The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:57:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours 2019

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours 2019  (Read 169784 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1820 on: September 02, 2019, 17:59:25 pm »

Bunney to Bolton is confirmed - on a deal until the end of the season.

So what happens with a ‘mutual cancellation’?

Let’s say he was on 1.5k a week with us, yet he’s already got a move lined up to Bolton however they can only pay him 1k a week.
So we mutually agree to pay part of his shortfall so he can get the move he wants?

Rather than pay him 40k in wages until July, we pay him 15k to go now and Bolton make up the difference so he isn’t any worse off and gets the move he wants.

I dare say it’s actually cost us a little bit of money to get rid of him...but it’s ok, he was a first teamer who wasn’t happy down here!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3063

« Reply #1821 on: September 02, 2019, 18:56:05 pm »

Unless we mutually cancel his contract too....

Isn't it too late? The contract has to be cancelled before deadline day (5pm) to enable him to sign somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 02, 2019, 19:13:10 pm »

Isn't it too late? The contract has to be cancelled before deadline day (5pm) to enable him to sign somewhere else.

Actually I believe you are right...he was under contract when the window closed, so although we could cancel at any time he would be unable to register for a new club until January.
Report Spam   Logged

mr3teas

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 02, 2019, 19:27:32 pm »

Couldn’t a team from Scotland come him for him as their window shuts at 9pm
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1824 on: September 02, 2019, 19:33:04 pm »

Actually I believe you are right...he was under contract when the window closed, so although we could cancel at any time he would be unable to register for a new club until January.

That's how I see it GPC. I doubt Waters would agree to a cancellation at this stage, January could be different. I think Leyton Orient cancelled a contract (Cox) after the transfer deadline a few years back, he signed for Crawley but couldn't play until January if I remember rightly.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 02, 2019, 19:37:10 pm »

That's how I see it GPC. I doubt Waters would agree to a cancellation at this stage, January could be different. I think Leyton Orient cancelled a contract (Cox) after the transfer deadline a few years back, he signed for Crawley but couldn't play until January if I remember rightly.

That’s the one....we were tentatively linked with him, then the fact we couldn’t sign him dawned on everyone!!
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1826 on: September 02, 2019, 20:41:01 pm »

From what I can make out Bunney awanted to play up in the North West since his family is up there. Bolton is perfect they rebuilding the team and a spot came up.
He's played for Stockport, Dale, Blackpool and us.

Bolton will be coming down but if he wants to play up there Good Luck to him..

Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 02, 2019, 20:55:47 pm »

From what I can make out Bunney awanted to play up in the North West since his family is up there. Bolton is perfect they rebuilding the team and a spot came up.
He's played for Stockport, Dale, Blackpool and us.

Bolton will be coming down but if he wants to play up there Good Luck to him..

Keith Hill in charge, 9 signings made today, potentially more (for cash) in January,  only 3 teams going down, 15 points is not too much to make up in the remaining 41 games.

SkyBet only offering 5/2 on them staying up........
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #1828 on: September 02, 2019, 21:45:45 pm »

So Bunney is selected ahead of Martin and there is no credible left back alternative except in the non contract Brieleys bargain bin .
Smacks of muddled thinking to me
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1829 on: September 02, 2019, 22:07:27 pm »

So Bunney is selected ahead of Martin and there is no credible left back alternative except in the non contract Brieleys bargain bin .

You don't get it do you? Bunney wanted to leave and play in his beloved North West - KC made that quite clear back in August. There is a credible left back - Martin. Seems to me it is you who has slightly muddled thinking. Happens to us all Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1830 on: September 03, 2019, 07:36:11 am »

Smacks of being skint to me, Bunney would have been on good money and came from Rochdale for a fee, KT has obviously told KC no more money.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1831 on: September 03, 2019, 07:52:38 am »

Smacks of being skint to me, Bunney would have been on good money and came from Rochdale for a fee, KT has obviously told KC no more money.

Smacks of a player that has always said that he wanted to return to the North West, to be nearer his family, being given that opportunity by the club because he wasn't entirely happy this far south.
It will be interesting to see who plays at left back when/if Martin is out or will we resort to three at the back and wing backs/left midfielders to accommodate Goode, Turnbull and Wharton?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #1832 on: September 03, 2019, 07:55:01 am »

You don't get it do you? Bunney wanted to leave and play in his beloved North West - KC made that quite clear back in August. There is a credible left back - Martin. Seems to me it is you who has slightly muddled thinking. Happens to us all Roll Eyes
On the contrary . I complete get it and don’t need anything repeating but thanks for the primary school explanation.
The point is, Bunney was always likely to go because the poor lamb is “homesick” ( man up for gods sake ) and yet is selected ahead of Martin for many games who Curle has chosen as his player to play left back.
We now have no cover there at all and are shopping in the bargain bucket . Exactly the same as the situation with Buchanan in the past .

Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1833 on: September 03, 2019, 08:20:11 am »

On the contrary . I complete get it and don’t need anything repeating but thanks for the primary school explanation.
The point is, Bunney was always likely to go because the poor lamb is “homesick” ( man up for gods sake ) and yet is selected ahead of Martin for many games who Curle has chosen as his player to play left back.
We now have no cover there at all and are shopping in the bargain bucket . Exactly the same as the situation with Buchanan in the past .

Take your point, but Turnbull can play left back very comfortably if required. That would of course leave us a bit threadbare at centre half!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1834 on: September 03, 2019, 08:54:55 am »

Take your point, but Turnbull can play left back very comfortably if required. That would of course leave us a bit threadbare at centre half!
Not if Wharton is injured - we have no other left footed centre back or if we were to play wing backs .
At the end of the day , it’s down to budget . Thankfully we are not going to do a Bury and we have to put up with average players .
My argument is that the youth needs to be developed on.
From what I understand , that’s not happening .
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 03, 2019, 09:14:17 am »

Not if Wharton is injured - we have no other left footed centre back or if we were to play wing backs .
At the end of the day , it’s down to budget . Thankfully we are not going to do a Bury and we have to put up with average players .
My argument is that the youth needs to be developed on.
From what I understand , that’s not happening .

Why is this? You've posted similar before....whats the issue?
Report Spam   Logged

ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #1836 on: September 03, 2019, 10:20:28 am »

My guess is that no-one had or was likely to come in for Bunney, and as the close of the window neared it had become expected that he was going to stay. He was seen as legitimate competition for Martin in a position that we then looked reasonably strong in and as he was on very good money it wasn't likely KC was going to let him stagnate in the reserves at the expense of blooding in a young left back.

All that changed with the resolution of Bolton's problems 5 days ago. They were desperate for players, were in the right area for Bunney and this presented a perfect - if not unique - situation which allowed Curle to 'tear up' Bunney's contract as he had suggested he was happy to earlier in the window.

I'd suggest that if Bolton had not been saved the chance of Bunney leaving was zero. Not an ideal solution for us perhaps, but not the kind of thing that could easily be planned for.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #1837 on: September 03, 2019, 11:30:32 am »

He was cover for Martin and Hoskins only
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1838 on: September 03, 2019, 12:19:19 pm »

Why is this? You've posted similar before....whats the issue?
Lack of planning , lack of player development , lack of continuation and joined up thinking .
Look at where the club is currently successful and then what happens from there .
It stares you in the face .
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1839 on: September 03, 2019, 14:27:27 pm »

Martin was first choice, he got injured
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: