The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:57:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Leyton Orient - 5th October

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leyton Orient - 5th October  (Read 6463 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2019, 07:20:01 am »

It’s all very well digging out some of the new signings and pointing out how they haven’t performed but unless you are an almighty bruiser that can run really fast and go at full pace for 90 minutes , you are not going to shine in this set up .
There is no room for anyone with guile or that can find pockets of space . If you don’t get rid of the ball in 2 seconds , charge down the opposition and run fast to the corner , Curle will say you are not carrying out instructions .
Players like Warburton , Lines and Pollock must be wondering what the point of being here is .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2019, 12:16:47 pm »

Did the tackle on Nicky Adams seem to be a particularly bad one at the time or does it look a lot worse on video?
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-boss-keith-curle-questions-referee-s-decision-not-to-red-card-orient-s-gorman-for-bad-tackle-on-nicky-adams-1-9097802
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2019, 12:34:27 pm »

I thought it looked bad and ticked more than one box for a red. He went over the top of the ball, was out of control and appeared to use excessive force.

I haven't seen it since though, so could just have been the claret-tinted specs!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2019, 12:51:45 pm »

If Charles Breakspear had been reffing the red card would have been out in an instance.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2019, 13:02:34 pm »

Agree with the majority apart from your assessment of Hall-Johnson who played the first two games and struggled in both, with only a slight improvement in the second.  The first I was hoping that he was going to be pulled at HT to protect him. However I do hope that he does improve and becomes an asset.

Hall-Johnson didn't look comfortable at times on Saturday, but it sounds like he was thrust into the team at the last minute because of Goode having to pull out. I still hope he isn't needed in that position to often though, he's too small for a centre-back for starters. I imagine it's possible he'll only be a bench player this season, especially if Martin can find some form at left back meaning Harriman can stay on the right.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2019, 13:04:37 pm »

Surely you are a wind up ?
Going back to the point , you would drop him on that basis ?

On what basis? You're personal opinion of Cornell's form? That's not my opinion as I said before, so therefore it's a pointless question.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2019, 13:16:07 pm »

It’s all very well digging out some of the new signings and pointing out how they haven’t performed but unless you are an almighty bruiser that can run really fast and go at full pace for 90 minutes , you are not going to shine in this set up .
There is no room for anyone with guile or that can find pockets of space . If you don’t get rid of the ball in 2 seconds , charge down the opposition and run fast to the corner , Curle will say you are not carrying out instructions .
Players like Warburton , Lines and Pollock must be wondering what the point of being here is .

Coming from the person who earlier in the thread stated that Curle's signings have been poor:

Curle wanted his players in, playing his way . He said it would all change once that happened and we could move forward .
Well, arguably the best three players this season are Goode , Turnbull and Cornell who were all at the club last season . The young players are not coming through at all and the new signings are a big disappointment .

Adams, Watson, Wharton, Harriman, McCormack, Oliver, Kaja, Arnold and Goode (who is a new signing originally brought in by Curle) have either been decent, showed promise off the bench or haven't had a proper chance to shine yet due to injury. It's a bit much to say they've been a disappointment just 12 games into the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2019, 13:18:23 pm »

Hall-Johnson didn't look comfortable at times on Saturday, but it sounds like he was thrust into the team at the last minute because of Goode having to pull out. I still hope he isn't needed in that position to often though, he's too small for a centre-back for starters. I imagine it's possible he'll only be a bench player this season, especially if Martin can find some form at left back meaning Harriman can stay on the right.

I was referring to his first two appearances not Saturday, as I wasn't there...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2019, 13:43:12 pm »

If Charles Breakspear had been reffing the red card would have been out in an instance.
You're right, he would have sent Adams off for diving
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2019, 14:08:40 pm »

You're right, he would have sent Adams off for diving

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2019, 19:00:09 pm »

On what basis? You're personal opinion of Cornell's form? That's not my opinion as I said before, so therefore it's a pointless question.
We know what your opinion of Cornell is Clarence but on what basis have you made your mind up that Arnold is better than him?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: