The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:28:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Nightmare on Edgar Street?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightmare on Edgar Street?  (Read 5531 times)
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2011, 09:49:33 am »

I know this n/a to last nights game but ,I think Tozer and Beckwith know dunny is a scapegoat and like to palm there mistakes off on him , not so much beckwith but tozer makes stupid mistakes then shouts at dun all the time.

I know dunn dosnt come off his line quick enough but how many times in one game does it take to realsie that , if you know he's not gonna come put it out for a throw Or if you cant play a 5 yard pass , dont pass to the keeper

Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2011, 10:01:55 am »

the chron and echo seems to think we played quite well last night

that wasnt the impression this board gives
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2011, 10:38:21 am »

Lol.... with the general positive (not!) attitude towards feedback on here ....does that surprise you mate?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2011, 15:27:16 pm »

When I heard the team before the game I thought it would be like Gillingham all over again but I actually thought we were not too bad and Sammo switched things around very well.
I thought we looked more like a team last night ...... and yes there were downsides ...... Walker (again!) and Davis (showing again he is not a left sided midfielder), but there were some very good strong performances.
The forced swap of Thornton for Walker worked in our favour, and that was the best performance I have seen from Thornton for a long time.
Defensively, we were caught out a couple of times, but overall we looked more of a unit, but the main plus for me was that there was more of an "energy" about the team, especially going forward.
Finally, the deliveries from set pieces were excellent .......... and we would have got a second goal with a bit more fortune.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2011, 17:07:42 pm »

I agree about that Gillingham feeling Macc. I just don't know what to think anymore. Take everything away that has happened and last night was a poor performance against, lets face it, a poor side. It was a terrible 1st half with the defence all over the place. Jonno played right-back in a 4, wing-back in a 5 and centre-half in a 3 all in the first 30 mins!!!

It's what we have become used to. The 2nd half was more end to end and as a spectacle obviously more entertaining. But the basics are still frustratingly amiss. I don't know what has happened to Walker since the Crewe game. Jacobs is such a talent but his decision making is terrible (He will be a good player in time - I know this). Wedderburn got caught in possession countless times. I like Billy as a goal poacher but we just don't play that way. I thought Bayo was excellent for Billy last season and you could see Billy growing in confidence when he was in the box. He has a great turn but he's got nothing to go on at the moment. The distribution from the back 3/4/5 is consistantly awful. Dunn has no-one to throw it to to start something, so hoofs it in hope to holt or whoever.

The talk from Sammo about not compromising our passing game mystifies me. It's as if it's a totally new way of playing that he has just thought of. We pass well when he's got the tactics right and we don't when he's got it wrong. It makes me question my own sanity when he does his post match interview. Am I supposed to go 'Oh right, yeah I understand why you did that.'

And did Kevin Thornton really change the game last night?  He's great when we are in control, his quality shines. but in terms of defending from the front it's like being a man short. And why do we give him balls to run onto. Bayo would lap him in a 100 metres race.

These feelings will subside come saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2011, 18:08:23 pm »

Time to dispel this one.  According to a very good source, Osman was on the verge of a move to our old friends Motherwell during the transfer window, but the deal collapsed after he failed a medical.  I was also told why - such is the nature of the problem it's unlikely anyone will take him on.  That's not to say they wouldn't, but a case of caveat emptor.   I know this contradicts some of the statements made in the Chron, but the source has been impeccable in the past. 

Happy to take your word on that - But for me and as already pointed out, he only arrived here on the back of a failed medical, and i think given his much improved performances for us this year, it can only have alerted other clubs and not least the added incentive of being out of contract at the end of the season.

It's always a risk taking on a player with a history of failed medicals (obviously goes without saying), but as an example in the case of Ricardo Fuller, i remember Harry Redknapp trying to sign him at Portsmouth but he too hit medical problems, eventually they worked something out and got the deal done. he's since gone on to prove his fitness most importantly on the pitch (Osman too) which has lead to a consistent career at Premiership level.

I certainly hope Osman does stay, only i'm not sure a medical issue would prove to be the final say (stumbling block) in getting deal done elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2011, 18:30:03 pm »

I agree about that Gillingham feeling Macc. I just don't know what to think anymore. Take everything away that has happened and last night was a poor performance against, lets face it, a poor side. It was a terrible 1st half with the defence all over the place. Jonno played right-back in a 4, wing-back in a 5 and centre-half in a 3 all in the first 30 mins!!!

It's what we have become used to. The 2nd half was more end to end and as a spectacle obviously more entertaining. But the basics are still frustratingly amiss. I don't know what has happened to Walker since the Crewe game. Jacobs is such a talent but his decision making is terrible (He will be a good player in time - I know this). Wedderburn got caught in possession countless times. I like Billy as a goal poacher but we just don't play that way. I thought Bayo was excellent for Billy last season and you could see Billy growing in confidence when he was in the box. He has a great turn but he's got nothing to go on at the moment. The distribution from the back 3/4/5 is consistantly awful. Dunn has no-one to throw it to to start something, so hoofs it in hope to holt or whoever.

The talk from Sammo about not compromising our passing game mystifies me. It's as if it's a totally new way of playing that he has just thought of. We pass well when he's got the tactics right and we don't when he's got it wrong. It makes me question my own sanity when he does his post match interview. Am I supposed to go 'Oh right, yeah I understand why you did that.'

And did Kevin Thornton really change the game last night?  He's great when we are in control, his quality shines. but in terms of defending from the front it's like being a man short. And why do we give him balls to run onto. Bayo would lap him in a 100 metres race.

I think you better have some of my Paddy love on saturday, there you go, you're feeling better already aren't you...
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2011, 18:37:38 pm »

So can I conclude...NTFC, like the Battleship Bismark back in 1941, after being torpedoed...a potentially dangerous and formidable unit...but floating aimlessly..and totally rudderless? Shocked

By the way..does anyone know how many games Gilly has to get under his belt before he qualifies for being a legend?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 18:40:55 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2011, 19:19:38 pm »

At the risk of sounding like Marvo, how on earth is Edgar Street a tough place to go? How did you form that opinion?! They've won twice at home in the league all season, and one of those was against Stockport!

To be brutally honest Tyler, reading your recent posts, you are the new Marvo. He's lost his cutting edge  Tongue and sadly appears to have mellowed in recent weeks. I think it's down to age  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2011, 19:25:21 pm »

To be brutally honest Tyler, reading your recent posts, you are the new Marvo. He's lost his cutting edge  Tongue and sadly appears to have mellowed in recent weeks. I think it's down to age  Wink

Oh dear Sad

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2011, 19:38:35 pm »

I think you better have some of my Paddy love on saturday, there you go, you're feeling better already aren't you...

Hey, let the bees see the knees  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2011, 19:54:08 pm »

It is cockles on saturday too  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2011, 20:03:48 pm »

It is cockles on saturday too  Smiley

cock all more like
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2011, 02:35:18 am »

6. LINK
WOW I can't believe we've been invited to the inner sanctum at stat HQ
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2011, 14:38:40 pm »

I don't think he will since 100M races aren't run in laps, but I would still like those to to do the 100M
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
auntie

« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2011, 16:34:44 pm »

I don't think he will since 100M races aren't run in laps, but I would still like those to to do the 100M

what?!
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2011, 16:38:30 pm »

He was calling you a fairy Auntie, i wouldn't stand for it in the work place.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2011, 17:06:29 pm »

I thought I had already bagged Tyler as the next Tyro  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
auntie

« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2011, 18:49:10 pm »

this is what happens @ half-term...bloody kids (and tyro). I wonder if tyro has tugged the FBI, CIA and MI5 internet monitors? Hmn...are we colluding? I am a fairy. 
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2011, 19:36:11 pm »

Happy to take your word on that - But for me and as already pointed out, he only arrived here on the back of a failed medical, and i think given his much improved performances for us this year, it can only have alerted other clubs and not least the added incentive of being out of contract at the end of the season.

It's always a risk taking on a player with a history of failed medicals (obviously goes without saying), but as an example in the case of Ricardo Fuller, i remember Harry Redknapp trying to sign him at Portsmouth but he too hit medical problems, eventually they worked something out and got the deal done. he's since gone on to prove his fitness most importantly on the pitch (Osman too) which has lead to a consistent career at Premiership level.

I certainly hope Osman does stay, only i'm not sure a medical issue would prove to be the final say (stumbling block) in getting deal done elsewhere.

If Osman has a medical condition that has prevented him from moving in the past, how come he's played nearly 100 games for us in the last 2 1/2 years. Come on Insider, what's his supposed medical issue? Is he a hermaphrodite or something  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: