The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:26:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Your random Cobblers memories

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your random Cobblers memories  (Read 7867 times)
EB Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2019, 22:37:01 pm »

A few more :

Ian Holloway’s face as the whole ground asked him what the score was in THAT semi final .I think afterwards he described the Sixfields crowd as "aggressive"

The queues at Castle Station for the play off final v Swansea. What a day that was When the Cobblers walked out onto the Wembley pitch I thought my chest would burst, a dream came true!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2019, 23:12:16 pm »

It’s what supporting a lower league club is all about mate 
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2019, 10:58:47 am »

Chris Doig's impatience with St.Johns Ambulance

Opposition keeper going bats*** at the ballboy (can't think of the GKs name)

Michael Kuipers going bats*** at himself

Bristol City players fighting each other (Bradley Orr was one I think...)

Chatting to Alistair Slowe in Hakamou, telling me he was about to break in to the 1st team but had a falling out with Sammo. The Kevin Thornton started on my missus
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2019, 11:06:01 am »

Chris Doig's impatience with St.Johns Ambulance

I remember that - Danny Senda had been down for ages and the St John's lot were faffing about their footwear or something as Doig took matters into his own hands. The Millwall crowd were singing "Are you Millwall in disguise" at him.

Really enjoying this thread; keep 'em coming everyone!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2019, 11:23:52 am »

A few more...

Jeema Day

The great man himself sitting in front of me at Oxford, welcoming a young lad into the seat next to him and then asking him what he thought of "that f***ing bald c*nt of a left back they've got"

Bayo's hat-trick at Accrington

Rico's 4 goal haul at Macc

Demontagnac taking a shot in the warm up at Bristol Rovers, missing the goal entirely but shattering the seat in front of me!

Mad Michelle shattering a seat at Lincoln when we conceded a goal.

Standing in Kenilworth Road after a game, me and my dad on one side of a row of police officers, my Luton supporting mate and his nephews on the other side. They were giving us a lift home so we couldn't go anywhere but with them, so we ended up killing time by having a chat about the game over a copper's shoulder because he wouldn't let us meet up properly "in case we started fighting".

Some pissed up Donny fan shagging his equally pissed up girlfriend outside their ground.

A scumbag Hull fan running up and belting a Cobblers fan from behind while he walked along with his little girl, only to be set upon by a bunch of other outraged Hull fans.

Getting promoted at Torquay with the whole town full of Cobblers. Torquay opened the gates at the end and let in loads of Cobblers fans who'd travelled without a ticket so they could join the celebrations.

At the same game, we bumped into my dad's mate, a fellow Cobbler who was wearing a Torquay shirt. He'd just bought it in the shop and was wearing it to avoid any grief getting into the home end!
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2019, 13:21:05 pm »

Chesterfield away in 1985 I think? The Chesterfield supporters had caused bedlam at the county ground and the return fixture was quite spicey. One of Derbyshire’s finest let a police dog into the away end who promptly proceeded to bite anyone in the vicinity irrespective of whether they were involved in any tomfoolery or not. The locals claimed it was the most intimidating fixture they had endured in years. Luckily I am a lover not a fighter so I was not involved in any of the shenanigans that took place that day whatsoever.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2019, 15:02:18 pm »

Just as there was a sudden hush in the ground, a very well spoken gentleman in the west stand announcing to the 20 or 30 people in his vocal range, "referee you are extremely poor".

An opposing player having a shot at goal (off target) in the first 30 seconds of a game and a not-so well spoken gentleman telling AB "f*cking rubbish Boothroyd, sort it out". Aidy stared at his watch then mouthed "you Wot"!

I was hit on the head by the ball at Stevenage during the warm up. It was a wild shot by Courtney Herbert but if only he'd put that much power into all his attempts on goal.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2019, 15:29:37 pm »

Another one I have is a memory from the Fenwick era. A Friday night game, either v Wigan or Stockport. We were at home,losing again, but the one player who was actually playing well was Paul Harsley. Cue astonishment and anger as Fenwick decided to take Harsley off. I'll never forget a reaction to a sub like it. Anyone else remember that?
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2019, 16:03:30 pm »

I drove me and 4 mates from MK to Northampton to catch the supporters bus to Birmingham away. As I was paying for parking I noticed the coach pulling away (with my mates on it), jumped back in the car and tried to follow said coach to the game but lost it and ended up driving round Birmingham completely lost, spotted some floodlights and luckily for me it was the right ground.

Managed to get on the bus to Lincoln away but there were too many people on it and we had to go via Kettering on the way where they shipped us off onto a little shuttle bus for the rest of the trip. Also remember some Cobblers pissing through the fence into the Lincoln end at that game.

Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 17:30:18 pm »

I once saw a guy pissing in the doorway of a house after a game at Gillingham. I don't think he'd been to the game, I think he just needed a **** and that's how it's done in Gillingham. I'm just surprised he found a doorway that didn't already have an old mattress or sofa wedged into it!
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2019, 19:13:37 pm »

I once saw a guy pissing in the doorway of a house after a game at Gillingham. I don't think he'd been to the game, I think he just needed a **** and that's how it's done in Gillingham. I'm just surprised he found a doorway that didn't already have an old mattress or sofa wedged into it!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2019, 21:11:11 pm »

It’s almost worth changing the title of this thread to Pissing at Random Memories?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2019, 05:22:18 am »

Doing work experience at the County Ground and fixing Terry Angus' boot rack.

Hull keeper Roy Carroll angrily taking his gloves off and stomping off the pitch after conceding and own goal

Being disappointed seeing Steve Ogrizovic enjoying a cigarette in the players entrance after the Cov FA Cup game as there'd been a "Footballers don't smoke" campaign at my school the week before.

Lincoln fan giving it the big ones as the buses were leaving Sincil Bank and walked straight into a tree.

A Swansea fan ripping off a piece of wall and throwing it at a coach behind us.

Double decker Jimmy's bus breaking down in the middle lane at a set of traffic lights in Islington on the way home from Millwall and the police asking us all to push it to the side of the road.

Snow storm at Carlisle and an eight hour journey home

Mark Ovendale being subbed due to an asthma attack

Armand One shirts being on sale weeks after he left the club

Vinny Jones running up the County Ground tunnel at full pelt to avoid signing autographs for the hoards of kids stood waiting for him

Being offered a large sum of money by a Wrexham fan for one of the footballs used during the game they got promoted at The County Ground.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest3264

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 06:23:47 am »

2.55pm and 100 Hull fans are in the Hotel End giving it large.
There was a 'no mans land' between the two sets of fans when a group of p*ssed up Cobblers rolled out of the Tavern and one walked into the void and shouted in his best John Wayne voice 'LETS GET THE HULL OUT OF HERE!'.................all hell brokeout.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2019, 06:33:57 am »

Southend away Boxing Day 99 some fella reading his programme whilst having a p1ss dropped it in the overflowing steaming yellowness. With only a seconds hesitation reached watch deep in the trough to retrieve the sodden pages, gave it a shake spraying the nearby Teyn folk then wandered off like nothing happened.

Buster Bloodvessel “performed” lip up fatty on the pitch and we drew 2-2.
It was a early kick off so a group of us decided to have a party on the beach, as the pubs were not open. The looks we got from the runners in a mini marathon  on the front as 'party hats, partypoppers, bottles of wine, sausage rolls were the order of the day!
Being drunk at 11.30am in the morning is the only way to be in Southend!

Was that the game when Warren Donald scored with one of the hardest shots I've ever seen or was it in the 4-4 draw?
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2019, 09:06:55 am »

A grim day at the County Ground some time in the early 1990s during the McRitchie era when we were playing the kids, failing to beat Hereford despite them being reduced to SEVEN men. I think the final score was 1-1.

Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2019, 09:48:14 am »

It was a early kick off so a group of us decided to have a party on the beach, as the pubs were not open. The looks we got from the runners in a mini marathon  on the front as 'party hats, partypoppers, bottles of wine, sausage rolls were the order of the day!
Being drunk at 11.30am in the morning is the only way to be in Southend!

Was that the game when Warren Donald scored with one of the hardest shots I've ever seen or was it in the 4-4 draw?

You're a decade out  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
dolph

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2019, 11:11:57 am »

A grim day at the County Ground some time in the early 1990s during the McRitchie era when we were playing the kids, failing to beat Hereford despite them being reduced to SEVEN men. I think the final score was 1-1.

This one ?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2019, 11:22:03 am »

Game v Aldershot at the County Ground, the teams are lead out by their Chairmen to the strains of 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' and the Hotel End singing "We've got less cash than you"! Although it turned out Aldershot had less cash than us.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2019, 13:14:06 pm »

After knocking Cov City out the FA cup, going to Rochdale in the pi55ing rain where we had 2 sides of their ground getting hammered by them and knocked out in the fourth round.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: