The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:20:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Stevenage away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stevenage away  (Read 7443 times)
sixfields starling

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2019, 21:05:52 pm »

Excellent win, played a lot better in the second half , pity about the sending off as was starting to knock the ball about. Goode my MOM again , absolutely immense, roll on Saturday now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 21:07:41 pm by sixfields starling » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2019, 21:12:29 pm »

Looked like a fair challenge to me but what do I know.

Two homer yellows - only booked two of them
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2019, 21:31:44 pm »

Great win if not a great spectacle. Dug deep to hang on. Breakspear should be banned from Reffing us. In fact ban him from Reffing.
After beating teams in the top two when we played them it's nice to beat a lowly team now. Roll on Satdee and keep the run going.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2019, 22:06:35 pm »

Filled my pants there, has anyone got a mop? Still a wins a win. Sorry about the tip Baldy, it’s not my fault, blame that scouse cnnt Acorah!

Are you sure you haven't been taking lessons in fortune telling from Derek Asamoah by mistake?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2019, 22:10:37 pm »

Not a game for the purist and we have quite a few of them!  KC has assembled a very good defensive unit and today they all played very well. Special mention for Cornell who brought off a magnificent save in the first half from Guthrie* who I thought was their danger man. The support played their part with constant chanting. When Smith scored with a brave header they went into raptures. Harry Harry they chanted. This was a brave and disciplined performance especially when down to 10 men.  
I enjoyed the 2nd half performance real backs against the wall stuff; just like Cobblers of old which for me is a good sign. Stevenage were a lot better than their lowly position at the foot of the table and played with great deal of spirit and intent. Smith’s presence in the attack clearly unsettled them and it was no surprise that our best period of play incurred whilst he was on the pitch! Some of our predictions for this game were wildly optimistic OTT. Stevenage were playing with fearsome desperation and our win against them and Breakspear was no mean feat!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 09:56:31 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2019, 22:17:05 pm »

Well played Town... Thought the card for the sending off was fair. But he should never have been on a yellow... Good win on a chilly night.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2019, 22:31:38 pm »

It was Swindon and Bradford all over again as GPC says some you win some you lose.
Happy with the 3pts.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest48

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2019, 22:50:23 pm »

Easy money to be made here, Charles Breakspear is reffing this one which virtually guarantees that we will have someone sent off !
Move over Melbourne, sod the octopus , horses for courses  Wink

PS Cant we say we don't want this tw*t anywhere near our matches, just look at his record it is blatantly obvious that he has a problem with NTFC
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2019, 22:59:50 pm »

It was Swindon and Bradford all over again as GPC says some you win some you lose.
Happy with the 3pts.

Not quite great oracle not quite - both Swindon and Bradford were reasonable football teams whilst Stevenage although very game were not. See for yourself  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2019, 06:29:30 am »

Watched the Smith sending off again. stretching for the ball with his foot down and the Stevenage lad has had the refs pants down. Perhaps a bit unwise so soon after the booking to commit but I can’t believe the ref fell for it? Oh hang on, it’s the Surrey cardsmith Charles Bookinghere isn’t it, say no more?

I had more of an issue with Smith’s first yellow: he had his back to the goal and was walking away when their keeper gave him an almighty shove in the back, for which he was deservedly booked.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2019, 07:27:28 am »

I had more of an issue with Smith’s first yellow: he had his back to the goal and was walking away when their keeper gave him an almighty shove in the back, for which he was deservedly booked.

Agreed - because of the position and look of the tackle not too many complaints on the second - but some of the earlier bookings very questionable, however we all know Charlie boy's reputation and I don't think we were particularly savvy to that. Having said that how can this guy continually referee with red and yellow stats well above the average - he is the type of referee that frankly spoils games for both sides and the EFL should hold him to account.

Great 3 points - I thought we were awful in the first half and regressed to early season style - Adams barely got a pass to provide some much needed width. Second half until the red card much improved with passing and wing play pushing Stevenage very much on the back foot followed by a great defensive performance following the red.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2019, 07:40:58 am »

Special mention to the singing section last night, an excellent performance.
Was Dan back in after his absence?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2019, 07:59:25 am »

I did bring my singing voice yesterday  Grin very enjoyable evening.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2019, 08:01:04 am »

A win is a win . Well done for keeping our shape and seeing it through. How on earth we got away with that I don’t know . It must be the record for the least amount of consecutive passes during any 90 minutes in which a team has won .
The one bit of quality in the game resulted in the goal. Great Adams cross .
We also defended well in fairness .
Smith scores but nearly cost us the game . Has he a brain cell in his head ? He has just been booked , everyone knows what Breakspear is like and then he goes in late . Switch on Harry .
But a wins a win so fair enough .

I think that’s the dictionary definition of damning with faint praise - I wouldn’t worry, I’m sure we’ll lose again soon 😉
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2019, 08:48:05 am »

A win is a win . Well done for keeping our shape and seeing it through. How on earth we got away with that I don’t know . It must be the record for the least amount of consecutive passes during any 90 minutes in which a team has won .
The one bit of quality in the game resulted in the goal. Great Adams cross .
We also defended well in fairness .
Smith scores but nearly cost us the game . Has he a brain cell in his head ? He has just been booked , everyone knows what Breakspear is like and then he goes in late . Switch on Harry .
But a wins a win so fair enough .

good to see that the problem of just trying to keep our shape for 90 minutes went from a horrible game plan from curle, to a matchwinning game plan.

as the post above says, i am sure we will lose again soon so you will be happy once more.

you are beginning to sound more miserable than me on here, which really is some effort.

i dont care how we win away from home if we win - we have seen terrible teams beat us on our own patch, so about time we did it to others.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2019, 09:03:58 am »

Move over Melbourne, sod the octopus , horses for courses  Wink

PS Cant we say we don't want this tw*t anywhere near our matches, just look at his record it is blatantly obvious that he has a problem with NTFC
Over the past three seasons, he's sent off seven different players. O'Toole, Buchanan, Barnett, Crooks, Pereira, Foley and Smith. Can our club request that he never ref's us again as this is looking like a grudge for some reason?
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2019, 09:09:01 am »

Over the past three seasons, he's sent off seven different players. O'Toole, Buchanan, Barnett, Crooks, Pereira, Foley and Smith. Can our club request that he never ref's us again as this is looking like a grudge for some reason?

Out of curiosity, how many red cards have we received in total over the same time period?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2019, 09:24:22 am »

Just to play devils advocate (and don’t get me wrong as Breakspear shouldn’t be refereeing full stop) but you would hope that when the players/manager see we have got him in charge we try to manage the game accordingly - for example don’t go lunging in when you’re already on a yellow. Thinking back to the game when he sent o’toole and pereira off (if I remember correctly) they both completely lost their heads and you could see that they were red cards waiting to happen. Having said that I don’t really blame the players for losing their rag as he is the most inept, incompetent referee out there and he’s got some fierce competition.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2019, 09:27:18 am »

That's staggering.

Out of curiosity, how many red cards have we received in total over the same time period?

from 17/18 to this season so far, 12.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2019, 10:12:33 am »

Just to play devils advocate (and don’t get me wrong as Breakspear shouldn’t be refereeing full stop) but you would hope that when the players/manager see we have got him in charge we try to manage the game accordingly - for example don’t go lunging in when you’re already on a yellow. Thinking back to the game when he sent o’toole and pereira off (if I remember correctly) they both completely lost their heads and you could see that they were red cards waiting to happen. Having said that I don’t really blame the players for losing their rag as he is the most inept, incompetent referee out there and he’s got some fierce competition.

Not sure about Breakspears competence but on Smiths second yellow he was surrounded by gesticulating SFc players. The injured player lay comatose but got up and happily resumed. The first yellow was very doubtful their goalie gave Smith an almighty push was booked but no idea why he booked Smith. Like to think we will appeal against 1st booking? I was wrong in saying Guthrie forced a great save from Cornell it was another player!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: