The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:49:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oldham Away - 2 Nov 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oldham Away - 2 Nov 19  (Read 7553 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: October 31, 2019, 18:01:33 pm »

A bit of rain forecast leading up to and during the game, possibility of a postponement or does their altitude and the constant gale force wind assist with the drainage?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 18:12:54 pm »

Daft start time for my group of 4 on Saturday. Hopefully it’ll all be worthwhile with a good performance.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 21:01:38 pm »

Good last day of the season in Oldham and Manchester last time there. Not going this time round though... fair play to those travelling!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Apple User
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 23:10:03 pm »

Was going to go but wife and kid (apparently) come first what a ball ache
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 23:48:08 pm »

Fair play to anyone that wants to manage or play for Oldham .
I’m surprised they are not struggling more than they are currently .
We should be getting 3 points there but that probably means we won’t .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 09:48:28 am »

Curle will be settling for a draw but can we Oldham away?
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 09:54:47 am »

Fair play to anyone that wants to manage or play for Oldham .
I’m surprised they are not struggling more than they are currently .
We should be getting 3 points there but that probably means we won’t .
I wonder if your life is as gloomy as your posts. Have some perspective, it’s Just the Cobblers bouncing between the bottom two divisions. They’ve been doing this pretty much all my life, and I’m 58!
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 10:15:44 am »

Looking forward to this, as a new ground for me , have never managed to get there before for various reasons. Is it true it’s always cold there , as now I’m mid fifties, I am starting to feel it?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:21 am »

Looking forward to this, as a new ground for me , have never managed to get there before for various reasons. Is it true it’s always cold there , as now I’m mid fifties, I am starting to feel it?

Yeah, the wind just whips across that ground and it's been cold enough to freeze the proverbials off a brass monkey every time I've been there! Wrap up warm!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 10:55:06 am »

Second highest ground in the country behind West Brom. Probably an optical illusion but even in the sunshine it feels cold...  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3086

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 11:08:24 am »

I have been colder there than at any other football ground I have visited but I am sure the excitement will keep you thawed and imagine how good the Bovril will be at halftime.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 11:23:51 am »

I have been colder there than at any other football ground I have visited but I am sure the excitement will keep you thawed and imagine how good the Bovril will be at halftime.
Basingstoke in the FA Cup is EASILY the coldest ground and Carl Heggs still took his shirt off to celebrate!

Even in August Gillingham seemed cold.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 11:40:01 am »

Yes Basingstoke away was the coldest I've ever been at a game, never got above freezing all game, the wind chill factor really hit hard with no roof on the away end.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 11:51:10 am »

The coldest I've ever been at a match (or possibly ever) was away at Wrexham. In my mind it was a night game, but just looking at our head to head meetings I can't see any that fit, so it must just have been a dark, cold and thoroughly miserable winter afternoon. I can't even remember the result, just that I was so bloody cold and felt frozen to the spot!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 12:32:07 pm »

I’ve been numb watching the Cobblers play many times.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 15:37:39 pm »

I feel another win coming on but we will concede at last on account of crowing about clean sheets, 1-2. As for the weather, a balmy 22 with a gentle south westerly?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 15:52:59 pm »

The coldest I've ever been at a match (or possibly ever) was away at Wrexham. In my mind it was a night game, but just looking at our head to head meetings I can't see any that fit, so it must just have been a dark, cold and thoroughly miserable winter afternoon. I can't even remember the result, just that I was so bloody cold and felt frozen to the spot!
It was quite warm when we beat them 8-0 in about
1960,  standing on the cricket side.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 19:50:35 pm »

Hartlepool is a cold un when the wind blows off the North Sea ......
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 20:07:49 pm »

Hartlepool is a cold un when the wind blows off the North Sea ......

Grimsby

ps thought that Plymouth was a bit nippy as was Macclesfield
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 20:10:58 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 20:27:12 pm »

Hartlepool back in 87 for me (wasn't at Basingstoke - which clearly wins the award)...and rather coincidentally, Chippenham around five seasons ago!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: