The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:35:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hopes and expectations for the home grown players

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopes and expectations for the home grown players  (Read 1206 times)
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« on: July 31, 2019, 13:50:42 pm »

Looking at the Squad appraisal and starting line up threads, very few have included any of the youth players that have been bigged up last year.

I would be interested to see what people want and expect from the players this year.

12   MF   Scott Pollock
I would like to see him involved this year , I think he will provide adequate cover for Warburton. Do people see him behind the strikers or a more traditional centre mid ?

15   DF   Jay Williams
Really impressed me last year, I can imagine he will get quite a bit of game time if we do play a number of games with three at the back. Will BDK go with Williams when there are injuries or square pegs in round holes with Martin, Hall-Johnson or Bunney filling in ?

17   MF   Shaun McWilliams
Seems to have lost his way a little in the past season and a half. Does his future lie at RWB or CM ?

22   MF   Morgan Roberts
Not seen enough of him to comment, although from what I have seen he seems very light weight. do people think a Loan would be beneficial or keep as back up ?

24   DF   Ryan Hughes
the one game I saw him play he looked completely out of his depth due to nerves, I would certainly look to loan out for experience.

27   DF   Camron McWilliams
Highly regarded and looked good last preseason, Will he get a look in this year ?

28   MF   Jack Newell
Cant comment myself , another loan ?

37   MF   Sean Whaler
Cant comment myself , another loan ?

38   GK   Bradley Lashley
With stiff competition between Cornell and Arnold, a loan with recall option surely has to be the best for his development.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 15:07:50 pm »

Personally I'd keep Pollock, Williams and McWilliams about the place as squad players and try to loan as many of the rest of them out as possible. That's not to be dismissive of them as I think we've got some real potential there, I just think they'd be better off getting some real, competitive football under their belts than kicking around and waiting for someone to get injured.

It would be great if we could get a few of them into clubs a little higher up the league pyramid than we usually do too (i.e. Conference North or South or the Conference, whatever it's called these days). I think that would provide a decent test of their mettle.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 15:45:52 pm »

It would be great if we could get a few of them into clubs a little higher up the league pyramid than we usually do too (i.e. Conference North or South or the Conference, whatever it's called these days). I think that would provide a decent test of their mettle.

I totally agree, Most of them need game time and I am not sure they will get enough here.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3153

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 16:10:23 pm »

Can someone please inform us who the hell BDK is?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 17:42:52 pm »

Game time is key, was hoping that Jay Williams would get the third CB spot and we could soon work out if he was good enough or not.

I think him, Shaun and Pollock will stay around the squad and the others should all go out on loan barring any injuries.

Whaler is on the way back from a nasty injury, so don't expect him to be going anywhere soon.

Agree that we should try and get them in at a level higher than we normally do if possible, otherwise nothing is really gained.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 17:50:17 pm »

Easily £12 million in future transfer fees and several hundred L/1 ,championship/ premiership appearances amoungst that lot.
Won't be long before the Posh, Hatters, Hornets etc come knocking to make it happen for 2 or 3 of this lot.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 19:39:49 pm »

I think Roberts could be the surprise breakthrough. He has played well in pre season.
Pollock will be a starter by the end of the season too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 15:08:22 pm »

Just googled it, is it to do with this?
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=251723365757706&_rdr
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 15:20:58 pm »

Just googled it, is it to do with this?
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=251723365757706&_rdr
I'm sure I read on here that B is for big, K is for Keith and D is for dick.
Not sure if its that's correct and factual though.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 15:35:58 pm »

all cobblers to me podcast call him big dick Keith I believe  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 15:36:04 pm »

Easily £12 million in future transfer fees and several hundred L/1 ,championship/ premiership appearances amoungst that lot.
Won't be long before the Posh, Hatters, Hornets etc come knocking to make it happen for 2 or 3 of this lot.

Easily £12 million... EASILY?! What are you basing that on? They have made a handful of appearances between them so would love to know how you have made that leap.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3153

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 06:16:41 am »

all cobblers to me podcast call him big dick Keith I believe  Grin Grin
Why?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 07:05:36 am »

Why?

Because he is a big dick or he's got a big dick  Shocked your choice.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2019, 12:23:36 pm »

Has Cameron McWilliams been involved this preseason  ?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2019, 14:09:42 pm »

Easily £12 million... EASILY?! What are you basing that on? They have made a handful of appearances between them so would love to know how you have made that leap.
Not with us and our present set up they won't realise collective future transfer fees of several millions, but probably will after we get a couple of undisclosed  fees of our £200k ceiling.
Several former players have moved on to real progressive  clubs and have collective multi million pound transfer fees to their names.
I know our club have fallen so far behind due to recent regression, but surely we can still produce a few equality players for the benefit of Posh, Luton, Watford etc?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 14:30:25 pm »

Has Cameron McWilliams been involved this preseason  ?

No, I think he's been struggling with injury. Sean Whaler is also working his way back from injury.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: