The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:12:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mauling The Morecambe A 28th Sept

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mauling The Morecambe A 28th Sept  (Read 5038 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2019, 19:11:47 pm »

To be honest we were not very good in the first half, it was just that Morecambe were really poor.
Second half, if Harriman was not injured could not understand the substitution. We were fully in control.
The second substitution cost us dear .... Simply inviting Morecambe on to us; bringing on Oliver would have been the better option.
Both goals conceded  were really poor.
And yes, we should have got a winner at the end, so why did we not play with the same urgency throughout the second half.

Good summary - to add I thought their first goal (similar to our second) was very poor goalkeeping (with or without a slight deflection)

The last 6 mins were as you say a real puzzle - played like that the previous 20 mins and there was only one winner probably by more than the two.

Unfortunately I think tactics including substitutions and a tendency not to resist a defensive approach suggest very strongly to me KC will rarely get a team relegated but equally not get one promoted.

Without being exceptional we should clearly have 4 more points on the board with just a little more managerial skill.

So are the players capable? - probably, but can the manager implement it? 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2019, 19:19:11 pm »

This is what you said 20 minutes ago  "I deplore the childish comments of those not there; just await the comments from those actually there"
So which is it ??

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2019, 19:25:05 pm »

Evers is a hypocrite of the highest order. You do not need to be present, in order to formulate an opinion.
I note from some of his previous posts, that he was a former clergyman. If in the past, he has offered an opinion from the bible, then it cannot be valid, as he WAS NOT PRESENT.
Indeed the arrogant one attempted to tell me, earlier in this post , that my GPs diagnosis on my medical condition was incorrect. Who the fcuk does he think he is?
Apologies for ranting mods, but this would be a far better board in his absence.

Knowing your history that is a gob smacking comment. Clergyman - really. You made a sniping comment which you do quite often so take a cup of tea and calm down.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2019, 19:31:34 pm »

To be honest we were not very good in the first half, it was just that Morecambe were really poor.
Second half, if Harriman was not injured could not understand the substitution. We were fully in control.
The second substitution cost us dear .... Simply inviting Morecambe on to us; bringing on Oliver would have been the better option.
Both goals conceded  were really poor.
And yes, we should have got a winner at the end, so why did we not play with the same urgency throughout the second half.

Well done Macc first decent match report this evening. Commentators (Martin Smith) thought that bringing on Smith to partner Williams was a reasonable move and was intended to give more impetus up front.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2019, 19:36:55 pm »

Cobblers this season

1- 15 mins   Cobblers 3 Opponents 2
16-30 mins   Cobblers 3 Opponents 3
31-45 mins   Cobblers 3 Opponents 1
46-60 mins   Cobblers 1 Opponents 0
61-75 mins   Cobblers 5 Opponents 3
76-90 mins   Cobblers 1 Opponents 9

Now tell me why we can't compete in the last 15 minutes of games if it's not about either

a)   fitness
b)  crap substitutions
c)   inexplicable tactics

Did you listen to Turnbulls after match comments seemed to contradict a to c?
Report Spam   Logged

Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2019, 19:41:58 pm »

He's hardly going to criticize his manager is he?  Not in public anyway.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 19:43:46 pm by Joes Sweet Left Foot » Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2019, 19:45:05 pm »

everbrite is a charlatan. He has nothing to recommend him. No knowledge, no insight, no intelligence. Either that or he is an AI invention to unsettle the good and the wise. Best thing is to ignore the fella.

Considering the time Curle has spent in his occupation it is extraordinary that he makes so stupid and regular mistakes as he does. I am beginning to think he seeks out mediocrity because it keeps him in employment. Morecambe were a pretty awful side and yet 2 goals up we still managed to lose grip of the game and not for the first time this season.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2019, 19:49:20 pm »

From the Morecambe messageboard...

‘Not sure why Northampton shut up shop for the entire second half when they had us on toast for the first. Nice to see a bit of fight from us but Northampton got what they deserved for sitting back. ‘

‘They sat back straight from kick off. Hoskins was causing problems in the first half but hardly got past the half way line in the second. Adams was the same on the right hand side. ‘

‘ wouldn't say I was critical of Morecambe but thought Northampton threw it away. Northampton invited us on and we took the opportunity and got a draw. There is no need to get carried away though, it is 3pts from 18 at home.’

They could see it as it was! There you go Evers, factual reports from people who were there!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 19:54:39 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
spqr

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2019, 19:51:53 pm »

Football has moved on so much.

If only we had a forward who is a genuine target man who can hold the ball and flick it on to players running through. Richard Hill, played on by Ian Benjamin, would have scored freely.

Balls were played that were headed on to nobody or went into areas where there was no danger because there were no players parallel with the furthest man forward.  Balls needed to be headed back to players coming through.

Standing behind the goal in Morecambe's home end I actually missed Ellison's goal. As the Morecambe player crossed the ball it clearly hit Hoskin's arm and the home end shouted 'Hand Ball'.  I looked to the linesman and he did not signal to the ref and the ref played on.  A free kick might have been cleared, but we will never know.

The feeling was that Turnball's second goal should have been saved.  Likewise I did wonder how Morecambe's first goal went in.  Cornell must have been unsighted as he did not move.

Perhaps the video highlights will show more.

Morecambe stepped up the game and the Cobblers could not cope with it.  They look too soft.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2019, 19:58:22 pm »

He's hardly going to criticize his manager is he?

Of course not,  if anything he seemed to imply that it it was up to the players not to play on the back foot. Strange that they should play more on the front foot in added time and not in the last 15mins.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2019, 20:00:48 pm »

everbrite is a charlatan. He has nothing to recommend him. No knowledge, no insight, no intelligence. Either that or he is an AI invention to unsettle the good and the wise. Best thing is to ignore the fella.

Considering the time Curle has spent in his occupation it is extraordinary that he makes so stupid and regular mistakes as he does. I am beginning to think he seeks out mediocrity because it keeps him in employment. Morecambe were a pretty awful side and yet 2 goals up we still managed to lose grip of the game and not for the first time this season.

Super stuff Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2019, 20:07:02 pm »

Knowing your history that is a gob smacking comment. Clergyman - really. You made a sniping comment which you do quite often so take a cup of tea and calm down.
Are you saying that you were not a former clergyman. Answer yes or no.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2019, 20:37:39 pm »

From the Morecambe messageboard...

‘Not sure why Northampton shut up shop for the entire second half when they had us on toast for the first. Nice to see a bit of fight from us but Northampton got what they deserved for sitting back. ‘

‘They sat back straight from kick off. Hoskins was causing problems in the first half but hardly got past the half way line in the second. Adams was the same on the right hand side. ‘

‘ wouldn't say I was critical of Morecambe but thought Northampton threw it away. Northampton invited us on and we took the opportunity and got a draw. There is no need to get carried away though, it is 3pts from 18 at home.’

They could see it as it was! There you go Evers, factual reports from people who were there!!

Not sure why you are so eager to profess actual reports.  The comment from their board rings true and clearly I don't disagree with it. Once again I support comments from most supporters whether there or not. Presumably I am allowed to comment/disagree  on the throw away negative remarks by just a few on here (operative word is few) which seem to occur on an disappointing result.  Bet you a few quid that if they resisted commenting for an hour after the final whistle a more intelligible comment might be forthcoming. However KC has his detractors on here so not a minute is wasted to 'tell you so'. Not sure if you get my drift tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2019, 20:47:36 pm »

Are you saying that you were not a former clergyman. Answer yes or no.

No idea why you come on here to brandish that comment. Have never alluded to that exalted office.  As you have a reputation for being a super sleuth am at a loss how to answer your query especially when I suspect that you already know the answer.. Other than that I am tempted to ask 'if you are ok'.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2019, 20:52:03 pm »

Not sure why you are so eager to profess actual reports.  The comment from their board rings true and clearly I don't disagree with it. Once again I support comments from most supporters whether there or not. Presumably I am allowed to comment/disagree  on the throw away negative remarks by just a few on here (operative word is few) which seem to occur on an disappointing result.  Bet you a few quid that if they resisted commenting for an hour after the final whistle a more intelligible comment might be forthcoming. However KC has his detractors on here so not a minute is wasted to 'tell you so'. Not sure if you get my drift tho'.

Because you wanted to wait to hear from people who were there, you’ve had our thoughts and now you’ve had theirs too....pretty similar don’t you think?

Curle is as negative a manager as I can remember...at least under Atkins there was fight.
Morecambe tried to play football today, knocked it around on the ground as much as they knocked it long. You just know that once we sit back and invite pressure then we will lose points, even to a team who are without a home win all season, and at the time bottom of the live table. We couldn’t hold out.

Attack is the best form of defence, why not try and go for 3 or 4 rather than change it all about? The subs were bizarre and ill timed, their subs came on and scored the two goals.
When Curle is outthought by Jim Bentley you know he’s got problems...plenty told him so at the end too, some of the criticism of the players was a bit rough, Adams looked visibly shocked by the reaction.....

Hey ho....we go again!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 21:00:09 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2019, 21:14:58 pm »

Little bit annoying 2 up again but still got the point better than none but had to persuade lines to come over at the end of game to shake my hand before Adkin what the fcuk happened
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2019, 21:17:59 pm »

A strange game today, 2-0 up at half time, also having hit the bar and yet we hadn't played that well. Morecambe were awful and you could only see one winner. The first substitution at half time puzzled me at the time, yet from then we started to play quite well. Smith and Willo were linking up well together, with some nice lay offs and thought Adams should really have scored when he hit he bar and that was the game changer. They had a couple of breaks, although we were coping with them and getting back, but i think KC saw this as a threat and took  Willo off and the game changed completely. We never got forward after that and the inevitable happened. Once pegged back we started to play again, Hall- Johnson nearly scored and Sam hit the bar. Very,very frustrating, we play good football at times when we need too, the worrying thing is it seems we need 3 goals to be safe, as once the first goes in against us, we seem to panic. Hopefully McCormack will be that calming influence, because that's 4 points dropped in the last 2 games alone.    
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2019, 21:38:35 pm »

Because you wanted to wait to hear from people who were there, you’ve had our thoughts and now you’ve had theirs too....pretty similar don’t you think?

Curle is as negative a manager as I can remember...at least under Atkins there was fight.
Morecambe tried to play football today, knocked it around on the ground as much as they knocked it long. You just know that once we sit back and invite pressure then we will lose points, even to a team who are without a home win all season, and at the time bottom of the live table. We couldn’t hold out.

Attack is the best form of defence, why not try and go for 3 or 4 rather than change it all about? The subs were bizarre and ill timed, their subs came on and scored the two goals.
When Curle is outthought by Jim Bentley you know he’s got problems...plenty told him so at the end too, some of the criticism of the players was a bit rough, Adams looked visibly shocked by the reaction.....

Hey ho....we go again!

A visit to their forum suggests that Morecambe just about deserved their point if only for a gritty 2nd half performance. The report said it was a much improved performance against decent opposition(strange comment that Roll Eyes)  Martin Smith gave a few decent hints at our midfield display - for example they allowed Buxton to move inside and get the ball onto his right foot when they should have channeled him to ensure that did not reoccur. I don't disagree with the majority of your comments except I am not sure we have the players in the problem areas to do that. One member on here suggested we are still only 3 points from the play offs so plenty of time for improvement ! Also I do not share your erstwhile opinion of Curle  - I liked quite a few of his sides recent displays and even more the win at Stevenage. Mostly its all about opinions some are ok others are just plain silly.

https://morecambe.vitalfootball.co.uk/m ... pton-town/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 21:48:30 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2019, 08:06:08 am »

Fitness is an issue, they can’t play with intensity for 90.
That said I think it’s more to do with a defensive mindset and instructions from the bench.
I saw Curle telling Adams not to take a quick free kick when we were 2-0 up, motioning to slow things down...
We went all back into the 18 yard box, hoofing it out to nobody and it comes straight back...then when it’s 2-2 we start pushing forward again and had chances to win at the death.
Spot on .
I said this after last weeks defeat . We have some ageing players who are being asked to play a highly intense game . We visibly tire after 75 minutes and the statistics illustrate that .
Curle needs to explain why we concede so many goals in the last quarter .
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2019, 08:41:53 am »

Spot on .
I said this after last weeks defeat . We have some ageing players who are being asked to play a highly intense game . We visibly tire after 75 minutes and the statistics illustrate that .
Curle needs to explain why we concede so many goals in the last quarter .
We didn’t lose last week
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: