The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:02:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 4883 times)
guest3305

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 28, 2019, 17:41:40 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 18:07:44 pm »

You can purchase I follow on the ntfc website, which should let you watch any Northampton game not on live UK team (almost all of them). I'd check the terms and conditions for how it applies to Sweden.

https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000096705-International

Due to the 3pm blackout in the UK, it's far easier to watch football league games abroad than in the UK. I know there's a few who use Ifollow on our website who live abroad who would be able to fill you in its quality a little bit better than I can.

I really wouldn't worry about Atmosphere, your far more to have suffer old people moaning than impede any Atmosphere, theres very few pockets of singing unless it's a local rival or big game. If you can get a ticket, West or North are best shouts as East is the unfinished stand where the kids are.

Also, the club is normally quite good at welcoming fans from abroad, as  I know they normally do a bit of social media from it, so I dont know if it's worth speaking to the club directly if you're coming from abroad, but once again a few more people might know more about that than me.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 18:37:39 pm »

Hi just to follow up - the ifollow subscription is great value for money - all league games home and away if you are a non UK resident - reasonable commentary but no replays.

I don’t live in the uk but still go back for most Saturday home games but I can really recommend the  I follow subscription.

Welcome to NTFC
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 19:24:12 pm »

Welcome to the Hotel End and to all things Cobblers .... I hope you are able to make it over here sometime to take in a live game.

Enjoy this forum and don't necessarily believe anyone on here suggesting that our Chairman is a Bad Man  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 22:23:14 pm »

You can purchase I follow on the ntfc website, which should let you watch any Northampton game not on live UK team (almost all of them). I'd check the terms and conditions for how it applies to Sweden.

https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000096705-International

Due to the 3pm blackout in the UK, it's far easier to watch football league games abroad than in the UK. I know there's a few who use Ifollow on our website who live abroad who would be able to fill you in its quality a little bit better than I can.

I really wouldn't worry about Atmosphere, your far more to have suffer old people moaning than impede any Atmosphere, theres very few pockets of singing unless it's a local rival or big game. If you can get a ticket, West or North are best shouts as East is the unfinished stand where the kids are.

Also, the club is normally quite good at welcoming fans from abroad, as  I know they normally do a bit of social media from it, so I dont know if it's worth speaking to the club directly if you're coming from abroad, but once again a few more people might know more about that than me.

The away support is good and is generally around 500 to 2000 fans depending on the fixture and how well we are doing. The home support is ok(just) - but ramps up significantly if we are in relegation danger!! or even title chasing.  As for atmosphere it can be quite electric at times particularly away. I am an oldie and don't hear too much moaning except at the referee/linesman/Wendy! The real moaning generally occurs on here Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2934

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 07:06:53 am »

Hello to you too!

If your'e Benny or Bjorn I'm sure you can come up with some songs of your own?

I use ifollow here in Thailand, you can pay per game and the quality here is outstanding. Don't listen to Everbrite too much, because according to him if you don't go to games you basically know nothing at all, despite forums being the go to place for people who....can't get to games.

Up the Cobblers!

Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 08:07:47 am »

Even on a thread so far removed from the Redevelopment saga you just cannot resist. For Gods sake Beds give it a rest.
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 08:08:41 am »

And welcome STSW!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 08:20:26 am »

Hello STSW! We're always happy to see new Cobblers appear from other places around the globe!

Ignore BedsCobb - he has a few issues that effect his perception of reality. He has decided not to buy any match tickets this year as he doesn't like the owners, which is fair enough and his prerogative, and will instead watch matches from the hill outside the ground. Quite how that equates in his head to being banished is anyone's guess....  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 09:59:49 am »

You should also pm Everbrite, he normally gives overseas visitors a free bed for the night
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 10:46:43 am »

You should also pm Everbrite, he normally gives overseas visitors a free bed for the night

Have you seen Hostel? It's a bit like that, I believe.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 10:57:39 am »

Hi and welcome to The HotelEnd and all things Cobblers, from where-ever you are.....don't believe everything that you read on here as a word of caution. Hopefully you will have some fun and improve your English.

As "Everbrite/ Tony says the away scene is where it's really at and the Fans run several buses under at least 3 different banners to all games.

Why not join the Supporters Trust and get really involved ?

If you are not in the middle of nowhere ....try a flight & hop over into Stansted Airport!

Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 18:19:54 pm »

Welcome and well done chap!

I brought a couple of Swedish students to Sixfields about five years ago now...good tour of Northampton pubs met a lot of the fans and they bought souvenirs, scarves shirts etc.

Who do you support in Sweden? Have been to Hammarby v Djugården around 10 yrs back, and also Sweden v Latvia after that...so guess Bajen are my club in Sweden!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 18:56:33 pm »

sxcobbler, Thanks! and I will defintately look into the supporters trust! yeah, i love away games  Wink.

Coolcat, wow, sounds great! i would love to get a tour like that when i travel for my first game!

My team in Sweden is AIK (also Stockholm team) so both Djurgården and Hammarby are our biggest rivals. What did you think when you visited here? the atmopshere is world class right? but the football not so much haha.
Good time around Södermalm both times, then off to the Rasunda. More or less a sellout for both games - 36,000?
Despite Sweden being expensive, the Stockholm derby tickets were only around £12 at the time...British football in general is the most expensive on the planet unfortunately! A ticket at Northampton will be £22!
However, the depth of support is also considerably higher than other countries - Northampton at level 4 still attract an average of around 5000 which is a shade above the normal for this league! 

Black Army!  Wink
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 18:58:38 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 09:24:08 am »

Good old Råsunda days... miss that stadium. It was our home stadium but all the derbys played there since it was way too Dangerous to have derbys on hammarbys and djurgårdens old smaller stadiums. Råsunda was demolished in 2012. We now play in a new arena with 50k attendance,  Also Hammarby have a new stadium now at Södermalm (30k attendance)  which they share with djurgården haha can you imagine?

Yes, the ticket prices here in Sweden are very good! Its a disgrace how expensive
It is at some Places in the UK. Football teams are like companies here and clubs seems to forget how important the fans are. Lots and lots of passion here though, and i love it!

That's interesting about Hammarby/Djugården stadium share. Sodermalm is strong Hammarby territory, but isn't Djugården way out towards the zoo area?

Just for our entertainment, can you spell out AIK in full...it's rather long isn't it?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wellycobb

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 10:41:28 am »

Great to have you aboard STSW - enjoy the ride of being a cobbler! Up the teyn!
Report Spam   Logged
BACobbler

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 14:54:09 pm »

Welcome STSW. Following the Cobblers is never boring (apart from most of last year!). We are often in a relegation battle and about every 10 years we have a Championship party!! In between times there's often a drama with owners & money (or lack of it).

Very interesting to read your comments of Swedish football as we've grown to love Sweden after many holidays. We first only went to see a speedway meeting and now go back most years for holidays (we've also been to many Swedish speedway tracks) We've travelled from Jokkmokk to Ystad and loads of brilliant places in between.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 17:50:02 pm »

Welcome STSW. Following the Cobblers is never boring (apart from most of last year!). We are often in a relegation battle and about every 10 years we have a Championship party!! In between times there's often a drama with owners & money (or lack of it).

Very interesting to read your comments of Swedish football as we've grown to love Sweden after many holidays. We first only went to see a speedway meeting and now go back most years for holidays (we've also been to many Swedish speedway tracks) We've travelled from Jokkmokk to Ystad and loads of brilliant places in between.

I too have grown to love Sweden over the years … the meatballs at IKEA Croydon are to die for.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 19:40:35 pm »

French cobblers and now Swedish ones, has the kids holidays started already?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 10:25:33 am »

What ever happened to Hammarby's finest... Kennedy Bakircioglu? I built many a successful team around him on Championship Manager during my school / college days
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: