The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:31:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Scunny Away Sat 12th Oct

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scunny Away Sat 12th Oct  (Read 4686 times)
WasRambo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2019, 18:15:39 pm »

I'm rapidly losing interest in football full stop. A few years back I knew pretty much every player in the Premier League, now I don't even recognise half the names in the England team! Speaking of which, I had the house to myself last night and I thought to myself as I left work "Ooh, I could watch the football later" but when it came to it I found I'd rather watch the last couple of episodes of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix instead. I didn't even think to look at the score, in fact I'd forgotten all about it until I saw a mate comment on Facebook about the result!

It was much the same today. I looked at the team sheet at 2pm, thought it looked **** and then looked at the score at 3:30 before deciding not to bother following it anymore. That would have been unthinkable a few years back; I'd either have been at the game or squirelled away somewhere listening to the commentary on Radio Numpty right through to the bitter end.

I don't know what it is. I don't like Curle or his style of football but I don't think I can pin the blame entirely on him, I just seem to have fallen out of love with the game just lately.

This. Call me a fairweather fan if you like but it's hard to get enthused by any aspect of this club, from top to bottom.

Three sunny seasons in 35, I genuinely hoped this one would be positive. Who knows, it may yet be. But my optimism for that is fading by the week
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2019, 18:17:49 pm »

I'm rapidly losing interest in football full stop. A few years back I knew pretty much every player in the Premier League, now I don't even recognise half the names in the England team! Speaking of which, I had the house to myself last night and I thought to myself as I left work "Ooh, I could watch the football later" but when it came to it I found I'd rather watch the last couple of episodes of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix instead. I didn't even think to look at the score, in fact I'd forgotten all about it until I saw a mate comment on Facebook about the result!

It was much the same today. I looked at the team sheet at 2pm, thought it looked **** and then looked at the score at 3:30 before deciding not to bother following it anymore. That would have been unthinkable a few years back; I'd either have been at the game or squirelled away somewhere listening to the commentary on Radio Numpty right through to the bitter end.

I don't know what it is. I don't like Curle or his style of football but I don't think I can pin the blame entirely on him, I just seem to have fallen out of love with the game just lately.

That’s precisely how I’m feeling mate, you’re not alone. My interest is rapidly drifting away from football these days and I’m looking instead to other areas of sport/entertainment for enjoyment. It’s a sad indictment of the last few seasons (and in my opinion it’s a lot more of a damning indictment of the KT era than the off the field shenanigans) - the championship season increasingly looks like it was a complete anomaly
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2019, 18:18:28 pm »

Curle needs to go and he needs to go now, we will not my move forward whilst he is at the helm.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2019, 18:20:54 pm »

Anyone else finding it hard to care?
I agree. Medical issues meant that I could not attend, so I left home at 15:00, went to the co-op to pick up a few bits, and then on to the Crown and Cush. Walked in looked at the screen, and found that we were 3-0 down. Before half time. I just shrugged my shoulders.Same old sh!t. I am finding it very difficult to find anything enthusiastic about KC.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2019, 18:25:04 pm »

Yep, I’ll be forgoing my ticket for next weeks match as well, no enthusiasm to go, it’s a chore. Rather go and watch8ng a team with attacking endeavour, Horsham FC
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2019, 18:25:15 pm »

Curle needs to go and he needs to go now, we will not my move forward whilst he is at the helm.

To add to this, I really can’t see the logic in the argument that we just see the season out and let his contract expire - if the season continues as it is that would mean one man and his dog turning up by April/may. The season is still just about salvageable but a few more poor results will mean we’ll get sucked into a relegation scrap which would be inexcusable. Surely with 7 months left on his contract it wouldn’t be massively expensive to get rid now - by biggest concern would be that KT can’t pick a decent manager to save his life?
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2019, 18:30:43 pm »

I don’t like being too critical of players or managers, but I don’t have a great deal of faith in KC. Whatever business you manage in, communication is critical. That is a skill that doesn’t come naturally to KC. I can imagine the players saying to each other ‘what was he talking about?’ He’s had over a year and now these are his players - having criticised the last lot coz they weren’t his players! They have had time to settle in but they have performed poorly in the last 4 games. He brought in too many older players in the twilight of their careers. Tactics and match management are poor.

I hope the chairman is already talking to potential replacements, because I think he may need to make amove soon!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 18:32:26 pm by super-si » Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2019, 18:32:02 pm »

Curle has run out of ideas .
And the ideas he had at the outset were pretty poor .
His players , his tactics , his team selection .
His interview after the game just about sums up how clueless he is
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2019, 18:49:12 pm »

To add to this, I really can’t see the logic in the argument that we just see the season out and let his contract expire - if the season continues as it is that would mean one man and his dog turning up by April/may. The season is still just about salvageable but a few more poor results will mean we’ll get sucked into a relegation scrap which would be inexcusable. Surely with 7 months left on his contract it wouldn’t be massively expensive to get rid now - by biggest concern would be that KT can’t pick a decent manager to save his life?

It's not just KC but probably all his backroom staff aswell. Quite a financial outlay.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2019, 18:59:16 pm »

It's not just KC but probably all his backroom staff aswell. Quite a financial outlay.

True, I just don’t see the logic in those that say that sacking underperforming managers doesn’t work - can anyone truly say that they can see this ending well and if that’s the case then pull the trigger rather than waste another season and bore everyone to death?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2019, 19:24:02 pm »

highlights are up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sc***horpe-vs-northampton/410605
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2019, 19:24:29 pm »

Remember what happened last year when we got thumped by Colchester, we went on a run that nearly took us to the play offs.  Curle needs to address his age old problem of finding the right team mix to score goals, this will be the acid test for him of converting mid table mediocrity for play off contenders. Quite simple really.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2019, 19:32:15 pm »

highlights are up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sc***horpe-vs-northampton/410605

What was Martin doing for the second goal - didn’t exactly break his neck trying to stop the cross did he? Also that was never a sending off in a million years.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2019, 19:33:39 pm »

True, I just don’t see the logic in those that say that sacking underperforming managers doesn’t work

We've sacked 'underperforming managers' in the autumn of the previous three seasons. It hasn't worked out well. Why? Because the replacements have been rushed appointments and they've all decided to make wholesale changes during January, a transfer window which is notorious for poor value deals.

I'm not saying that I like Curle, or even that I want him to stay. I wasn't keen on him in the first place. However, I think that KT needs to try something different this time, and that might mean taking his time to get the right man and then giving him the summer window to refresh the squad.

In any case, as much as I'd like Curle to go, I just can't see KT pulling the trigger unless we're in genuine relegation trouble. It doesn't make business sense given that he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2019, 19:49:26 pm »

We've sacked 'underperforming managers' in the autumn of the previous three seasons. It hasn't worked out well. Why? Because the replacements have been rushed appointments and they've all decided to make wholesale changes during January, a transfer window which is notorious for poor value deals.

I'm not saying that I like Curle, or even that I want him to stay. I wasn't keen on him in the first place. However, I think that KT needs to try something different this time, and that might mean taking his time to get the right man and then giving him the summer window to refresh the squad.

In any case, as much as I'd like Curle to go, I just can't see KT pulling the trigger unless we're in genuine relegation trouble. It doesn't make business sense given that he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you but to think that the fans - many of whom didn’t want him to start with - are going to have the patience to give him time when they’re being served up with what is often primitive dross is naive, particularly at the cobblers where a lot of fans aren’t shy to impart their views.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2019, 19:53:30 pm »

the championship season increasingly looks like it was a complete anomaly

Well it was, we've generally spent most of our history in the bottom half of the 4th Division
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2019, 19:54:09 pm »

We actually played better when we went down to 10 men. At the time i thought Oliver went for the ball and there was nothing really in it, was surprised to see him sent off and more surprised their keeper had to go off with blood streaming down his face. McCormack was by far our best player when he came on, looked good on the ball and played some wonderful passes, it's just a shame the others are on a different wave length. We need to improve fast, but can't really see it happening. I too lay the blame with KC, as an attacking threat ,we are awful, no cutting edge whatsoever, the defence loses concentration far too easily and the midfield only play sideways. It is boring to watch, yet i still travel to away games in hope, that one day i might see a good all round performance , but believe there is little chance with KC in charge. If we had started today with some attacking purpose and had took the game to them and still lost ,then so be it, but that was awful and the buck stops with him , not the players. I noticed he hardly came on the pitch at the end to applaud the fans and unless by some miracle he changes his boring , player blaming,negative brand of football, we are only heading one way.      
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2019, 20:02:04 pm »

Well it was, we've generally spent most of our history in the bottom half of the 4th Division

I probably should have said it was a false dawn/complete lost opportunity to capitalise on positivity/optimism but I guess we all know that now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2019, 20:03:43 pm »

Curle was a poor choice. He is a poor manager. We are a poor club. We have a poor chairman. We have poor players. Pour me a drink.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2019, 20:41:51 pm »

We need a modern manager with fresh ideas . Someone that can connect with players and the public .
Get Jon Brady in with an experienced head as a number 2
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: