The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:08:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New ground next season

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New ground next season  (Read 2360 times)
NTFC87

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« on: May 11, 2019, 23:03:50 pm »

So Salford away it is next season not been there before as many of us haven't I presume well atleast Manchester isn't such a bad place for a day out
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 08:47:32 am »

Deep joy, another plastic club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 08:48:41 am »

Golly for a moment I thought the redevelopment thread was at an end.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 09:44:28 am »

Golly for a moment I thought the redevelopment thread was at an end.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 09:52:08 am »

Was glad to see Notts County relegated, I hate the snobbery where some some clubs think they deserve to be in the league because of their history or fan base. Football is a sport if your team is rubbish you get relegated and get replaced by a better team.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 10:27:04 am »

Yeah, I understand the point that it's all about the ability of a team at the end of the day, but I cant say I'm enthused that another Crawley/Fleetwood exist. 8000 fans at Wembley total ffs, completely deriving some real fans football league games.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 10:42:10 am »

Isn’t the whole league/non league stigma just a historic thing. Since the introduction of promotion/relegation, the professionalism now of non league clubs isn’t the drop to the conference now barely any different to any other relegation. It’s not the graveyard it used to be just look at Luton,
Lincoln & Orient it’s surely only a matter of time before a third promotion/relegation position is introduced. Just because a team has less supporters it doesn’t make them any more less real supporters than at bigger clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 12:39:37 pm »

Was glad to see Notts County relegated, I hate the snobbery where some some clubs think they deserve to be in the league because of their history or fan base. Football is a sport if your team is rubbish you get relegated and get replaced by a better team.

…………… or a richer club ...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 13:44:53 pm »

Yeah, I understand the point that it's all about the ability of a team at the end of the day, but I cant say I'm enthused that another Crawley/Fleetwood exist. 8000 fans at Wembley total ffs, completely deriving some real fans football league games.
Me neither.
65 clubs have played in the top flight since 1888. Of those, only 8 (I think) have been relegated back to non league after they first became a league club.
Darwen (1)
Glossop (1)
Leyton (1)
Carlisle (1)
Bradford Park Avenue (3)
Oxford (3)
Accrington (5)
Grimsby (12)
Luton (16)
Notts County (30)
Numbers in brackets are the seasons those clubs have spent in the top flight.

Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 14:03:47 pm »

We've given it a good go though to join those ranks.
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 17:23:29 pm »

I would not get too excited about the trip, though an excuse to have a few drinks in Manchester.

I know a few Salford fans who no longer go, feeling alienated with the shenanigans off the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 18:50:08 pm »

I would not get too excited about the trip, though an excuse to have a few drinks in Manchester.

I know a few Salford fans who no longer go, feeling alienated with the shenanigans off the pitch.

Fair play to them!
Nearer Prestwich (on the tram to Bury) than inner Salford...Besses O' t' Barns maybe a stop!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 19:02:49 pm »

Fair play to them!
Nearer Prestwich (on the tram to Bury) than inner Salford...Besses O' t' Barns maybe a stop!  Wink
Once tried to do the tram beer trail from Bury to Manchester .... Gave up after three stops, as the pubs were so far from the tram stops 🙂
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 19:33:30 pm »

Looks like a red version of Chester City's ground.

Still, got to be done I guess!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 21:52:30 pm »

Thought that MK were the plastic ones?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 06:43:49 am »

I thought Salford had worked their way through the leagues, therefore not plastic, a rich club maybe but not plastic. I don't think too many Cobblers fans would be complaining if we had their sort of money.

Personally I love a day out in Manchester, some great real ale pubs and new beers, and a pint of Joey Holts to finish the day.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 07:25:27 am »

Will be interesting to see how they get on in the League now they have financial fair play.
They can no longer just throw money at it and as was shown at Wembley they dont have a great fan base (avg 2500).
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 18:12:06 pm »

not a big difference tho between non league and league 2 though just look at Forrest green
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 23:29:44 pm »

not a big difference tho between non league and league 2 though just look at Forrest green

The Forest Green who could only sell 3300 home tickets for tonights playoff semi final?? (Tranmere took 1188)

FGR only took 316 supporters to the away leg last Friday.

There may not be a big difference in quality.....but a big club is a big club whether in the league or non-league (Notts County, Wrexham and the likes), a small club is a small cub whether non-league or league (Morecambe, Macclesfield, Crawley)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
NTFC87

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 20:13:41 pm »

The Forest Green who could only sell 3300 home tickets for tonights playoff semi final?? (Tranmere took 1188)

FGR only took 316 supporters to the away leg last Friday.

There may not be a big difference in quality.....but a big club is a big club whether in the league or non-league (Notts County, Wrexham and the likes), a small club is a small cub whether non-league or league (Morecambe, Macclesfield, Crawley)
i was on about the level of football not attendance look how many we took to Wembley against Swansea and look where they've been since old Trafford anfield the emirates and where we been Macclesfield Crawley and mk mongs
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: