The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:52:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Deja Vu

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deja Vu  (Read 1898 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 21, 2019, 18:54:03 pm »

Boothroyd refuses to select form player and loses decisive game. Familiar?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 19:19:51 pm »

I thought the same! Fantastic squad. Massive under achievement.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 19:20:12 pm »

You beat me to it, I was going to post something similar...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 19:52:56 pm »

You beat me to it, I was going to post something similar...  Grin

He didn't pick Foden which was based on err tactical man management tactics. I looked at Talk Sport commentary/review of the game & there was no apparent criticsm of AB on selection. Surprise was registered on Fodens omission though. Anybody got a link which details any direct criticism or is this merely an asumption after the Bayo/Wembley debacle. Most criticism seems to be aimed at our Goalkeeper?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest1269

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 20:06:04 pm »

Just going back to the original disgraceful decision (Platty had not trained for SEVEN weeks!!!!) I was browsing the Bradford message board re them possibly signing Bayo recently and they recall how delighted they were with our team selection that day.

I'm not sure I can ever forgive AB for that ego driven decision.........
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 22:38:35 pm »

He didn't pick Foden which was based on err tactical man management tactics. I looked at Talk Sport commentary/review of the game & there was no apparent criticsm of AB on selection. Surprise was registered on Fodens omission though. Anybody got a link which details any direct criticism or is this merely an asumption after the Bayo/Wembley debacle. Most criticism seems to be aimed at our Goalkeeper?
Dropped a clanger to concede the third, but made numerous very good saves prior to that.

Individual errors at the back, undid the England U21 today, rather like the senior side.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 05:13:38 am »

Boothroyd will never revert from type, a self centred blinkered Yorkshire  man who can never see the bigger picture. His arrogance beggars belief, another Geoffrey Boycott type Yorkshire man. I bet he is a Theresa May fan as well. Good riddance.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 21:09:22 pm »

Boothroyd will never revert from type, a self centred blinkered Yorkshire  man who can never see the bigger picture. His arrogance beggars belief, another Geoffrey Boycott type Yorkshire man. I bet he is a Theresa May fan as well. Good riddance.

Coming from a scouse........................................ Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 03:15:59 am »

I would love to know why the FA reward failure, apart from getting Watford to the Premier League which was wonderful, this guy has flopped since then... struggles in league two and somehow gets into the England setup.

You know, I heard John Beck is was also given a job at the FA and we all know about his football from his Cambridge days.

Gareth Southgate got Middlesbrough relegated but the FA promoted him from under 21s to England first team, however he Iowa's and is still young so ill make exception for him (even though I feel other managers would have achieved the same at the Word Cup given how there was no expectation on't players) but these others are bizarre.

They should give it to a manager who is young and doing well not rewarding people for failure, it makes the job seem like a joke and I think the young upcoming players deserve a bit more respect from the FA.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 22:25:36 pm »

I would love to know why the FA reward failure, apart from getting Watford to the Premier League which was wonderful, this guy has flopped since then... struggles in league two and somehow gets into the England setup.

You know, I heard John Beck is was also given a job at the FA and we all know about his football from his Cambridge days.

Gareth Southgate got Middlesbrough relegated but the FA promoted him from under 21s to England first team, however he Iowa's and is still young so ill make exception for him (even though I feel other managers would have achieved the same at the Word Cup given how there was no expectation on't players) but these others are bizarre.

They should give it to a manager who is young and doing well not rewarding people for failure, it makes the job seem like a joke and I think the young upcoming players deserve a bit more respect from the FA.

Dan Ashworth was the man who picked Boothroyd for the England job. Prior to this; Boothroyd hired Ashworth when he was youth team manager at West Brom; then Boothroyd was picked to be Best Man at Ashworth's wedding. Do you need me to say anymore? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 05:33:27 am »

GOOD TO SEE YORKSHIRE MEN ACKNOWLEDGE A SCOUSERS CYNICAL BUT ACCURATE ASSESMENT OF BOOTHROYD.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 22:19:50 pm »

I've been over in Italy for the 3 matches, so according to Evers, I can speak about them with more knowledge than anyone who watched on TV  Grin
 In all seriousness, we should have won all 3 games and with a decent manager I think we would have. We were waiting at Rimini Airport this morning when the England party arrived to catch their private plane home. AB walked by me and looked the other way when he saw my Cobblers shirt !
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 23:17:04 pm »

Dan Ashworth was the man who picked Boothroyd for the England job. Prior to this; Boothroyd hired Ashworth when he was youth team manager at West Brom; then Boothroyd was picked to be Best Man at Ashworth's wedding. Do you need me to say anymore? Grin
Any suggestions of nepotism are completely and utterly unfounded. This was just pure coincidence and had no baring on matters whatsoever. Everyone knows that!
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 00:24:38 am »

Any suggestions of nepotism are completely and utterly unfounded. This was just pure coincidence and had no baring on matters whatsoever. Everyone knows that!

You are correct. Obviously! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: