The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:35:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

2019/20 Starting line up

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019/20 Starting line up  (Read 10200 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« on: May 07, 2019, 14:49:29 pm »

*edit as of 4/7 am.

Based on wing back formation:

David Cornell

Nicky Adams (RWB)
Charlie Goode
Jay Williams
Jay Turnbull
Joe Martin (LWB)

Chris Lines
Sean McWilliams
Alan McCormack

Matty Warburton (Number10)
Harry Smith (CF)

Subs:

1. Morias
2. Hoskins
3. Andy Williams
4. Ryan Watson
5. Scott Pollock
6. Reece Hall-Johnson
7. Steve Arnold (gk)

Others - Vadaine Oliver, Ryan Hughes, Jack Newell, Sean Whaler, Jack Newell, Lashley (gk), Cam McWilliams

Transfer listed - Billy Waters,  Joe Bunney

So;

17 fully fledged pro's.
2 young pro's good enough (Jay Williams and Scott Pollock)
2 transfer listed fully fledged pro's.
6 mainly untried youngsters.

Total squad - 27

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:54:39 am by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3063

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 15:07:51 pm »

Goalkeeper (on bench) - Bradley Lashley. I think Sean Whaler will be out with a nasty injury he picked up when out on loan. Just six on the bench then  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 15:08:22 pm »

He'll go with 3-5-2.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 15:26:48 pm »

What a completely pointless post
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 15:42:27 pm »

I read the first name on the team sheet and gave up.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 16:09:13 pm »

Cornell
         J.Williams Pierre (New) 
C.Mcwilliams                        (New)
          S.Mcwilliams  Turnbull
                      Warburton
                     A.Williams/(New)

I think he will go 3-5-2 and have no issue with that, its the lack of wide personnel that have stopped it from working not the system.

I also Think he will stick with Cornell and will hopefully revert to Turnbull as the holding player.

Andy Williams is a strange one as he showed little faith in him but surely he must have played his way into his thoughts now.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 20:35:24 pm »

What a completely pointless post

Agreed
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 21:11:44 pm »

I think of the current squad only Pierre, Turnbull (if they are still here) and Warburton will be regular starters next season.

The rest of the unlisted squad members will be second string/bench players, though I can see a few of these moving on before the summer is out as well.

Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 22:13:04 pm »

Err, why are we trying to predict next season's starting line up when we don't even know what the squad even looks like!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 08:30:35 am »

I read the first name on the team sheet and gave up.

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 12:38:58 pm »

Err, why are we trying to predict next season's starting line up when we don't even know what the squad even looks like!

The thread will have longevity then as he can keep updating it as players come in or leave.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 12:51:22 pm »

The thread will have longevity then as he can keep updating it as players come in or leave.

Updated mate. I think a few missed the point of it!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 12:56:35 pm »

Based on the latest players that are under contact and assuming he wants to keep/cant get rid of anyone other than the ones officially listed, I reckon we need:

1. Goalkeeper, number2. Im happy with Cornell as the number1, would prefer the budget spent elsewhere.
2. Right wing back to challenge (at least) Powell.
3. Central defender, experienced.
4. Centre midfielder, one thats quite attack minded.
5. Centre forward, that would be where my 'big money' would be spent on wages.
6. Quick, skillful winger. Proven at this level.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 14:25:53 pm »

Drilling - minor point but Bradley Lashley has signed a pro deal at the end of last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 19:06:41 pm »

Drilling - minor point but Bradley Lashley has signed a pro deal at the end of last season.

I suspect that he will go out on loan next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 19:49:50 pm »

I don’t think I’d go with Powell at right wing back to be honest - we’ve had too much of the square pegs in round holes and in any case he might still turn down his contract offer.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 08:58:35 am »

The signings of Martin ('A 3-5-2 formation does suit me') and Warburton (classic no.10) coupled with Curle's past preferences certainly seem to point to 3-5-2.

My main concern, however , to echo several others, is the potential lack of pace in the starting X1. This could be remedied in two ways:

1. By playing a pacy forward alongside Smith. Morais is the obvious choice here, but Curle doesn't seem overly keen on him. Perhaps he'll look a different proposition after a full pre-season here, but we'll wait and see. Alternatively, as I've argued before, Daniel Powell has shown signs of converting into a pacy and composed striker at this level (notwithstanding his obvious and much-documented limitations as a winger). However, Powell may yet reject the almost-certainly-reduced terms he's been offered in order to sign on elsewhere.

Whilst it probably wouldn't be quite as one-dimensional as the infamous 'Rico and Revell' double act, a pairing of Smith and Williams would probably still leave us more than a tad one-paced, predictable and limited. 

There is also a dire need for some pace off the bench which is something we desperately needed last year due to our dearth of game-changing options.

Regardless of what happens with Morais, Powell and Williams, I'd be looking to be signing one or two young, hungry pacy strikers/wingers who could make us a bit less one-dimensional.

2. Sign a pacy right-wing back: i.e. the kind of player Facey should have been before he went massively off the boil.

I've never been a massive fan of 3-5-2, but it probably suits the personnel we have now and I can see a midfield three of Warbuton, Lines and McWilliams/Turnbull being pretty good at this level.

Of course if we lose Pierre, that opens a whole other can of worms...

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 10:27:12 am »

The three areas with new signings that will determine if we are successful or not are whether we can bring in characters/leaders (I’d imagine that Lines and Martin kind of fit this mould but we need more), pace and have we got enough goals to get us up to the playoffs/automatic places. As tranmere have shown if you’ve got a striker who can score 25+ you’re going to be there or thereabouts - we need someone to get around 20 and others chip in but whether smith, Williams or morias are capable of that remains to be seen.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 11:41:48 am »

The signings of Martin ('A 3-5-2 formation does suit me') and Warburton (classic no.10) coupled with Curle's past preferences certainly seem to point to 3-5-2.

My main concern, however , to echo several others, is the potential lack of pace in the starting X1. This could be remedied in two ways:

1. By playing a pacy forward alongside Smith. Morais is the obvious choice here, but Curle doesn't seem overly keen on him. Perhaps he'll look a different proposition after a full pre-season here, but we'll wait and see. Alternatively, as I've argued before, Daniel Powell has shown signs of converting into a pacy and composed striker at this level (notwithstanding his obvious and much-documented limitations as a winger). However, Powell may yet reject the almost-certainly-reduced terms he's been offered in order to sign on elsewhere.

Whilst it probably wouldn't be quite as one-dimensional as the infamous 'Rico and Revell' double act, a pairing of Smith and Williams would probably still leave us more than a tad one-paced, predictable and limited. 

There is also a dire need for some pace off the bench which is something we desperately needed last year due to our dearth of game-changing options.

Regardless of what happens with Morais, Powell and Williams, I'd be looking to be signing one or two young, hungry pacy strikers/wingers who could make us a bit less one-dimensional.

2. Sign a pacy right-wing back: i.e. the kind of player Facey should have been before he went massively off the boil.

I've never been a massive fan of 3-5-2, but it probably suits the personnel we have now and I can see a midfield three of Warbuton, Lines and McWilliams/Turnbull being pretty good at this level.

Of course if we lose Pierre, that opens a whole other can of worms...

Very good post, I do wonder if either Morais or Powell will or do need replacing.
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2019, 11:49:19 am »

Very good post, I do wonder if either Morais or Powell will or do need replacing.

Yes agree Bungle’s analysis is as usual pretty much on the nail.

Re Powell - I find him such a frustrating player but I would persist for at least the start of the season. Morals clearly a hungry player and again he gets a place (starting or on the bench) for me in the current set up KC seems to be putting together.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: