The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:38:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

FA Cup 2019-20

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FA Cup 2019-20  (Read 38126 times)
CobblerForever

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #520 on: January 27, 2020, 18:36:46 pm »

Beat Derby and Man Utd and we can build the East Stand properly with the proceeds.

Derby/Cobblers v Man U bound to be on live tv.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2020, 18:46:04 pm »

If we get through, all eight ties will be played across three midweek nights from 3-5 March.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #522 on: January 27, 2020, 18:46:37 pm »

How many will we take to Pride Park now with that incentive......got mine.

It was 1400 sold by the time draw started, in less than 8 hours, so I think there’s no chance of it not selling out now!
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2020, 18:47:24 pm »

Not bloody Man Utd again...boring!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2020, 18:56:28 pm »

Date for the diary.....fifth round games are played midweek this season and there will be no replays.

If we get though then the game is more than likely to be played on Wednesday 4th March as Man U have a televised Premier League game away at Everton on Sunday 1st March. Their following game is the home derby v Man City on Sunday 8th.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2020, 08:56:25 am »

It was 1400 sold by the time draw started, in less than 8 hours, so I think there’s no chance of it not selling out now!

Even with the prospect of United in the next round I’d still be very surprised if we sold the full 5,300 ticket allocation.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2020, 09:21:03 am »

Even with the prospect of United in the next round I’d still be very surprised if we sold the full 5,300 ticket allocation.

Id be very surprised if we didn't. 7000 to MK for a 3rd round draw with Chelsea as an incentive. Hardly any Cobblers fans have been to Derby. Only an hour away. We will sell eyt. Ill bet ya one whole English peynd?!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2020, 09:30:01 am »

Id be very surprised if we didn't. 7000 to MK for a 3rd round draw with Chelsea as an incentive. Hardly any Cobblers fans have been to Derby. Only an hour away. We will sell eyt. Ill bet ya one whole English peynd?!

Inclined to agree.....we have a lot of glory hunters!!

We're at home tonight, I'll bet there are more Cobblers fans at Derby next Tuesday than there are at the PTS tonight.....
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2020, 09:35:04 am »

Inclined to agree.....we have a lot of glory hunters!!

We're at home tonight, I'll bet there are more Cobblers fans at Derby next Tuesday than there are at the PTS tonight.....

Bet declined!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2020, 09:58:55 am »

yes - a 15 minute trip for a local derby is the same as derby away
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2020, 10:56:05 am »

yes - a 15 minute trip for a local derby is the same as derby away

You presume our fans live in Northampton.

Our group of season ticket holders live in Rushden, Wellingborough, Lincoln, Market Harborough, Nottingham and Kettering.
So definitely NOT 15 minutes!

Nearly half of the tickets already sold in just over a day!..........superb.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2020, 13:06:24 pm »

It’s a big if (beating Derby) but I think the draw is incredible - exactly 50 years since we were last in the 5th round and the same opponents - also that was my first ever game. I think it’s written in the stars so lump a wedge on us to win 2-1 next Tuesday .........
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2020, 13:14:37 pm »

It’s a big if (beating Derby) but I think the draw is incredible - exactly 50 years since we were last in the 5th round and the same opponents - also that was my first ever game. I think it’s written in the stars so lump a wedge on us to win 2-1 next Tuesday .........

What were the chances? So many parallels with that Cup run

In 1969 we beat a non league team in the first round, as we did in 2019.
In 1970 we  won away in the third round....as we did in 2020
In 1970 we won the fourth round replay 2-1 after a 0-0 draw in the first game...….. 2020?
In 1970 we faced Manchester United at home in the fifth round..... 2020?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #533 on: January 28, 2020, 13:21:59 pm »

So what are the best odds and who with?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #534 on: January 28, 2020, 13:29:31 pm »

Odds won't be available until the date is confirmed
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2020, 15:04:00 pm »

Odds won't be available until the date is confirmed

No but I would guess about 4´s for any win and 14´s for low correct score
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #536 on: January 29, 2020, 20:31:13 pm »

Who was the Cobblers guy on The One Show FA Cup draw?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #537 on: January 29, 2020, 21:31:25 pm »

Not looking likely to sell out. MK was a one off, £10 tickets, short distance, local rivalry as such and Chelsea in the next round. True that Cobblers playing at Derby is a rare event so that will help swell the numbers along with the prospect of Man Utd in the next round but the distance might put a few off midweek, arranging early work finishes etc and the late night back before work next day. It's not exactly only an hour away. My sat nav suggests 1 hour 33 mins door to door and factor in getting to the motorway and the busy last couple of miles and parking and even that time seems generous. I'll be there though!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2020, 19:36:03 pm »

Who was the Cobblers guy on The One Show FA Cup draw?
If youre on Twitter,
https://twitter.com/Sab762.
If not Simon Brothers. Hes a big fan, and has big balls to go on live TV. Good man.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 03, 2020, 08:45:53 am »

Our recent run of league results has pretty much disproved the notion that a good Cup run gets in the way of a promotion push. We've even managed to sign some lads to help with the promotion run with the Cup proceeds.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: