bet on Mansfield finishing above us in the league.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1162 on: July 02, 2019, 09:53:00 am »

Goode would be a solid signing but the kind of player I expected even if we had kept Pierre. The next signing (after Goode if the rumour is true) will be the guide to how well we replace Pierre.

That’s my feeling entirely, I’m not against Jay Williams getting more of a chance but I’d rather he get eased in gradually next season as/when required. If we go with 3 centre backs then we are definitely 1 short (assuming Goode is announced later/tomorrow).
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1163 on: July 02, 2019, 09:55:28 am »

That forward line worries me . Only Williams has proven to score regularly . The others could come good but it would be the first time they did so .

not sure gary lineker in his pomp would have got many goals for us with the likes of powell and hoskins providing the ammo!

Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 02, 2019, 10:05:01 am »

That’s my feeling entirely, I’m not against Jay Williams getting more of a chance but I’d rather he get eased in gradually next season as/when required. If we go with 3 centre backs then we are definitely 1 short (assuming Goode is announced later/tomorrow).
if we go 3 at the back, i would definitely go with one of the young players in there. You've got to give them a chance sooner or later.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1165 on: July 02, 2019, 10:07:52 am »

If you're playing 3 established centre-backs, they're not going to stay fully healthy for the full season, so you can still bring two new centre-backs in and have enough games for some of the Academy products to play a part.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #1166 on: July 02, 2019, 11:54:13 am »

It would have been nice , that’s for sure.
In the meantime , I will get the enthusiasm up for Oliver and put a bet on Mansfield finishing above us in the league.

Laughable stuff. So you're judging the summer business so far on a comparison between Oliver and Maynard, the former of which will probably be a bench player (despite what you claim) and the other a sure-fire starter? How about using the signings of Adams, McCormack, Lines, Watson, Martin, Smith, or Warburton etc. as a comparison?

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1167 on: July 02, 2019, 15:12:40 pm »

Laughable stuff. So you're judging the summer business so far on a comparison between Oliver and Maynard, the former of which will probably be a bench player (despite what you claim) and the other a sure-fire starter? How about using the signings of Adams, McCormack, Lines, Watson, Martin, Smith, or Warburton etc. as a comparison?

Wtf are you cr*pping on about ?
I’m not judging anything on a single signing at all.
However I do think Mansfield have shown real intent with the signing of Maynard and in general have a very good squad that I think is better than ours currently.
Yes , we have made some good signings and some tenuous ones . Much depends on who else comes in but at this moment in time we have enough to challenge for the play offs if we get 2 more good centre halves .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 02, 2019, 15:37:25 pm »

However I do think Mansfield have shown real intent with the signing of Maynard and in general have a very good squad that I think is better than ours currently.
Yes , we have made some good signings and some tenuous ones . Much depends on who else comes in but at this moment in time we have enough to challenge for the play offs if we get 2 more good centre halves .

Who else have Mansfield signed - the only one I’ve seen is Maynard (and it will be interesting to see how he goes in a team without all of the attacking weapons that he had at bury) and I would have assumed that they lost all of the loan players that did so well for them last season? Plus they’ve got John Dempster who is a complete managerial novice and that could go either way.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 02, 2019, 15:41:55 pm »

Pretty sure the Mansfield budget is higher than ours so I think KC is doing a decent recruiting job considering plus he's managed to offload most of the dross he inherited...

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1170 on: July 02, 2019, 16:45:54 pm »

Interesting times again, Sileby hopefully will give us a clue on formation.

Would be happy to have Goode back in the fold, solid player.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #1171 on: July 02, 2019, 17:12:51 pm »

Interesting times again, Sileby hopefully will give us a clue on formation.

Would be happy to have Goode back in the fold, solid player.
Solidly built, blood and guts player who'll leave everything out there (a reason for his popularity) but prone to make at least one howler per game from the evidence of last season. Not a suitable replacement for AP in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 02, 2019, 17:30:44 pm »

Solidly built, blood and guts player who'll leave everything out there (a reason for his popularity) but prone to make at least one howler per game from the evidence of last season. Not a suitable replacement for AP in my opinion.

More than suitable replacement for AT though!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1173 on: July 02, 2019, 17:47:46 pm »

Rochdale have today signed a new left back so presumeably will not be wanting Bunney again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #1174 on: July 02, 2019, 17:59:00 pm »

Negotiations are still going on.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1175 on: July 02, 2019, 18:05:12 pm »

We need two center half’s not another fcuking striker.
Goode is a very ordinary L2 defender, we need a captain and leader at center half.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #1176 on: July 02, 2019, 18:41:38 pm »

Negotiations are still going on.

Nope both are done. Waiting for the go ahead to announce one then the other will be.

Some may say why do we need to wait, with Pierre we made Shrewsbury wait until half 10 before announcing!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1177 on: July 02, 2019, 18:49:13 pm »

Nope both are done. Waiting for the go ahead to announce one then the other will be.

Some may say why do we need to wait, with Pierre we made Shrewsbury wait until half 10 before announcing!

If one is a trialist, why do we have to wait? There is no other club to worry about.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #1178 on: July 02, 2019, 18:52:00 pm »

If one is a trialist, why do we have to wait? There is no other club to worry about.

Want to announce the ‘better’ signing first
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 02, 2019, 18:56:14 pm »

Want to announce the ‘better’ signing first

I’ll be fascinated to hear how KC spins the underwhelming signing to the supporters!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: