The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:30:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindon Town (Home) 11.02.20

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindon Town (Home) 11.02.20  (Read 7485 times)
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2020, 23:08:13 pm »

Probably add Salford to the list of those above us in the wages stakes......but then i'd be struggling to pick another team who i'd know would have a bigger budget.

Bradford, Plymouth, Swindon, Salford, Mansfield, Sc***horpe, Walsall? Even FGR are rumoured to have a high wage bill.

Truth is, nobody knows what their wage bills and budgets are unless the respective clubs publish them, though I'm happy to be corrected on that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2020, 05:47:56 am »

I think EVEN YOU could put a squad of players together, it’s getting them to play that’s the skill.
We have employed MANY professional managers who could not put a good squad together.

Obviously I want to see a better quality of football but from Curle's perspective he is judged by results. The League table does not have a column showing a percentage for how pretty the football is, else Austin would still be employed!

With a reduced budget KC has done well with what he has but I hope in the near future more football evolves.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2020, 06:44:12 am »

Bradford, Plymouth, Swindon, Salford, Mansfield, Sc***horpe, Walsall? Even FGR are rumoured to have a high wage bill.

Truth is, nobody knows what their wage bills and budgets are unless the respective clubs publish them, though I'm happy to be corrected on that.

year-end accounts?
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2020, 07:06:36 am »

year-end accounts?

It’s highly unlikely that any balance sheet is going to directly show money spent on wages.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:02 am »

year-end accounts?

End of the Financial Year (31 Mar) and probably published sometime prior to Christmas...so wouldn't reflect the current season yet.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2020, 07:27:59 am »

We have the budget and the squad to enable promotion .
What we don’t have is a manager that is prepared to play intelligent football . It’s prehistoric and there’s a reason no one adopts the Wimbledon philosophy any more - because it’s easy to pick off and isn’t scaleable.
Furthermore , we become more Neanderthal every game that passes .
It’s not acceptable to me quite honestly
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2020, 07:55:27 am »

It’s highly unlikely that any balance sheet is going to directly show money spent on wages.
Here’s one to make your eyes water, it’s a full breakdown of our FA cup opponents Derby.
http://financialfootballnews.com/category/derby/
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2020, 08:28:12 am »

Here’s one to make your eyes water, it’s a full breakdown of our FA cup opponents Derby.

Some interesting figures in there but shows we are literally in a different league by comparison.

Key figures included total revenue of £29.1m and total costs of £75.8m so hardly sustainable and only made possible by the sale of Pride Park and continued willingness of Morris to subsidise the club.

Wages alone soared to £46.8 (and this is before Ronney's signing), against gate receipts of £9.3m, broadcasting revenue of £8.3m and commercial revenue of £9.9m.

So what is our total revenue £2.5 to £3m max ?
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2020, 09:09:58 am »

We have the budget and the squad to enable promotion .
What we don’t have is a manager that is prepared to play intelligent football . It’s prehistoric and there’s a reason no one adopts the Wimbledon philosophy any more - because it’s easy to pick off and isn’t scaleable.
Furthermore , we become more Neanderthal every game that passes .
It’s not acceptable to me quite honestly

Yet fans are generally happy. The FB post from the club about how far we've come in a year had a combined total of 301 likes and loves and the majority of posts are supportive. Large numbers of fans are travelling to away games to support the team, so from the Club's POV, more fans are happy than aren't.

Keith Curle's contract is up at the end of the season, I'd be very surprised if he isn't given another two years.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2020, 09:10:47 am »

Not as helpful as you may think because the wage bill is for the entire club (including all of the staff who work in the offices behind a desk). It doesn't tell you what the wage budget for players is.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2020, 09:15:20 am »

Back in the summer, I thought we'd finish between 7th - 14th. I think we will still finish around those places.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2020, 09:26:58 am »

Back in the summer, I thought we'd finish between 7th - 14th. I think we will still finish around those places.

And would that be a success? If so, based on what? Where we were a year ago? Considering the budget cut? That's about where a club like ours should be?

Everyone has different expectations, some fans are just happy that they still have a club to support, some see the playoffs as a job well done, some still remember the 5 year plan to be in the Championship!
Some accept that we are a yo-yo club, some expect a lot more.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2995

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2020, 09:29:25 am »

Yet fans are generally happy. The FB post from the club about how far we've come in a year had a combined total of 301 likes and loves and the majority of posts are supportive. Large numbers of fans are travelling to away games to support the team, so from the Club's POV, more fans are happy than aren't.

Keith Curle's contract is up at the end of the season, I'd be very surprised if he isn't given another two years.
I wouldn’t be surprised either . But it will result in another season when I don’t buy a season ticket from me. Facebook likes mean nothing and I wasn’t fooled or Impressed by that bit of spinning from the club yesterday ! Last season was a failure and so it was no barometer
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2020, 09:36:23 am »

I wouldn’t be surprised either . But it will result in another season when I don’t buy a season ticket from me. Facebook likes mean nothing and I wasn’t fooled or Impressed by that bit of spinning from the club yesterday ! Last season was a failure and so it was no barometer

You should know how to spot spin, being that you're the king of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2020, 09:37:10 am »

4 years ago today we won 4 0 away at Orient making that 7 wins in a row (3 more still to come).

That's the progress barometer I'd use.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest48

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2020, 09:53:28 am »

If he gets a new contract or not , I really can't understand why we would give him a 2 year contract, it's not as if anyone would come in for him even if we won the League. Calderwood and Wilder were "up & coming" managers when they were at NTFC, KC doesn't fit that mould. A 1 year rolling contract really should be the norm at our level, 2 and 3 year contracts handed out result in our level of debt
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:41 am »

And would that be a success? If so, based on what? Where we were a year ago? Considering the budget cut? That's about where a club like ours should be?

Everyone has different expectations, some fans are just happy that they still have a club to support, some see the playoffs as a job well done, some still remember the 5 year plan to be in the Championship!

My expectation is for us to bounce between the third and fourth divisions, my hope is that we spend more time in the third than the fourth.
If I wanted to have a greater level of expectation, I would dedicate my time and funds to watching someone a bit closer to where I live.  
But I was chosen, like the majority on here, to support this football club for life.
It would be nice to have an occasional excursion into something higher but that is not my expectation.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2020, 10:28:03 am »

no balance sheet would show that!?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2020, 10:32:32 am »

I once made a post on Facebook that received 60k likes. These days, I barely use the platform and yet I still have posts on my page showing 16k and 18k likes. All I'm saying is, 301 likes for a club the size of NTFC doesn't amount to much.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2020, 10:41:40 am »

I didn't say it would be a success or I'd be happy  Huh? I just said that is what I predicted.

At the start of the season, a potential play off place was very much seen as being a real achievement.

As of 16 games to go, we were in a place where 2 points/game would've stood a strong chance of landing us a top 3 place. That is not expected to be achievable now, but we should have it in us to finish in the top 7.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: