The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 12:21:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Orient Tuesday night

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orient Tuesday night  (Read 6646 times)
guest3330

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2020, 20:57:49 pm »

I don’t ever want to see joe Martin in a cobblers shirt again, utterlessly useless. As for Warburton he needs to be loaned because he is not up to it yet
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2020, 20:58:22 pm »

Exactly right, but that was preempted by an awful decision by the ref in awarding the pen.

Rise above it, get on with it......there was contact but it was minimal. That said there was a definite handball, and if it had happened in the other area we'd have been baying for the penalty.....

Perhaps our "professionalism" goes against us sometimes!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3338

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2020, 21:10:59 pm »

Rise above it, get on with it......there was contact but it was minimal. That said there was a definite handball, and if it had happened in the other area we'd have been baying for the penalty.....

Perhaps our "professionalism" goes against us sometimes!
Agree that some of the antics we get upto does us no favours.
When you are in the air there doesn't need to be much contact especially if it's from behind, to make you rotate your arms... each and every movement has an opposite, and all that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2020, 21:13:05 pm »

Poor defending to allow the cross , definite handball and a stupid sending off .
Now it has reduced our chances massively for Friday because we have no centre half options and can’t play wingbacks .
FFS . Sulking big style
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2020, 21:17:32 pm »

Poor defending to allow the cross , definite handball and a stupid sending off .
Now it has reduced our chances massively for Friday because we have no centre half options and can’t play wingbacks .
FFS . Sulking big style

Time to recall Williams from his loan spell?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2020, 21:21:14 pm »

FFS . Sulking big style

That is my take on it too. Totally gutted about that red.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2020, 21:25:58 pm »

Game of two halves. We had much the better of the first and should have put ourselves in a more commanding lead. They were also a little fortunate to get away without having a player sent off. They had the better of the second half and in the last 15-20 minutes we were hanging on a bit, but still defending well.

Then came the ref.......Christ on a bike. The booking for Cornell seemed ridiculous. Had he warned him already? He didn't seem to be doing much time-wasting to me. Then the penalty, which was a really poor decision. The Orient player just positioned himself to knock Wharton off balance and the ball hit his arm is it came across, it should have been a foul. Then the melee! Haven't seen it all on the Ifollow, but I guess you could say the ref lost control of the game.  Grin

I can't comment on whether either red was justified, but will say that the Orient number 20 slapped Watson in the face twice away from the main ruckus, which Watson didn't react to, but that in itself could have been a red card IMO.

Disappointing not to pick up the three points but not a disastrous result, with Bradford, Colchester and Crewe all drawing as well.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2020, 21:37:04 pm »

There’s a video of the incident filmed from the home end on their messageboard....silly boy Wharton grabbed their player round the neck to try and wrestle the ball away. Sky Sports showed it from the other side too.....no need to get involved.

I’d guess that both clubs will be up on a charge of failing to control their players, and a fine will be on the way too.

The ref didn’t lose control...the players lost control of themselves!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2020, 21:53:15 pm »

Poor defending to allow the cross, definite handball and a stupid sending off .
FFS . Sulking big style

Their was nothing wrong with the defending for the cross, Hoskins tried to cover it but couldn't make the ground up, then jumped to try and block the cross but the player beat him with a high ball. You're not going to stop every ball in FFS. The handball derived from a definite foul, their number 20 (who after the penalty slapped Watson twice in the face) clearly deliberately positioned himself to knock Wharton off balance, which resulted in the handball. It was arguably even a booking as it could be argued it was dangerous play.

As to the sending off, it sounds like both Wharton and their player went to retrieve the ball and it resulted in a scuffle. Unless Wharton and their player exchanged blows it might well be a harsh sending off.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2020, 21:58:04 pm »

There’s a video of the incident filmed from the home end on their messageboard....silly boy Wharton grabbed their player round the neck to try and wrestle the ball away. Sky Sports showed it from the other side too.....no need to get involved.

I’d guess that both clubs will be up on a charge of failing to control their players, and a fine will be on the way too.

The ref made a poor decision and the game looked like it was going to boil over. He didn't deal with that as he should have before the penalty was taken and that resulted in the players actions afterwards. Another s*** ref, but what do you expect at this level.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2020, 21:58:23 pm »

Well apparently only 2 players lost control and were duly sent off, all the other players behaved themselves! How do I know? Because the Referee says so and the Ref is always right! Except when awarding penalties! Angry
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 22:15:21 pm »

Are you able to post a link please as been on their WS and could not find anything. Thanks if you can!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2020, 22:23:27 pm »

It was disappointing to concede what looked a clear push on Wharton, as we had defended well until then , yet in the end we could have easily lost it. Shame Wharton will miss Fridays game, as he has been immense these last few weeks, can't see it being overturned on appeal. To be fair, although we should have been more than one up at half time , in the end ,the lads deserve some credit for keeping their composure after the sending off and seeing the game out, a year ago we would have folded and lost that, so plenty of positives.
Report Spam   Logged
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2020, 22:28:34 pm »

https://twitter.com/DanAuton2590/status/1219734891295903746
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2020, 23:17:43 pm »

Looking at it again, I'm not sure that should have been a red card. They both go to the retrieve the ball after the goal, the Orient players grabs it, Wharton reaches round to try and take it off him and then the Orient player throws himself to the floor in as embarrassing and shameful and act of simulation as you're likely to see. See when Lines goes over to him and he acts like he's seriously hurt, it's ridiculous. Wharton then gets pinned to the ground by their player and is not involved in the melee afterwards, where there is plenty of pushing, shoving and face-slapping, then what is he sent off for? No way should that be classed as violent conduct. In fact I can't see how their player was sent off for violent conduct. He should get a ban for being a diving and melee-inciting c*** I guess.

I hope the club puts in an appeal.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2020, 04:58:46 am »

Yes Wharton was pushed in the face earlier by two hands of the Orient player....ref takes no action!
Yes Wharton was pushed in the back resulting in his arms going in the air.....ref takes the wrong action!
Yes Wharton throws the Orient player to the ground......ref takes correct action.

Now Derby!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2020, 05:55:46 am »

FFS . Sulking big style

I wouldn’t be surprised if he went with either Martin or RHJ (or I suppose Harriman) as one of the 3 centre backs on Friday - none of them would be the answer. As others have suggested a better option would be to recall Jay Williams but he seems out of favour. Alternatively he could bring someone in but that’s unlikely due to time restraints.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2020, 06:04:39 am »

I wouldn’t be surprised if he went with either Martin or RHJ (or I suppose Harriman) as one of the 3 centre backs on Friday - none of them would be the answer. As others have suggested a better option would be to recall Jay Williams but he seems out of favour. Alternatively he could bring someone in but that’s unlikely due to time restraints.

Hopefully not Martin. The main reason I don't rate him at wing/full back is his complete lack of pace. The Derby forwards will have him on toast as part of a back three.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2020, 06:41:16 am »

Hopefully not Martin. The main reason I don't rate him at wing/full back is his complete lack of pace. The Derby forwards will have him on toast as part of a back three.

I completely agree but Curle seems to like him and he’s part of the Senior players unit that seemingly police the dressing room. If it’s a choice between him and RHJ I would go with the latter despite not rating him either. My preference would be Jay Williams but I can’t see it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2020, 07:40:05 am »

Their was nothing wrong with the defending for the cross, Hoskins tried to cover it but couldn't make the ground up, then jumped to try and block the cross but the player beat him with a high ball. You're not going to stop every ball in FFS. The handball derived from a definite foul, their number 20 (who after the penalty slapped Watson twice in the face) clearly deliberately positioned himself to knock Wharton off balance, which resulted in the handball. It was arguably even a booking as it could be argued it was dangerous play.

As to the sending off, it sounds like both Wharton and their player went to retrieve the ball and it resulted in a scuffle. Unless Wharton and their player exchanged blows it might well be a harsh sending off.
Wrong in every respect .
Hoskins didn’t block the cross or make it difficult .
It was definite handball .
It was a sending off for grabbing round the neck .
Let’s move on .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: