The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:47:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Col U (a) 24/08

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Col U (a) 24/08  (Read 7766 times)
NTFC87

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2019, 22:07:12 pm »

In all seriousness I don't think Drilling was suggesting the 3 saves by Cornell automatically meant he could hold his own in a promotion side - simply he did what was required of him in one game so clearly if he reproduces that form in the majority of games he could be number one in a promotion side - so as you rightly say it's all about context  Wink

My frustration is we look a million mile away from a promotion side and as oft repeated here Cornell may not be the best keeper in the division but way down on our list of issues to resolve.
cornell done that week in week out last season and has don it again so far this season but people are still on his back not the strikers
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2019, 07:08:38 am »

Looks like Bolton may well be kicked out of the league too, so no teams from L2 would be relegated if they and Bury don't survive the end of the week. Safe for another year...

If that happens, 2 will be relegated from L1...4 up from L2 as usual and 2 down from L2.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2019, 07:25:37 am »

From what I am hearing , there are some serious underlying problems surrounding the management of this club .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2019, 07:29:59 am »

From what I am hearing , there are some serious underlying problems surrounding the management of this club .

Do you mean team management or club management (to be fair probably both) - are we going to be the next Bolton/bury?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2019, 08:01:41 am »

Do you mean team management or club management (to be fair probably both) - are we going to be the next Bolton/bury?
No , the playing side of the club .
I am told it’s embarrassing the way it is being run
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2019, 08:28:10 am »

If that happens, 2 will be relegated from L1...4 up from L2 as usual and 2 down from L2.

That leaves us 2 short.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2019, 08:39:23 am »

That leaves us 2 short.

Grin. If correct
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2019, 09:42:00 am »

I'm pretty sure I read on the BBC that if Bury or Bolton go under there will be less relegations from League 2.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2019, 09:45:11 am »

I'm pretty sure I read on the BBC that if Bury or Bolton go under there will be less relegations from League 2.

There is actual a statement from the FL (couldn't find the link) but you are correct - if one club is expelled only one relegation place and if two go no relegation from L2.

Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »

No , the playing side of the club .
I am told it’s embarrassing the way it is being run
I was told KC was eating in hospitality before the Macclesfield game! Surely he needs to be with the players not the punters pre match. This is only anecdotal so happy to be corrected.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2019, 13:01:56 pm »

I was told KC was eating in hospitality before the Macclesfield game! Surely he needs to be with the players not the punters pre match. This is only anecdotal so happy to be corrected.

he does it most home games
Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2019, 13:26:01 pm »

Right, haven't commented for a while but my thoughts on Saturday, which probably echo everyone else.

Bunney is not good enough, Mcwilliams is not a Full Back. We cant rely on Goode's blocks and Cornell's saves. Which makes me wonder why we didn't get decent cover in either full back position.

We seemed happy to pass the ball around our own back four and back to keeper, Col U let us as they knew we couldn't pass the ball on the floor up the pitch and just hoofed it instead.
Oliver is terrible.
Hoskins- I have defended but was shocking at Col U.
Lines - Couldn't find a Cobblers player with any pass, but moaned about the ball passing him by.
Adams - Not being used the right way, he doesn't have blistering pass or silky skills, he is just good a beating a man and crossing in the right position, get him there. He spent more helping mcwilliams and then have to carry the ball 30 - 40 yards. He is 30 something and it was roasting.

I get that we are using a target man and we get the ball forward too him but there are easier ways, the amount of fans moaning at the minute that we are playing Hoofball, but then moan when we pass it around that they want it lumped forward.

This is all because of Curles negative slow tactics, Col U were so much faster at getting the ball forward into dangerous areas either running, passing it or hoofing, we just laboured in every area, and didn't seem to have any go allowing them to get back close down and make it look easy.

Col U were not that good, which is worrying as this must make us terrible.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2019, 13:31:31 pm »

He was in the bar and bought a round of drinks too.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2019, 15:37:11 pm »

Was he pissed as a fart?

Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2019, 15:46:23 pm »

Was he pissed as a fart?

Interesting old saying but doesn’t really make much sense
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2019, 17:11:08 pm »

Interesting old saying but doesn’t really make much sense

Yeah - don't be common and rude SOG Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2019, 21:04:18 pm »

Right, haven't commented for a while but my thoughts on Saturday, which probably echo everyone else...........................

Good assessment but disagree on (a not totally fit) Oliver who for me wins more balls and overall looks more dangerous than Smith.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2019, 21:21:39 pm »

Kevin Wilson used to do that when he was manager. He guided us to a promotion. So it was good management when he did it.
Report Spam   Logged
Why?

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2019, 22:00:43 pm »

We are without McCormack, who would make us 100% more effective (his ability to read the game, and make a tackle to turn defence into attack is priceless).

Slotting Turnbull in that hole is almost as good.  Just a shame that he is now back in the Centre-back slot following Wharton's injury (Wharton is surely good enough to be in Blackburn's match-day squad.... we are really lucky to have him here).

So, the only player we need to add to the squad is a competent, street-wise centre-back.  Then, Turnbull/McCormack in front of the defence, and we are going to romp this division.

Remember, we only lost away 1-0 (to a pen) to a team that beat us 0-4 at home just a few months back.

That is good progress!

PS:  I really despair at how little the posters on here actually know about playing the game of football.

Please shoot me if this prediction fails.....  (provided McCormack stays fit & Wharton is not recalled).
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2019, 21:25:13 pm »

It's interesting looking back at the comments from back then, or after any defeat. The negativity is rife. Generalisations are made. It's the end of the world, sack 'em all. Now,positivity is coming back, still only faint praise from some, and some probably still wishing KC fails.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: