The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 06:54:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Walsall away 15.02.20 #selloutthebescot

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walsall away 15.02.20 #selloutthebescot  (Read 21496 times)
claretparrot

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2020, 12:14:28 pm »

When my nephew got a job working at the HQ of Swedish bank in the city recently, he moved from Daventry to Bermondsey (I think) and now walks in to work. Thats a choice he exercised, it's also probably the best way of '**** the trains', ie dont use them.
I did similar many years ago when I lived in Kilburn, I used a bike to get to my work in the West End.

This is in no way aimed at you personally, but I find this kind of comment incredible. People make life choices, and/or have personal circumstances that mean they need to take public transport (often at massive expense) to get to work.

'You just shouldn't take the train' is an unhelpful and short-sighted view to take. If everyone took that advice up, how would things look? There'd be far less punters at the ground tomorrow night, for one!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2020, 12:23:15 pm »

When my nephew got a job working at the HQ of Swedish bank in the city recently, he moved from Daventry to Bermondsey (I think) and now walks in to work. Thats a choice he exercised, it's also probably the best way of '**** the trains', ie dont use them.
I did similar many years ago when I lived in Kilburn, I used a bike to get to my work in the West End.

And if you work in the City and you cannot afford to either rent or buy or just don't want to live in London?
Around me every morning and evening, the railway stations are full of commuters who use the train to travel to/from their abode to their place of work.
Using a bicycle or driving isn't an option for them.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2020, 12:24:11 pm »

People make life choices, and/or have personal circumstances that mean they need to take public transport (often at massive expense) to get to work.

Yep - with three kids settled in school and a wife whose job was based locally moving to/renting in London wasn't an option for me while I was working down there. Plus, London is a great place to visit and do touristy things but I couldn't imagine anything worse than trying to raise a family there; it's a crime-ridden, filthy, polluted, overpriced sh1thole!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2020, 12:57:04 pm »

So er. How many going on Saturday? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3338

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2020, 13:36:15 pm »

This is in no way aimed at you personally, but I find this kind of comment incredible. People make life choices, and/or have personal circumstances that mean they need to take public transport (often at massive expense) to get to work.

'You just shouldn't take the train' is an unhelpful and short-sighted view to take. If everyone took that advice up, how would things look? There'd be far less punters at the ground tomorrow night, for one!
Blimey, I didnt expect to stir up stuff to this extent, what with yourself DC and BON all taking opposing views!
My point about fcuking the trains was if they upset you to that extent it's probably better to try and do something about it (boycotting) than simply to tell an employee who's trying to do their job check8ng tickets to fcuk off.
And In response: Claret, Indeed people do make life choices and their personal circumstances are not mutually exclusive of that. Maybe my nephew gave up a long term relationship with his partner in Daventry in order to go live close enough to be able to live and walk to work for example? Your other point; If enough people who had issues with travelling by train boycotted or found other means then maybe it would force those who run the trains to improve the system. Protest and change?
DC; Its personal choice again, if you dislike the commute enough then dont take the job. If you need more money then change your lifestyle. If you like the job more than the commute do something about the commute. Everyone has a choice. Isn't that what Mr Tabasco exercisies by choosing to rent digs in Purley?
BON; So you chose to commute because there were more important issues that prevailed in your life. Moving was an option then, but one you quickly ruled out. Hell, Melbourne lives in well Melbourne, how many people would make that choice and give up family ties, the Cobblers, the Shire, a safe job, etc, for that? Quite a few I suspect.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2020, 15:41:28 pm »

Someone took your advice:  Grin
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/black-cab-stolen-london-found-northants-aid-anpr-cameras-1408360
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2020, 16:21:45 pm »

Yes. He could have been sleeping in it, as well as commuting in it.
All some people need these days is a houseboat and a Taxi.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2020, 16:46:19 pm »

So er. How many going on Saturday? Tongue

May I suggest that it depends on tomorrows result? Three defeats in a row (Derby, Vale and Swindon) might dampen spirits somewhat. A win tomorrow may keep a few more onside. Then it depends on whether the club choose to publicise it after tomorrow night. Doing it before might have kept tomorrow nights gate down as not everyone can afford to go to every game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2020, 16:54:04 pm »

I’m guessing it’ll be circa 4 figures so shall be a good day out  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2020, 20:36:48 pm »

How many tickets have we been given? Can you buy on the day? May have to make a decision late in the week. If I do go I'll drive....
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2020, 21:14:12 pm »

The trouble with Walsall has always been getting away on the train after the game. Its alright when everyone staggers their journey on the way and turn up on many different trains before the game, the fun starts when many hundred people try and get a train back and a three coach local service turns up.

The BTP are usually present at the station, and I think i'm right in saying there has been trouble outside or near the station on the last two visits there. Not the friendliest of places.

Anyway, further info for getting away after the game, services back to Birmingham are:

1704 local.....arrives into New Street at 1727....connect to 1733 from platform 1 for Northampton
1720 Additional.....into New Street at 1737....connect to 1754 from Platform 1 for Northampton
1734 local...into New Street at 1754...connect to 1814 from platform 3 for Northampton
1746 Additional (and this is the only one where you don't have to change as it forms a Euston service after arriving into New Street and will go forward to Northampton), this forms the 1814 to Northampton.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:54:28 am by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2020, 08:58:09 am »

How many tickets have we been given? Can you buy on the day? May have to make a decision late in the week. If I do go I'll drive....

The initial allocation was only 800, I've not seen it announced that we've sold these, or in fact got anywhere near to selling them..... £2 increase on the day.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3264

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2020, 05:35:19 am »

I believe the quality of our midfield has been affected greatly by injuries.

As soon as we can play the following group our performances and results should improve.

Cornell

Jones, Goode, Wharton

Hoskins, McCormack, Olayinka, Adams

Marshall

Oliver, Morton
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2020, 09:24:48 am »

Yeahhhhh about trying to sell this out  Grin thanks to the team efforts this week, that has probably taken quite the knock.

Shall be fun though  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2020, 09:33:17 am »

The club have admitted defeat too.

Rebranded

#PACKTHEBESCOT

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/february/walsall_tickets_120220/
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2020, 09:45:49 am »

weather warnings of wind (storm Dennis) could see this game postponed. Sundays games were mostly cancelled because of high winds. Just saying!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2020, 09:49:44 am »

That would be perfect. A day on the beers in Birmingham and football not ruining it. Come on Dennis.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:22 am »

Birmingham is going to be very busy on Saturday with WBA v Nottingham F (12.30 KO) and Brum v Brentford also on.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2020, 11:28:59 am »

Not sure about Curle, the t**t that thought up the name Dennis for a storm needs sacking!

Will be at St Albans, giving Joe (the Messiah...no, just a naughty boy) Laciofano some stick!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2020, 11:44:40 am »

Who’s style of football is worst ?
Curle ? Boothroyd ? Atkins ?
I actually think it could be Curle
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: