The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:50:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Vote: Curle In or Curle Out

Poll
Question: Do you have confidence in Keith Curle as the manager of Northampton Town FC?  (Voting closed: August 20, 2019, 19:17:31 pm)
Yes- Curle In - 34 (43%)
No- Curle Out - 32 (40.5%)
Unsure - 13 (16.5%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote: Curle In or Curle Out  (Read 19400 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2019, 16:28:23 pm »

you were saying?

Do you sit by your radio hoping we lose just to try and prove a point?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2019, 17:23:46 pm »

So last season was dire but as much expressed no Keith Curle’s team so some quarter given - but having seen 4 out of 6 games this season I’m completely disillusioned with the unimaginative football we are playing - most of the new signings desperately uninspiring and all this talk of effort, fighters and winners currently seem laughable.

Chris Wilder had a very poor run with us but you could see what he was trying to do albeit missing at that time some key players - Curle on the other hand will it seems play the same way even with a Man City IX  - remember this is a man who has failed to achieve a promotion in 17 seasons as a manager.

I absolutely don’t know the answer to the NTFC problem but I’m pretty certain Keith Curle is not the solution
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2019, 18:10:17 pm »

So last season was dire but as much expressed no Keith Curle’s team so some quarter given - but having seen 4 out of 6 games this season I’m completely disillusioned with the unimaginative football we are playing - most of the new signings desperately uninspiring and all this talk of effort, fighters and winners currently seem laughable.

Chris Wilder had a very poor run with us but you could see what he was trying to do albeit missing at that time some key players - Curle on the other hand will it seems play the same way even with a Man City IX  - remember this is a man who has failed to achieve a promotion in 17 seasons as a manager.

I absolutely don’t know the answer to the NTFC problem but I’m pretty certain Keith Curle is not the solution

I agree, 100%.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2019, 18:29:43 pm »

Im still backing him.

I went yesterday. It was proper dross. He will know thats not acceptable, I think its clear to him and Thomas that we need creative reinforcements before the deadline.

Nothing else to add.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2019, 18:31:40 pm »

I think the question is "Can Curle keep us in League 2 ?", if he can, I think we will be stuck with him this season as KT won't want to pay off yet another manager. But what happens at the end of the season when his contract runs out, surely he won't be offered another and then we are at the mercy of KT to appoint another manager, with a not brilliant record of doing so.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2019, 18:45:27 pm »

I think the question is "Can Curle keep us in League 2 ?", if he can, I think we will be stuck with him this season as KT won't want to pay off yet another manager. But what happens at the end of the season when his contract runs out, surely he won't be offered another and then we are at the mercy of KT to appoint another manager, with a not brilliant record of doing so.
[/quote

Sign a decent left winger and another forward, we will be fine. Under Curle.

If we don't then we will struggle big time. Curle or someone else. Thats how I see it. Simples!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2019, 19:51:10 pm »

Spot on. Same remit as Page had only difference being the division.
Keep us in it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2019, 20:18:11 pm »

Im still backing him.

I went yesterday. It was proper dross. He will know thats not acceptable, I think its clear to him and Thomas that we need creative reinforcements before the deadline.

Nothing else to add.

Reasonable but I disagree - yes there are some clear gaps but Curles attempt to replace gaps/replace with better has been dire - whilst I accept Buchs for example had lost half a yard but can anyone honestly say our defence on the flanks has improved?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2019, 21:07:24 pm »

I have heard he has 2 games
I’m afraid our man is on borrowed time
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2019, 21:14:05 pm »

Is that arsenal under 23’s and Plymouth or Plymouth and Bradford (in all seriousness if you are right he couldn’t have 2 harder games - and then Newport)?!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2019, 08:02:56 am »

good

only worry is we win them both.....................and then go back to our current form!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2019, 09:04:45 am »

Is that arsenal under 23’s and Plymouth or Plymouth and Bradford (in all seriousness if you are right he couldn’t have 2 harder games - and then Newport)?!
League games .
Curle is doing himself no favours within the club either .
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2019, 09:06:44 am »

I have heard the same and deservedly so. The phrase “lost the dressing room has been mentioned”.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2019, 09:32:04 am »

I have heard the same and deservedly so. The phrase “lost the dressing room has been mentioned”.

How the hell have we got into this position again - I thought half the new signings came in proclaiming how they love working with KC, that was only 4 or 5 weeks ago?! If this 2 game ultimatum is true there’s no way on earth we’re getting anything against Plymouth and very unlikely to get anything at Bradford so what’s the point - just pull the trigger now if that’s the case. It also has implications on any additions before the deadline - why would you give KC more funds if it’s highly unlikely that he’s still going to be here in 2 weeks?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2019, 09:45:35 am »

How the hell have we got into this position again - I thought half the new signings came in proclaiming how they love working with KC, that was only 4 or 5 weeks ago?! If this 2 game ultimatum is true there’s no way on earth we’re getting anything against Plymouth and very unlikely to get anything at Bradford so what’s the point - just pull the trigger now if that’s the case. It also has implications on any additions before the deadline - why would you give KC more funds if it’s highly unlikely that he’s still going to be here in 2 weeks?

correct - if he has lost the dressing room and the players know that he can be gone with 2 defeats then we all know what is coming!

professionalism will sadly go out the window as it has many times before.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2019, 09:49:40 am »

Maybe it’s not KC who will choose the new players, mind you the fact we need a left winger and goal scorer both with pace isn’t exactly rocket science is it, maybe self proclaimed “football man” KT already has his new man.
KC is clueless he sold one of his best players, constantly tinkers with the team, buys footballers in Lines and Adams and then plays hoof ball to smith. The football is dire boring and predictable he needs to go.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest1269

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2019, 10:11:32 am »

Maybe it’s not KC who will choose the new players, mind you the fact we need a left winger and goal scorer both with pace isn’t exactly rocket science is it, maybe self proclaimed “football man” KT already has his new man.
KC is clueless he sold one of his best players, constantly tinkers with the team, buys footballers in Lines and Adams and then plays hoof ball to smith. The football is dire boring and predictable he needs to go.

I know it's repetition but simply look at his record - no promotions in 17 years of management - most clubs, however poor seem to manage a promotion season at least once every 10 years. I was absolutely prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt last season but here and now its not even the results but the manner in which they have come about - we are truly awful and for me it's not down to the players, KT, the unfinished East stand, Brexit, Trump etc etc - one person has to take responsibility and that is Keith Curle.
I'm still amazed people think a couple of decent signings will change everything - they simply won't because Curle has a simplistic restrictive approach to tactics coupled with blind loyalty to some players allied to seemingly disrespect of others (I suspect those that have superior knowledge to him) - I guess some will leap on this comment and quote his playing career at a top level but good players do not automatically make good managers.
He will be gone by the end of the season but hopefully not taking us with him - the last 3 games (yes even in spite of the 3 points at Swindon) we look relegation fodder.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2019, 12:21:03 pm »

How do you know he's only got 2 games? Are you friends with Thomas? Or are you being mischievous.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2019, 12:24:03 pm »

How do you know he's only got 2 games? Are you friends with Thomas? Or are you being mischievous.
He could be friends with Curle.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2019, 12:30:12 pm »

Well the transfer deadline is, what, a week away?

It would make absolutely zero sense to give him 2 games, then sack him, and we are left high and dry until January with regards to any transfer dealings.

He's either sacked now, or its business as usual. Get a couple of additions in (we currently only have 20 senior players, 3 of which are goal keepers), and hope that things improve.

Without having any inside knowledge, I'm still firmly behind KC, despite us looking useless. I just cant get NTFC 1 Dagenham 2 out of my head, which was the 6th game of our championship winning season. IF we were to beat Plymouth next week, we'd have the same record after 6 games as we did then. That Dagenham game was one of the most woeful performances I've ever seen from a Cobblers side, but we all know what happened afterwards.

On a positive, we look totally solid. 5 games in, w'eve only conceded (I think) 1 goal from open play, and the zonal marking has vastly improved this week when we are defending set pieces. Obviously its going forward where the problems lie, not helped by the fact we have 3 strikers whom have very similar attributes. And Hoskins.

Curle dumped plan A to quick, which was to have Warburton as the deeper forward. He needs to revert back to that in the next game because having 2 lumps up top is not effectively, and its horrible to watch. Against Walsall, we looked close to being a decent team. I didn't see us v Port Vale or Macclesfield, but obviously followed them closely. The last two games, we've not created anything of note, Adams has been crap, and there's zero creativity coming down the left or through the middle. Its not rocket science. The squad is decent on paper minus a left winger and a goal scorer. Its weird that 5 games in, we are not seeing those spaces filled. Has the money ran out?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: