The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:41:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Walsall 3rd August

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walsall 3rd August  (Read 12615 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2019, 08:23:24 am »

How you make 12 signings but Cornell and Hoskins still play is beyond me.
A sign of a team that will do well is the number of square pegs that are forced into round holes.
We ended up with Hoskins as a winger and McWilliams as a full back.
This sums it up for me, 12 signings and Hoskins is still on the pitch in a position that he has time and again proved he’s useless at fcuking winger.
Loose to Port Vale and the pressure will be on Clueless Curle.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2019, 08:33:52 am »

Well we created enough chances to win 4 games. Swap keepers and we win 3-0.

How does that work then?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2019, 08:42:13 am »

Noticeably , none of the young lads got given a chance on Saturday .
It’s early days but so much is going to depend on how well the likes of Pollock , Roberts and Williams do when they get a chance. I can’t help thinking Pollock deserves the nod over Hoskins or as  stela emend for Warburton as a sub .
Williams also has to start as our only recognised goalscorer.
Bunney also solves the issues on the left side.
I firmly believe if we kept Bunney and Morias , we have a decent enough squad but Curle remains the issue for me.
It’s early days but the man is just uninspiring .
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2019, 09:27:31 am »

Noticeably , none of the young lads got given a chance on Saturday .
It’s early days but so much is going to depend on how well the likes of Pollock , Roberts and Williams do when they get a chance. I can’t help thinking Pollock deserves the nod over Hoskins or as  stela emend for Warburton as a sub .
Williams also has to start as our only recognised goalscorer.
Bunney also solves the issues on the left side.
I firmly believe if we kept Bunney and Morias , we have a decent enough squad but Curle remains the issue for me.
It’s early days but the man is just uninspiring .

+1
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2019, 09:30:03 am »

We have already heard that Bunney wants a move North, and that's probably the reason why he's out of the reckoning, but what about Morias? Has he given a similar, want away, type message to the club?

Would be interested to hear from any "in the know".
Report Spam   Logged
guest3293

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2019, 09:38:45 am »

We've seen this all too often before.

Lose the first game or two, pull off a shock in the Coca Cola Cup, lose a few more games.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2019, 09:41:44 am »

We have already heard that Bunney wants a move North, and that's probably the reason why he's out of the reckoning, but what about Morias? Has he given a similar, want away, type message to the club?

Keith Curle is on record as saying that he told Morias he's not likely to get much game time and he would understand if he wanted to look elsewhere to play regularly. That seems pretty clear to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2019, 09:46:07 am »

This sums it up for me, 12 signings and Hoskins is still on the pitch in a position that he has time and again proved he’s useless at fcuking winger.
Loose to Port Vale and the pressure will be on Clueless Curle.

I'm convinced that Hoskins stays in the team due to his pace, which can help make things happen. However, he's not a winger and I don't understand why KC hasn't brought in another winger when he clearly wants to play two. As far as I can see Adams is the only genuine winger we have. God help us if/when he gets injured.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2019, 10:04:16 am »

Bunney may want a move north, but if we were to hit the top of the league and he was playing regularly, then he'd be happy to see the season out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2019, 10:12:20 am »

Bunney may want a move north, but if we were to hit the top of the league and he was playing regularly, then he'd be happy to see the season out.
We have to assume that Bunney is on decent money, so it's highly unlikely that any Northern club is going to come in for him, and take on his contract, if his sitting in the stands not playing for an average League 2 team.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2019, 10:15:25 am »

Both Morias and Bunney are employed by the club.
They would both add to what we already have and give something different.
They should be part of the set up regardless of their position at the club .
I couldnt care less if they wanted to leave or not . Don’t pay them if they don’t want to be here .
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2019, 10:49:29 am »

Hoskins will cost KC his job if he keeps picking him and expecting him to score goals.

We were not fantastic by any means but we should have won that game on Saturday. Hoskins' 2 misses were absolutely dreadful.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2019, 10:52:24 am »

How does that work then?

"Well we created enough chances to win 4 games. Swap keepers and we win 3-0."

Shall I explain............

As it stood we were incapable of beating their keeper, he was clearly their match winner, making some superb saves....we could have played another half....

But swap keepers & Cornell would have let in at least 3 goals.

& their keeper, being taller and so much much better on the day, would have probably saved the free ( zone marking problem) header from the corner.
Walsall keeper, Roberts, makes all the difference.

Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2019, 10:53:07 am »

What is obvious is that the “summer clear out” has changed nothing.

We got a keeper in, but a keeper lacking in league experience and not capable of dislodging Cornell, who will continue to be a damaging problem.
We have three good players at centre back who will all want / need to start games, but we do not have the players needed in others positions to effectively play this system.
We have a whole host of players who all need to play in the middle of the park. Far too many options in this area, but most of them pretty average. (Lines and Watson an upgrade on Foley and O’Toole?)
We STILL only have one wide man in the whole club (+ Morgan). At least now the wide man is a quality player.
Only real change for me is that we have a target man up front, which we have lacked for a while. However, this is at the expense of any pace or goal scoring record. Even more worryingly, we started the game with 1 striker on the pitch and still only had Williams as the sole attacking option from the bench.

The outcome, we were beaten by a combination of the only meaningful attempt by the opposition going in and our own inability to convert several good chances. We finished the game with McWilliams at RB, Adams on the left, Goode up front and Hoskins as a winger throughout.

Nothing has changed.

Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2019, 10:55:47 am »

I couldnt care less if they wanted to leave or not . Don’t pay them if they don’t want to be here .

That's the good thing about Brexit isn't it? All the overbearing employment laws over contracts etc. can be ripped up and we can return to the 1800s
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2019, 11:06:01 am »

I'm convinced that Hoskins stays in the team due to his pace, which can help make things happen. However, he's not a winger and I don't understand why KC hasn't brought in another winger when he clearly wants to play two. As far as I can see Adams is the only genuine winger we have. God help us if/when he gets injured.

I'm not convinced his pace is that much of an asset anymore. 2-3 seasons ago it was, but injury and age has taken that edge off his game. I think both Morias and Waters are better technical and more intelligent footballers than Hoskins but I suspect KC doesn't think they have the right 'physical' attributes.

If Hoskins ends up being a regular starter this season I expect us to finish no higher than 10th.

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2019, 11:23:30 am »

Both Morias and Bunney are employed by the club.
They would both add to what we already have and give something different.
They should be part of the set up regardless of their position at the club .

More to the point, having them around the first team helps keep them in the shop window. I've never understood the point of freezing players out, unless they've been a disruptive influence, which doesn't seem to be the case.
Report Spam   Logged
claretarmy

View Profile
Level 5 Search Combination
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2019, 11:46:56 am »

Regarding Bunney, Keith Curle said on Radio Northampton last Thursday that since they met (assuming it was when KC took over or in January), when Keith talked about tearing up his contract so Bunney could head north -that since Bunney has been back for pre-season, there has been no mention of a move away and he has knuckled down. OK, the club have placed him on the transfer list, but unless anything changed from Thursday evening, Bunney appears to want to play for the club, or has had no negative impact on the squad.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2019, 11:59:31 am »

"Well we created enough chances to win 4 games. Swap keepers and we win 3-0."

Shall I explain............

As it stood we were incapable of beating their keeper, he was clearly their match winner, making some superb saves....we could have played another half....

But swap keepers & Cornell would have let in at least 3 goals.

& their keeper, being taller and so much much better on the day, would have probably saved the free ( zone marking problem) header from the corner.
Walsall keeper, Roberts, makes all the difference.

Congratulations for convincingly winning the first prize for the most pointless , ridiculous comment of the new season.
It will take some beating for the esteemed n*b trophy
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2019, 12:22:14 pm »

Regarding Bunney, Keith Curle said on Radio Northampton last Thursday that since they met (assuming it was when KC took over or in January), when Keith talked about tearing up his contract so Bunney could head north -that since Bunney has been back for pre-season, there has been no mention of a move away and he has knuckled down. OK, the club have placed him on the transfer list, but unless anything changed from Thursday evening, Bunney appears to want to play for the club, or has had no negative impact on the squad.

TBH, I thought that Joe Martin was one of our better performers on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: