The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:27:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Coventry City (in Spain) 12/7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coventry City (in Spain) 12/7  (Read 5720 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 13:17:04 pm »

Simply outrageous if true, we leave Billy Waters and a very good striker at this level in Junior Moaris at home and then take a someone on trial and some kids, absolutely wrong in my opinion and would constitute constructive dismissal in the real world.
Not impressed by the behaviour of the club with this at all, either transfer list them both or pay their contracts off but to marginalise them like this is wrong.
Yes, totally agree!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 15:28:33 pm »

Obviously we don't know the ins and outs, but if Billy and Junior wanted to go but were left out in favour of others, who are not contracted to NTFC, that's not going to help in building a team spirit, but who knows ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3293

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 15:31:01 pm »

I reckon Keith Curle knows more about building team spirit than some incredibly odd creatures from a football message board.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 15:35:28 pm »

In a survey of shirt manufacturers Nike came second from bottom.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 15:49:00 pm »

I reckon Keith Curle knows more about building team spirit than some incredibly odd creatures from a football message board.
Don't put yourself down mate, it takes all sorts  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 16:00:01 pm »

Obviously we don't know the ins and outs, but if Billy and Junior wanted to go but were left out in favour of others, who are not contracted to NTFC, that's not going to help in building a team spirit, but who knows ?

Not others, one. Maybe the French trialist is close to signing for us on his return from Spain.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 16:04:48 pm »

Slightly off topic - it looks like we’re 2 down in our training game against Bournemouth under 23’s.
Edit - now 2-2, Warburton with both.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 16:09:46 pm by Irchy cob » Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 16:47:55 pm »

Simply outrageous if true, we leave Billy Waters and a very good striker at this level in Junior Moaris at home and then take a someone on trial and some kids, absolutely wrong in my opinion and would constitute constructive dismissal in the real world.
Not impressed by the behaviour of the club with this at all, either transfer list them both or pay their contracts off but to marginalise them like this is wrong.

Christ I never had you done aa wallflower.

Its not hard is it. Both players were tol;d at the end of lastseason that at best they would be bit players only WE have lined up potential re[placements but the Budget needs to be freed up.  They can find other clubs or they can be happy to take thier wages whilst they see out their contracts but they are not expected to be around the first team squad.

Rather than go with the squad their time would be better spent finding alternative employers.

The trialist has no offer. He must perform to earn one. He cannot impress if he doesnt travel Hence that is why he is a trialist.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 16:56:05 pm »

Its not hard is it. Both players were tol;d at the end of lastseason that at best they would be bit players only WE have lined up potential re[placements but the Budget needs to be freed up.  They can find other clubs or they can be happy to take thier wages whilst they see out their contracts but they are not expected to be around the first team squad.

Rather than go with the squad their time would be better spent finding alternative employers.

The trialist has no offer. He must perform to earn one. He cannot impress if he doesnt travel Hence that is why he is a trialist.

+

mind you Man04 has not been himself recently as emplified by his last message. Maybe woman trouble.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 17:06:59 pm »

Finished 3-3 with Warburton getting them all, and I can't help but think that we still need more defensive reinforcement.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 17:13:20 pm »

This seems eminently sound opinion to me. Morais is injury prone and its difficult to see where he would play in the current team. If KC wishes to try out players in the one or two positions where we are still a little light he's entitled to do so.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2019, 19:26:41 pm »

Perhaps more of a concern is that Goode hasn’t played yet and neither has McCormack - I just hope that neither is too serious.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 20:10:17 pm »

Finished 3-3 with Warburton getting them all, and I can't help but think that we still need more defensive reinforcement.
2 new strikers both netting 3 each let's hope they can find the net come august
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 20:31:16 pm »

Oh the irony  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 21:08:00 pm »

Oh the irony  Grin Grin Grin

Go Frank Go
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2019, 21:19:31 pm »

Perhaps more of a concern is that Goode hasn’t played yet and neither has McCormack - I just hope that neither is too serious.

Nowt to worry about...

I asked James Whiting on Saturday re missing players...

He said those not playing just have minor niggles/aches/blisters etc which can happen due to hard pitches/start of pre season...he said it's not worth risking them until 100% but if it was a league match they could play...

Both McCormack & Goode have been doing fitness work in Spain so can't be far off & hopefully will feature on Friday. Main thing is they're out there bonding with the other players and getting familiar with KC tactics/formations etc...
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2019, 21:26:39 pm »

Nowt to worry about...

I asked James Whiting on Saturday re missing players...

He said those not playing just have minor niggles/aches/blisters etc which can happen due to hard pitches/start of pre season...he said it's not worth risking them until 100% but if it was a league match they could play...

Both McCormack & Goode have been doing fitness work in Spain so can't be far off & hopefully will feature on Friday. Main thing is they're out there bonding with the other players and getting familiar with KC tactics/formations etc...

Good to hear, thanks for that mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2019, 23:36:20 pm »

Why do we just assume the worst and think it's bad management?

The players have just had their holidays, lets just say that 1 of the players has been eating a little too many Big Mac & Fries (currently available for just £1.99 at all good McDonald's stores if you ask people for their bus tickets) so has put on a few extra pounds... Should he go to Spain? or should he stay behind to work hard on burning off those pounds and the opportunity of a luxury trip to Spain afforded to someone else who has been self disciplined and kept himself in shape over the summer?

Our last 3 managers had decent squads on paper yet they failed badly, Keith Curle came in and got some decent results, lets get behind him and give him some respect and support, come the first game of the season when it will be his own Cobblers side, we can then judge him and pick faults going on the evidence of what we see on the pitch.

At the minute he seems to get a lot of criticism through "what people have heard" without knowing if it is true or not and without knowing if information isn't being leaked out there by a disgruntled player etc, i/e players who are still at the club but the club have deemed them surplus to requirements and have been trying to offload them etc.

We seem so quick to jump on the criticise Keith Curle bus anyone would think we were a Russian club!!
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 05:17:50 am »

I heard that 99% of the posts on this site are boll0cks but it's only a rumour
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2019, 06:14:41 am »

Its just part of the Cobblers psyche, knock the team and think through the validity of the criticism afterwards. I am confident Curle will make the doommongers eat their words come the end of the season. Just personal opinion though which is all this site features.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: