The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:01:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

FA Cup 2019-20

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FA Cup 2019-20  (Read 38143 times)
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2020, 21:28:42 pm »

Are we really sure that a game against a side 15th in the championship is enough to make the casual half fan want to spend an extra £20 odd quid to watch Sc***horpe?

As there are tickets still left, I would guess not.

I was surprised at the initial allocation for Derby, thought we'd at least try selling 3 sides ourselves, but that decision has proven wise.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
guest48

« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2020, 22:40:37 pm »

So people would have to buy a Sc***horpe ticket ? Even though alot of people cant make tuesday night games ?  .
No, if you read what I posted they could have first dibs ,after STH, for the Derby game by buying a Sc***horpe ticket, or they could wait until the Saturday and buy just a Derby ticket if there were any left. Also , to answer the other thing about paying an extra £20, I suggested doing a 2 for £40 deal which would also have given people a saving on the Scunny tickets.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2020, 06:07:38 am »

But it's only a saving on the Scunny ticket if they actually want to go to the Scunny game, otherwise it's a surcharge on securing a Derby ticket.

The club can't win on this - when they have done schemes like this or hoiked prices in the past they've been slated for exploiting fans by taking advantage of the situation and if they don't they get a different set of fans slating them for missing a commercial opportunity!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #483 on: January 20, 2020, 06:45:41 am »

Exactly,  the Derby tickets are £22 any other price has to be agreed by the Clubs, as per the rules. That would make the Sc***horpe ticket £18.  So spending money on a Sc***horpe ticket ,they might not want to /be able to, go to, just to get a Derby ticket. Discounted tickets/offers are awful ideas. They do not work apart from making people buy tickets for games they dont want.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #484 on: January 20, 2020, 07:46:06 am »

But it would have been very easy to double the non STH tickets up with tickets for the Sc***horpe game on Tues 28th. They could have done a bit of a bargain, buy Derby and Scunny tickets for £40 and only sold them on Weds, Thurs & Friday and , from Saturday onwards sell the remaining, if there are any, Derby tickets.

I'm so glad that the trust is nowhere near the running of the club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #485 on: January 20, 2020, 10:09:48 am »

Exactly,  the Derby tickets are £22 any other price has to be agreed by the Clubs, as per the rules. That would make the Sc***horpe ticket £18.  So spending money on a Sc***horpe ticket ,they might not want to /be able to, go to, just to get a Derby ticket.
I DO wish you would read and take in what is posted before replying, this is what  I posted "they could have first dibs ,after STH, for the Derby game by buying a Sc***horpe ticket, or they could wait until the Saturday and buy just a Derby ticket if there were any left."
    If you desperately wanted a Derby ticket, you could make sure you got one by buying the package, if you weren't bothered about a Scunny ticket, you can wait 3 days and just get the Derby ticket, if there are any left. I would say that is rewarding the more loyal fans, who are not STH, by them being able to buy a Derby ticket and save a bit on the Scunny game.
    No one HAS to buy the package, but if they do, they get a bit of priority over, the people who will only go to the Derby game this season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2020, 10:22:04 am »

I'm so glad that the trust is nowhere near the running of the club.
What I post on here is NOTHING to do with the Trust unless it is stated that it's from the Trust, I post as an individual.  Kiss

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #487 on: January 20, 2020, 10:29:11 am »

I didn’t realise how poor derby are on the road until I looked over the weekend - only won once all season (admittedly in the championship).
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 20, 2020, 10:49:22 am »

Looking at the online seats, there are only the following seats (all single) available:
West - 4
North - 15
East - 3
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2020, 11:35:56 am »

Barton, your idea is for people to by a ticket for the Scunny game for a chance to get priority on Derby tickets,why ? is it just to get more money out of people ? Surely the idea is to get people to a game ? not force them into buying tickets for games they dont want. The game will sell out, if they then are tempted to come to another game then great, its their choice.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2020, 12:05:09 pm »

Looking at the online seats, there are only the following seats (all single) available:
West - 4
North - 15
East - 3
And all season ticket holder seats that can’t make the Friday,poor show from the North all the same  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2020, 12:06:05 pm »

What I post on here is NOTHING to do with the Trust unless it is stated that it's from the Trust, I post as an individual.  Kiss

Fantastic. Because when ever the Trust get a bee in their sensitive bonnets about my posts, they suggest that I represent the Hotel End. I'm glad we have cleared that up.

As for your post. I... That's me BTW, not the Hotel End  Tongue Tongue agree with you entirely.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2020, 13:16:15 pm »

Barton, your idea is for people to by a ticket for the Scunny game for a chance to get priority on Derby tickets,why ? is it just to get more money out of people ? Surely the idea is to get people to a game ? not force them into buying tickets for games they dont want.e.
Like I said, no one is forced to buy the package, but, if they buy the package, surely that gets more people at the game? It was just a suggestion at what could have been done, obviously for whatever reason, NTFC decided not to do it, although they did do a similar thing when we played Man Utd a few years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #493 on: January 20, 2020, 13:21:42 pm »

Fantastic. Because when ever the Trust get a bee in their sensitive bonnets about my posts, they suggest that I represent the Hotel End. I'm glad we have cleared that up.

As for your post. I... That's me BTW, not the Hotel End  Tongue Tongue agree with you entirely.
Come on Tel, everyone knows that you're just a minion @ the Hotelend and that the power lies with the Marquis.  Tongue
As for your reply, I.... That's me BTW, not the Trust, say's thanks for your backing  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #494 on: January 20, 2020, 13:24:59 pm »

Like I said, no one is forced to buy the package, but, if they buy the package, surely that gets more people at the game? It was just a suggestion at what could have been done, obviously for whatever reason, NTFC decided not to do it, although they did do a similar thing when we played Man Utd a few years ago.

The United game bundle was buy tickets for 4 games and get pushed up the queue for United tickets. Had a decent uptake if I remember correctly.
Report Spam   Logged
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #495 on: January 20, 2020, 13:42:07 pm »

I know someone who got the bundle just for the United match. He never went to the other games so it doesn't always guarantee a bigger crowd at the other games included. But the club still got his money. As Barton said if you want a ticket you would do what you can to get a ticket.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #496 on: January 20, 2020, 14:12:40 pm »

Interesting that some Derby fans on their forum are inferring that NTFC charging £22 a ticket are somehow creaming it because the mighty Rams are rolling into town!

Whilst the general admission prices from the Prem down to National Leagues can be argued as excessive compared globally, £22 is basically the across board price for a League 2 game...Salford aside!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #497 on: January 20, 2020, 14:42:02 pm »

Come on Tel, everyone knows that you're just a minion @ the Hotelend and that the power lies with the Marquis.  Tongue
As for your reply, I.... That's me BTW, not the Trust, say's thanks for your backing  Smiley

I'll have you know I am not a minion on here... I am a minion everywhere..
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2020, 17:02:18 pm »

The United game bundle was buy tickets for 4 games and get pushed up the queue for United tickets. Had a decent uptake if I remember correctly.
slight difference between Derby in 2020 and a Ronaldo fuelled 2004 Manchester United
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest48

« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2020, 17:05:58 pm »

slight difference between Derby in 2020 and a Ronaldo fuelled 2004 Manchester United
We are talking about the Man U League Cup game in 2016.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: