The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:03:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Macc Town 17/8/19

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macc Town 17/8/19  (Read 8367 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2019, 16:46:01 pm »

It's fine lines and if Williams hadn't missed one of the simplest chances he's ever going to get we would be talking about 'winning ugly' and all that.
Of course, we should have comfortably rolled them over but they've had a decent start to the season with a good 3-0 against Orient. We should know above most others that off-field antics don't necessarily affect performances.
At least we've got a chance to put things right on Tuesday. It's a good test for us, Swindon have had a flying start so a decent game will get all back on side.
UTC

Indeed if only - having seen a lot of Williams last season am unimpressed. Still if he scores the winner at Swindon he will be a hero to the next game!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2019, 17:27:07 pm »

One thing I noticed yesterday, and it was the same against Walsall, we don't have any ball boys behind either goal. I can understand not having any in front of the Walsall mob but yesterday was different, but with no ball boys the opposition keepers can take as long as they want with goal kicks and they have done in both games.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2019, 17:53:25 pm »

This is a question for anyone, Deepcut might be the man to answer it. What is the law nowadays with the keeper handling a back pass like the Macc keeper yesterday? Also what has replaced the 6 second rule for keepers ?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2019, 18:22:42 pm »

This is a question for anyone, Deepcut might be the man to answer it. What is the law nowadays with the keeper handling a back pass like the Macc keeper yesterday? Also what has replaced the 6 second rule for keepers ?

Wasn't there so didn't see the 'back pass'?
6 second rule is very rarely enforced, unless the keeper in the officials opinion is taking the p1ss...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2019, 18:24:40 pm »

See section  It is described in Law 12, Section 2 of the Laws of the Game.

am no expert but

From Wiki
:

Goalkeepers are normally allowed to handle the ball within their own penalty area, and once they have control of the ball in their hands opposition players may not challenge them for it. However the back-pass rule prohibits goalkeepers from handling the ball after it has been deliberately kicked to them by a team-mate, or after receiving it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate.[1] Back-passes with parts of the body other than the foot, such as headers, are allowed. Despite the popular name "back-pass rule", there is no requirement in the laws that the kick or throw-in must be backwards; handling by the goalkeeper is forbidden regardless of the direction the ball travels.

The penalty for the offence is an indirect free kick. This is awarded from the position where the handling occurred, unless it is within the 6-yard goal area, in which the kick is taken from the point on the 6-yard line closest to the point of the offence.

Tricks to circumvent the rule
Goalkeepers are allowed to handle the ball if the ball is played back to them by an action other than a kick or throw-in (such as a header), but defenders are not permitted to attempt to use a deliberate trick to pass the ball to the goalkeeper with a part of the body other than the foot to circumvent the rule. This would include flicking the ball up with the foot and then heading the ball back to the goalkeeper, or heading a ball on the ground that would otherwise be regularly playable with the foot.

If a player uses such a trick, they are cautioned for unsporting behaviour, and the opponents are awarded an indirect free kick from where the trick was performed. It is irrelevant as to whether the goalkeeper subsequently handles the ball or not.[2][3]
Almost all associations agree that the rule was not meant to be strictly reinforced, and as long as the referee deems that the goalkeeper is making a sincere effort to release the ball, there is no need to strictly enforce the 6 second rule.

6 Second Rule :

Actual Rule:   a goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds.”

Almost all associations agree that the rule was not meant to be strictly reinforced, and as long as the referee deems that the goalkeeper is making a sincere effort to release the ball, there is no need to strictly enforce the 6 second rule.

Having seen Smith and Cornell  taking all day to release the ball it is clearly not strictly reinforced apart from repeated warnings and the occasional YC.

As I previously suggested not an expert so others with more refined expertise may point the way!
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2019, 19:05:43 pm »

That's interesting, so we should have had a free kick on the 6 yard box for the back pass not a corner. I'm amazed that the 6 second rule is still on the rule book, the Macc keeper was regularly holding the ball for 15 seconds, so I thought it must have been changed.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2019, 19:16:07 pm »

I thought Oliver looked the pick of the bunch in pre-season too so I hope he gets a shot next game, and that I dont end up eating these words. Will at least allow us a chance of doing something with corners and Adam's crosses.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2019, 09:57:48 am »

You are once again offering no constructive advice what is to be done! You seem bent on dropping players and not really replacing them. Waters replacement for whom? Williams appalling miss yesterday sums him up - a 10 goal merchant at best with no L2 club making an effort to sign him. I don’t believe Oliver is any better than Smith. What tactics would you suggest for Swindon, team selection let alone tactics?

You absolute Hypocrite, that is the exactly the kind of comment that you label as unwarranted personal abuse when others say it.

The miss yesterday sums him up? I'm pulling you up on that Evers, because it is a case in point of your hypocrisy. When I (and others) post criticism of certain players you accuse them (directly or indirectly) of giving players 'abuse'.

What sort of comment is that about Williams? How does yesterday's miss 'sum him up'? Does he regularly miss open goals? Yesterday was his first appearance in the league - he got 25 minutes. Yes, he missed badly, and I'm sure he knows that. But he still was unlucky not to score shortly afterwards, from a position that was not easy by any means, and only an excellent save from their 'keeper stopped that happening.

You think Williams is a '10 goal a season merchant'. Evers, he scored 13 last season in 39 league appearances, a 1 in 3 strike rate. He played exactly 2400 minutes. That's a ratio of 1 goal a shade over 180 minutes, 1 goal every 2 full matches.

He's probably the most natural goalscorer we have with Morias not too far behind. I agree with those who felt Oliver looked promising yesterday. Two of those three should be starting next week IMO.

Clarence then takes the time to point out to why your comment is unwarranted and you accuse him of being the troll

I will reply but like Boots am very unwilling to enter into any kind of dialogue with an unreliable source who is now exhibiting troll like symptoms.

There is only one troll on this forum evers, and everyone except you, can see that it is you.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2019, 10:15:03 am »

You absolute Hypocrite, that is the exactly the kind of comment that you label as unwarranted personal.

No it isn’t it’s hardly verbal ‘abuse’ but an opinion in fact typical comment on here!

There is only one troll on this forum evers, and everyone except you, can see that it is you.

That last comment made me chuckle! Keep taking the tablets!
Report Spam   Logged

rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2019, 10:25:40 am »

That last comment made me chuckle! Keep taking the tablets!

Thanks for proving my point, troll.

That's twice in the last week that you have mocked people, referring to their mental health. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Maybe you should educate yourself:

https://www.mind.org.uk/
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2019, 10:28:41 am »

Shocking statement Evers you should be ashamed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2019, 10:29:58 am »

That's twice in the last week that you have mocked people, referring to their mental health. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Maybe you should educate yourself:

In his defence he has mocked an opinion, that,s no different to saying Keith Curle must be crazy to keep picking a particular player.

He has hardly made personal comments regarding someones mental health.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2019, 10:35:29 am »

Ok will not respond any more to your personal attacks. Can we just keep it to football? Pretty sure that our
POV are boring, in fact been told very boring. All the best and keep yr knickers on!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2019, 10:40:42 am »

Shocking statement Evers you should be ashamed.

Et tu Brute Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest3293

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2019, 10:48:16 am »

Everbrite I'm relatively new here but it seems to me that you are a child, go out and enjoy your school holidays.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2019, 11:09:15 am »

Et tu Brute Wink
Ahhhh I loved our Latin classes together at Eaton.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2019, 11:17:36 am »

Everbrite I'm relatively new here but it seems to me that you are a child, go out and enjoy your school holidays.
Theres no chance of him leaving his laptop/phone behind, to go out and play. 13628 (4.030 per day) posts proves that.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2019, 13:32:37 pm »

I know it is still very early in the season, we have many new players and a bedding in period will be necessary but we should not be losing at home to poor teams such as Macclesfield.
If Williams had scored we would not have still been chasing a winner late in the game and would hopefully have seen out a 2-1 victory. Everyone would have been a little happier but it would not have masked our deficiences.
On saturday it appeared we only had one plan. Get the ball out wide to Adams and get a cross into the box.In this situation i would rather have Richards or Revell trying to win the header than Smith and believe either would convert more into goals. Not surprisingly Adams was often double marked and suffered an off day with his crossing. In the first half there was only 1 or 2 players in the box for a cross and any headers won went either wide or over (we did appear to try to get more players into the box during the second half).Also our build up play was woefully slow.
In 3 league games we have scored 2 goals, both from corners although we should have had another from Adam's free kick. Set plays appear to be our only threat as we have created very little from open play.
Our only recognised goal scorer in the starting 11 was Warburton albeit at 2 levels lower and he will need time to adjust to div.2. So where are the goals coming from? none of our midfield players have ever been known as goal scorers.Also when we lump the ball forward to Smith to win in the air we rarely win the second ball and nobody seems to make forward runs in advance of him.
Due to McWilliams and Watson having good games at Swansea there was no place for Lines who can pick a pass but if nobody is making through runs his only option is to play it out wide.
Smith was rightfully withdrawn at half time we did look a little brighter with Oliver and Williams in attack but I believe it was Morias who caused more problems for the Macclesfield defence when he came on. I know that Daniel Powell divided opinion but so far he has not been replaced and we do not have a left sided attacking option and miss his driving runs and when he was played centrally he caused problems by running at the opposing defence. We also need another nippy striker.
Again it is early days but so far both full backs have failed to convince and I don't think Bunney is the answer. Full back has been a problem for several seasons and we have never satisfactorily replaced Brendan Maloney, the one decent full back we had since was Eardley on loan when both Brendan and Phillips were injured but we did not sign him as we had 2 contracted right backs and look how well Eardley has since done.
I would not be surprised to see us go back to 3 central defenders and wing backs on tuesday but I hope that either Williams or Oliver start and we see more of Morias.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2019, 15:20:48 pm »

Spot on Mr OAP agree with all of that, shame Curle can’t.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2019, 16:33:36 pm »

Ok will not respond any more to your personal attacks. Can we just keep it to football? Pretty sure that our
POV are boring, in fact been told very boring. All the best and keep yr knickers on!
C or C- then?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: