The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:23:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Walsall 3rd August

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walsall 3rd August  (Read 12608 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2019, 16:16:33 pm »

HI BOTN, so you are happy that KT provides a manager with funds to waste on average players, with no plans to either entertain or achieve success just because he has some funds. You are happy to ignore that as a club with little future we cannot attract the right players, so just go round in circles.
There is also no plan or commitment to attract young players nor to develop and improve any players.  But you are happy we just do nothing and go through the motions.

West End sure it reads as a negative post and it is only one game but again we have failed to score in our first game of the season against a very average team. This season will be exactly the same as last and end in lower mid table whist those forward thinking clubs enjoy promotion or life in higher divisions.

Please give me one good reason why Northampton should not be a regular league 1 club or higher and anything lower is underachieving. We have a massive catchment area, we are central so a massive base of players to pick from, we are an 100 year old club with multiple generations of supporters and we have no massive Prem league club within 60 miles.

Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2019, 16:49:16 pm »

Well we created enough chances to win 4 games. Swap keepers and we win 3-0.
key personnel..particularly good or bad.......

Cornell ? ...why not Arnold
Hall- Johnson.....ranks amongst the sh1ttiest debuts ever ! At fault for the goal in part
McCormack.....strapped up & nowhere near fit
Goode....played well
Hoskins....doing a typical Sammy performance!
Smith .....won every header ( but to no-one) apart from the defensive one for their goal !
Adams.....Quality , looked like he was getting exasperated with the inability to convert his superb crosses
Lines.....Anonymous, very poor, big disappointment
Williams on as sub ....did s0d all

Special mention for Zonal Marking.....Disaster !  & the midfield set up by KC , out-thought by Clarke.....
But a real smash & grab. job done on us ......mind you, we could still be playing & wouldn't have scored.
Repeat of last season's opener  v. Imps.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2019, 17:05:56 pm »

HI BOTN, so you are happy that KT provides a manager with funds to waste on average players, with no plans to either entertain or achieve success just because he has some funds. You are happy to ignore that as a club with little future we cannot attract the right players, so just go round in circles.
There is also no plan or commitment to attract young players nor to develop and improve any players.  But you are happy we just do nothing and go through the motions.
West End sure it reads as a negative post and it is only one game but again we have failed to score in our first game of the season against a very average team. This season will be exactly the same as last and end in lower mid table whist those forward thinking clubs enjoy promotion or life in higher divisions.
Please give me one good reason why Northampton should not be a regular league 1 club or higher and anything lower is underachieving. We have a massive catchment area, we are central so a massive base of players to pick from, we are an 100 year old club with multiple generations of supporters and we have no massive Prem league club within 60 miles.
So what did you think of the game? (Take two.....)
Report Spam   Logged
guest3293

« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2019, 18:02:30 pm »

A club going NOWHERE off the field has almost no chance of going anywhere on the pitch.

A club (and it's fans) going through the motions.

It surprises me so many of you think it will be any different.

Back of the net post made me laugh, he is so anti the trust / fans being more involved, scoffed at my suggestion of a medium term plan (for the team to develop players) if it meant finishing 18th for a season or two, then 'happily' predicts a low / mid table finish prediction. !

Well we are already lower table, with no goals, no points, no entertainment value and no plans. Welcome to another season of KT / DB & Northampton Town Football Club.

Shut up you f***ing psychopath.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2019, 18:22:38 pm »

Our right back was properly useless! He must have been bought as cover not first choice
Yes, Reece Hall Johnson a shocker and just seemed way out of his depth - Conference/National league level, rather than a one off bad performance!
Yet Curle let the Birmingham City trialist go, having played in a similar role against Sheffield Utd (superior opposition to Walsall obviously) yet was quick and pushed up well...RHJ, spinning around like a dying fly for most of the game!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2019, 18:29:24 pm »

Yes, Reece Hall Johnson a shocker and just seemed way out of his depth - Conference/National league level, rather than a one off bad performance!
Yet Curle let the Birmingham City trialist go, having played in a similar role against Sheffield Utd (superior opposition to Walsall obviously) yet was quick and pushed up well...RHJ, spinning around like a dying fly for most of the game!

But it was just one game! After following the Cobblers for a number of years I have learnt not to judge players on one performance, good or bad. Give the lad a chance or should we write off Lines & McCormack (to name two) also?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2019, 19:38:30 pm »

But it was just one game! After following the Cobblers for a number of years I have learnt not to judge players on one performance, good or bad. Give the lad a chance or should we write off Lines & McCormack (to name two) also?
McCormack did ok till going off injured! Didn't seem like individual debut errors to me...come back to this later in the season shall we?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2019, 19:47:19 pm »

McCormack did ok till going off injured! Didn't seem like individual debut errors to me...come back to this later in the season shall we?

Yes, we shall. According to someone behind me McCormack couldn't do anything right, but I thought he did ok but clearly he was unfit unfortunately.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2019, 19:55:48 pm »

A club going NOWHERE off the field has almost no chance of going anywhere on the pitch.

Back of the net post made me laugh, he is so anti the trust / fans being more involved, scoffed at my suggestion of a medium term plan (for the team to develop players) if it meant finishing 18th for a season or two, then 'happily' predicts a low / mid table finish prediction. !

Well we are already lower table, with no goals, no points, no entertainment value and no plans. Welcome to another season of KT / DB & Northampton Town Football Club.
That's the Spirit..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2019, 21:07:25 pm »

Some what controversially from the sounds of it, I think Hall-Johnson got better as time went on. Admittedly he was flustered for the first 20, and in particular his distribution was not working at all, but I don't think it was any worse than Wharton who also really struggled to get up to speed first half as well. Hall-Johnson also managed to throw his body in the way to smash the ball out away from the box from a corner/cross(?) from what would have very likely been a second goal for them towards the end of the first half as well, but he never really looked comfortable, especially in comparison to Goode who had a good game.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2019, 21:09:59 pm »

Er, it was 18th for 4 seasons to develop the facilities. Happy to repost your complete drivel at any point to refresh your failing medium term memory. I scoffed as well by the way, 3 times now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 21:28:27 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2019, 21:18:14 pm »

Please give me one good reason why Northampton should not be a regular league 1 club or higher and anything lower is underachieving.

I’ll have a go. No one has consistently invested the considerable amounts necessary in the playing squad. Not that spending considerable amounts guarantees that. Of course we could develop the ground to attract players but that won’t guarantee it either? Sport you see, there’s always that element of unpredictability that seems to get in the way of the best laid plans? What did you think of the game anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2019, 21:32:56 pm »

Some what controversially from the sounds of it, I think Hall-Johnson got better as time went on. Admittedly he was flustered for the first 20, and in particular his distribution was not working at all, but I don't think it was any worse than Wharton who also really struggled to get up to speed first half as well. Hall-Johnson also managed to throw his body in the way to smash the ball out away from the box from a corner/cross(?) from what would have very likely been a second goal for them towards the end of the first half as well, but he never really looked comfortable, especially in comparison to Goode who had a good game.

Nothing  controversial with your comments ref H-J , he was typically inconsistent good one minute followed by a poor pass. Wharton had an in out game first half but certainly got better as the game progressed. Seems a good loan signing to me. Thought that Lines was desperately disappointing all game and lucky not to be hauled off. However  the real weakness was service from left, McCormack lookimg unfit and should have not been risked, Hoskins a la Hoskins. Until we remedy the leftside problem plus a a proven goal scorer; we will continue to disappoint.  Quite a few on here thought that Walsall were mediocre - I thought that they were quite a decent side and defended well second half mainly thanks to their goalie. Finally we should perservere with H-J , he will clearly get better.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 22:06:17 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2019, 21:40:51 pm »

Nothing controverial on your comments ref H-J , he was typically inconsistent good one minute followed by a poor pass. Wharton had an in out game first half but certainly got better as the game progressed. Seems a good loan signing to me. Thought that Lines was desperately disappointing all game and lucky not to be hauled off. However  the real weakness was service from left, McCormack lookimg unfit and should have not been risked, Hoskins a la Hoskins. Until we remedy the leftside problem plus a a proven goal scorer.  Quite a few on here thought that Walsall were mediocre - I thought that they were quite a decent side and defended well second half mainly thanks to their goalie. Finally we should perservere with H-J , he will clearly get better.
Sums up my thoughts Evers, 7 games in and we’ll know where we are. Proven goal scorers is the tricky bit. As rare as rare at this level and cost a fortune and it’s the holy grail of recruitment. I still hold out hope with the quality service that Adams provides Smith and Williams could still get be the answer despite Saturday. Particularly if we can solve the left side issue as well?
Report Spam   Logged

ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2019, 23:35:53 pm »

I also thought Hall-Johnson looked promising, obviously not a stellar debut, but I'm hopeful he will be decent for us at RB.

I thought overall we looked to be a technically better side than we did for most of last season. For example, I thought we saw more excellent deliveries into the box in that 1 match than we did for most of last season put together! I thought the teams technical improvement was such that Hoskins' lack of quality stuck out more than usual.

I can't agree with those who thought Walsall were average. I thought they were pretty decent and fancy they will be in and around the play-offs at the end of the season, though we certainly should have took something from the game.

My main concern though is the lack of goals in the team. McCormack, Lines, Watson, McWilliams, Adams and Hoskins are all very infrequent goalscorers, while both Smith and Oliver are not remotely what you could call 'prolific'. Only Williams has consistently scored in league football, but how often will Curle start him in games? It leaves a lot of pressure on Warburton's shoulders to make the step up and score regularly in his debut season, so fingers crossed on that one.

Hopefully we'll see one or two more attacking players in before the window closes, otherwise I think 1-0 (to either side) will become a very common scoreline this season.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2019, 23:37:19 pm »

Nothing  controversial with your comments ref H-J , he was typically inconsistent good one minute followed by a poor pass. Wharton had an in out game first half but certainly got better as the game progressed. Seems a good loan signing to me. Thought that Lines was desperately disappointing all game and lucky not to be hauled off. However  the real weakness was service from left, McCormack lookimg unfit and should have not been risked, Hoskins a la Hoskins. Until we remedy the leftside problem plus a a proven goal scorer; we will continue to disappoint.  Quite a few on here thought that Walsall were mediocre - I thought that they were quite a decent side and defended well second half mainly thanks to their goalie. Finally we should perservere with H-J , he will clearly get better.

I can't disagree with any of that Evers.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2019, 07:38:20 am »

How you make 12 signings but Cornell and Hoskins still play is beyond me.
A sign of a team that will do well is the number of square pegs that are forced into round holes.
We ended up with Hoskins as a winger and McWilliams as a full back.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
guest168

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2019, 07:55:55 am »

Er, it was 18th for 4 seasons to develop the facilities. Happy to repost your complete drivel at any point to refresh your failing medium term memory. I scoffed as well by the way, 3 times now.

Please explain how what we do now is any better?  Already had 3 seasons of low finishes, now on for our fourth under KT, but he is preferred as he has no plan  LOL and you say you are a businessman  LOL LOL LOL

Fail to prepare is prepare to fail, exactly what we are doing.

How / Why do you think we will achieve success under current ownership and management
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2019, 08:00:06 am »

Nope didn't go to the game as refuse to give KT my money or time.

But like many of the opening games I have seen let me guess.......

we huffed and puffed, had a couple of chances, gave them an easy one, booted the ball all over the park, didn't score and lost.

Most players were bang average, 1-2 were crap and 1 had a decent game.

Ultimately we LOST at home against an average team and didn't score or entertain.  But we have 10 new players in the club at least a few ****** fans are happy
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2019, 08:06:32 am »

Please explain how what we do now is any better?  Already had 3 seasons of low finishes, now on for our fourth under KT, but he is preferred as he has no plan  LOL and you say you are a businessman  LOL LOL LOL

Fail to prepare is prepare to fail, exactly what we are doing.

How / Why do you think we will achieve success under current ownership and management

it isn’t, and I don’t. The current owners are taking us nowhere and your business plan (excuse me whilst I p1ss myself) takes us straight out of the football league and probably out of business. Youre still getting yourself all confused. I know this is concept you struggle with but just because I think you have the business acumen of an amoeba, doesn’t mean I support the current owners.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:37:59 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: