The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:06:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Substitutions, Squad Depth and Late Capitulations

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Substitutions, Squad Depth and Late Capitulations  (Read 2692 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2019, 15:27:39 pm »

Ultimately KC will keep the club in the league, and might have a dabble with 7th place if we are lucky. I thought we'd finish between 7th & 14th and I've not seen much to make me change my mind so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 15:48:20 pm »

A year ago today, KC joined the club. "I think we should be top, and I want to be top," said the Cobblers boss, who has managed 55 Cobblers games, winning 19, losing 16 and drawing 20 in all competitions during that time.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 15:56:56 pm »

There are some concerning statistics in the chron
1. We have the 4th lowest possession % in the division
2. We are 2nd lowest on passes completed
3. No team in the division have had more shots against them
4. Along with Oldham we have the most yellow cards. The number of stupid and avoidable yellow cards has       been a concern for some time.
   It would be unfair not to mention the statistics at the higher level
5. Only 2 sides have scored more goals from set pieces
6. Charlie Goode has more blocks and clearances than any other player in the division

1. For context: Cobblers possession stat is 47%. For the 10 teams immediately above in the table there is only 1-2% difference in possession, these are negligible amounts. There are only 5 teams in the division who have over 50%. One of these 5 are Plymouth who are known for being a possession heavy side, and theirs is 54%. Top placed Exeter average 50% possession, while 6th place Newport have the worst stat with 45%.

2. Cobblers pass completion is 62%, the second lowest in the division. The lowest pass rate pass completion rate belongs to Newport with 60%. The third lowest rate belongs to Exeter with 63.6%.

3. We have had the second most attempt made on our goal, but are 12th in the able for shots on target against us with 43. For context, the side in 5th place have had 38 shots on target against them, a negligible difference.

4. I agree we are picking up too many silly yellow cards, hopefully our record here can improve. It's worth remembering though that we picked up 6 of these from the card happy Mr Breakspear, who has only managed 3 games in the division so far and has the worst card to game ratio of League 2 refs so far. Perhaps this has skewed the stats a bit against us? We have had 149 fouls given against us in total, the 7th worst record in the league. For context, the 15th worst record is only 10 less than us at 139, so again we are talking about relatively negligible differences.

A few more 'favourable' stats:

1. We have had the joint 7th highest number of attempts on target with 50. Crewe have made the most with 65, while second place Plymouth have only made 6 more than us with 56.

2. Cobblers are joint 15th in the 'Long Ball Per Game' stat, so it would seem our play is less 'direct' than the majority of teams in the division.

3. Despite missing some key players through injury, we are on a run of just 2 losses in 8 and are sitting only 7 points off top spot!

I think the last one is the most important at the moment!
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 16:09:16 pm »

A year ago today, KC joined the club. "I think we should be top, and I want to be top," said the Cobblers boss, who has managed 55 Cobblers games, winning 19, losing 16 and drawing 20 in all competitions during that time.

Only 47 in the league though, no? W 17, D 17, L 12.

Since he has arrived we have won 69 points from 47, just shy of 1.5 points per game. If he can up this to a 1.6-1.7 ppg average we should make the play-offs this season.

We are also only 7 points off the top as it stands. It would only be fair to see where we finish with the team he has put together over the summer before coming to any judgements.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2019, 12:51:09 pm »

1. For context: Cobblers possession stat is 47%. For the 10 teams immediately above in the table there is only 1-2% difference in possession, these are negligible amounts. There are only 5 teams in the division who have over 50%. One of these 5 are Plymouth who are known for being a possession heavy side, and theirs is 54%. Top placed Exeter average 50% possession, while 6th place Newport have the worst stat with 45%.

2. Cobblers pass completion is 62%, the second lowest in the division. The lowest pass rate pass completion rate belongs to Newport with 60%. The third lowest rate belongs to Exeter with 63.6%.

3. We have had the second most attempt made on our goal, but are 12th in the able for shots on target against us with 43. For context, the side in 5th place have had 38 shots on target against them, a negligible difference.

4. I agree we are picking up too many silly yellow cards, hopefully our record here can improve. It's worth remembering though that we picked up 6 of these from the card happy Mr Breakspear, who has only managed 3 games in the division so far and has the worst card to game ratio of League 2 refs so far. Perhaps this has skewed the stats a bit against us? We have had 149 fouls given against us in total, the 7th worst record in the league. For context, the 15th worst record is only 10 less than us at 139, so again we are talking about relatively negligible differences.

A few more 'favourable' stats:

1. We have had the joint 7th highest number of attempts on target with 50. Crewe have made the most with 65, while second place Plymouth have only made 6 more than us with 56.

2. Cobblers are joint 15th in the 'Long Ball Per Game' stat, so it would seem our play is less 'direct' than the majority of teams in the division.

3. Despite missing some key players through injury, we are on a run of just 2 losses in 8 and are sitting only 7 points off top spot!

I think the last one is the most important at the moment!
Point 2 - “ most long ball per game stat “ ..... what is this exactly ?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: