The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:38:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Col U (a) 24/08

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Col U (a) 24/08  (Read 7773 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2019, 16:47:46 pm »

This is the problem with having a negative manager. Occasionally you will sh*t house an away win like we did on Tuesday and they get away with it.

When they don't get results, it's terrible. Lose to Plymouth and Bradford, 4 points from 7 and I'd say that is Curletains. See what I did there?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2019, 16:53:55 pm »

Curle may be running out of road but if only for financial reasons not for a while.  We have endured 11 months of dull football served up by a dull manager and that on top of what went before him for 3 seasons.  However, the thought of football man Thomas appointing another manager fills me with dread. 

The footballing equivalent of insanity is KT doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2019, 17:33:50 pm »

About as badly as it can be! MField was bad but this was worse. All new signings very poor. Williams just went awol and Smith little better. Adams main threat but not direct most of his ‘centres ‘ over hit. Lines non existent!. What on earth happened to the side from last Tuesday? Team booed off.

Given that you normally find some positives, this is a very telling report....
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2019, 18:10:51 pm »

Given that you normally find some positives, this is a very telling report....

Still won’t sack him tho’; certainly not in September. Totally fed up with that display. Cornell mom for me
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2019, 18:17:50 pm »

I know last season form shouldn't totally come into play, but since we beat Newport at home making that four wins in a row, we've played 14 league games. We've won 3, drawn 5 and lost 6. There isn't really any excuse for this poor start because Curle identified his targets and signed the bulk of them very early in the summer. I'd be stunned if he lasts to the end of September if things don't improve sharpish.
Report Spam   Logged

ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2019, 18:22:11 pm »

Rubbish. No threat.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2019, 18:23:37 pm »

Still won’t sack him tho’; certainly not in September. Totally fed up with that display. Cornell mom for me
Just how bad was it?
And my staircase fitted. Just. With some bricks taken out.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2019, 18:28:40 pm »

It really was much the same really, boring, negative football relying on a set piece, although they were awful or a mistake. We never ever have a spell of pressure, or will , set up to play like this. The rubbish about playing attractive football in the opposition half, is so far from the truth. We need someone like their number 7 , who runs with the ball and creates chances. It’s no fluke Colchester have had a few penalties already, we never will if we don’t get anywhere near the box. Only Cornell,Goode, Watson and Turnbull any good today , the rest just average.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2019, 19:23:37 pm »

Everbrite, as I said before the season started having watched some of the friendlies, I couldn’t see us scoring many goals and so it has come to pass. We didn’t play that well on Tuesday evening, we just got very lucky. Curle is far too negative, even the players post match were referring to a 0-0 result. I think he has signed aging players who are at the end of their careers and really fear this will be there Year we go out of the Lesgue, can see us getting anything from the next 2 home games and could be bottom by then!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2019, 20:03:17 pm »

Curle is a very poor manager. If most of us are being honest I think we knew that. Today was awful but I think it was inevitable. The midweek result was lucky beyond measure and I really think has used up our luck. Unfortunately the club is in an awful state and the only plus is that only one will be relegated this season. I wish I could find some optimism but Curle has brought in dross.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2019, 20:40:07 pm »

The writing has been on the wall for so long now.
There was no progression whatsoever last season and Curle hid behind players’ perceived failings .
This season is even worst with his own players . There are winners in that dressing room but Curle isn’t one of them. Those individuals may have a say on what is going on here .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2019, 21:04:21 pm »

As everyone is saying the most worrying thing is that we’re not even creating clear cut chances - our one and only tactic is to give it to Adams but he is looking totally out of form/frustrated.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2019, 21:35:39 pm »

We need a settled side with players in their preferred positions. Injuries piling up already not helping. Having said that we lack creativity and forward power within the squad. It's tough to keep trying to grind out results.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2019, 23:35:48 pm »

Give kc a chance with his his team he has bought in. People were on wilders case to start with. New season new team maybe the same outcome for now but we not even out of august and people want kc out
Report Spam   Logged
Why?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2019, 23:47:18 pm »

We are without McCormack, who would make us 100% more effective (his ability to read the game, and make a tackle to turn defence into attack is priceless).

Slotting Turnbull in that hole is almost as good.  Just a shame that he is now back in the Centre-back slot following Wharton's injury (Wharton is surely good enough to be in Blackburn's match-day squad.... we are really lucky to have him here).

So, the only player we need to add to the squad is a competent, street-wise centre-back.  Then, Turnbull/McCormack in front of the defence, and we are going to romp this division.

Remember, we only lost away 1-0 (to a pen) to a team that beat us 0-4 at home just a few months back.

That is good progress!

PS:  I really despair at how little the posters on here actually know about playing the game of football.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2019, 00:04:02 am »

I remember a few years back going to Carlisle with Wilders Cobblers and Curles comments about how ‘he didn’t know how Northampton were top of the league’.......that at a time we were playing quick, attacking and expansive football.

That should have told you all you needed to know about Curle!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Why?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2019, 00:46:37 am »

I remember a few years back going to Carlisle with Wilders Cobblers and Curles comments about how ‘he didn’t know how Northampton were top of the league’.......that at a time we were playing quick, attacking and expansive football.

That should have told you all you needed to know about Curle!!

You believe everything that every football manager says?

I have a once-in-life-time chance for you to buy these magic bean seeds.  You'll never look back.  Guaranteed £1M profit within 1 week, if you'll just buy them for £10.....  I desperately need £10.  Please buy now, else, I'll sell them for £20 to young Jack.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2019, 01:28:23 am »

You believe everything that every football manager says?

I have a once-in-life-time chance for you to buy these magic bean seeds.  You'll never look back.  Guaranteed £1M profit within 1 week, if you'll just buy them for £10.....  I desperately need £10.  Please buy now, else, I'll sell them for £20 to young Jack.

What are you babbling on about child??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2019, 02:17:29 am »

We are without McCormack, who would make us 100% more effective (his ability to read the game, and make a tackle to turn defence into attack is priceless).

Slotting Turnbull in that hole is almost as good.  Just a shame that he is now back in the Centre-back slot following Wharton's injury (Wharton is surely good enough to be in Blackburn's match-day squad.... we are really lucky to have him here).

So, the only player we need to add to the squad is a competent, street-wise centre-back.  Then, Turnbull/McCormack in front of the defence, and we are going to romp this division.

Remember, we only lost away 1-0 (to a pen) to a team that beat us 0-4 at home just a few months back.

That is good progress!

PS:  I really despair at how little the posters on here actually know about playing the game of football.

and how much do you know about playing the game of football ? Do u go home and away games no so pipe down
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2019, 06:45:59 am »

That is good progress!

So are you saying that when McCormack or Wharton comes back that is going to resolve all of the issues we have with a complete lack of creativity or goals? I hate to be one of “those guys” and I know that others are equally or more culpable but when Hoskins becomes pretty much the first name on the teamsheet you know you’ve got problems. As I see it KT has 2 options - he either gives KC the opportunity to bring more in (probably wouldn’t be massively popular with most fans particularly when he’s got rid of morias) or he gives him an amount of games and pulls the trigger. At the minute I’m not getting angry or frustrated anymore, there’s just a feeling of apathy and acceptance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:58:58 am by Irchy cob » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: