The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:11:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindon Town (Home) 11.02.20

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindon Town (Home) 11.02.20  (Read 7489 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2020, 10:44:45 am »

I once made a post on Facebook that received 60k likes. These days, I barely use the platform and yet I still have posts on my page showing 16k and 18k likes. All I'm saying is, 301 likes for a club the size of NTFC doesn't amount to much.

What's yr Facebook ID?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2020, 11:18:20 am »

Some interesting figures in there but shows we are literally in a different league by comparison.

Key figures included total revenue of £29.1m and total costs of £75.8m so hardly sustainable and only made possible by the sale of Pride Park and continued willingness of Morris to subsidise the club.

Wages alone soared to £46.8 (and this is before Ronney's signing), against gate receipts of £9.3m, broadcasting revenue of £8.3m and commercial revenue of £9.9m.

So what is our total revenue £2.5 to £3m max ?
Our wages are circa £2m although it could be less this year as we’ve offloaded some of the bigger earners we won’t know until March when the club have to report financial fair play numbers to the EFL.
We are allowed to spend 55% of out turnover on wages.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2020, 11:41:52 am »

I once made a post on Facebook that received 60k likes. These days, I barely use the platform and yet I still have posts on my page showing 16k and 18k likes. All I'm saying is, 301 likes for a club the size of NTFC doesn't amount to much.

I'd say the reaction and the number of likes and loves in the small amount of time is pretty significant and shows that the majority of fans are content with Keith Curle in charge as well as Charlie Goode launching the ball as far as he can using his boot from inside his own half or from his hands on the touchline.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest3338

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2020, 14:27:16 pm »

If he gets a new contract or not , I really can't understand why we would give him a 2 year contract, it's not as if anyone would come in for him even if we won the League. Calderwood and Wilder were "up & coming" managers when they were at NTFC, KC doesn't fit that mould. A 1 year rolling contract really should be the norm at our level, 2 and 3 year contracts handed out result in our level of debt
If we don't renew Curles contract at the end of the season (I think we will), I wouldn't be surprised if he walked straight into another league two management position. Everyone keeps going on about him having no promotions on his CV but you also have to look at who he's managed, the budgets he has worked with and the finishing positions. He might be able to hold his hands up and correctly claim he's one of the better managers in the division given his experience, his average finishing (step up Clarence/GPC) and the fact he's not suffered a relegation. I imagine there will be several chairman in the division who's first priority will be to stay in the league and thats one thing I would be confident of Curle being able to provide given his percentages style of football.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2020, 15:33:33 pm »

If we don't renew Curles contract at the end of the season (I think we will), I wouldn't be surprised if he walked straight into another league two management position. Everyone keeps going on about him having no promotions on his CV but you also have to look at who he's managed, the budgets he has worked with and the finishing positions. He might be able to hold his hands up and correctly claim he's one of the better managers in the division given his experience, his average finishing (step up Clarence/GPC) and the fact he's not suffered a relegation. I imagine there will be several chairman in the division who's first priority will be to stay in the league and thats one thing I would be confident of Curle being able to provide given his percentages style of football.
He'll be 57 this year, he's managed Mansfield, Notts County and Carlisle in League 2, they are not small clubs, also he was relegated with Torquay in 2007. Admittedly the owners of Stevenage , Morecambe and Macclesfield would like a manager who will keep you up, but with all due respect to those clubs, we get over 3 times more fans for every game than they do. I didn't say I wouldn't renew his contract, I said I wouldn't give him, or anyone else, a 2 or 3 year contract, that's what has run up the NTFC debts.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2020, 15:38:27 pm »

If we give Curle a new contract, along with the failed east stand project it just shows the complete lack of ambition our owners have. Furthermore id match their ambition by not renewing my season ticket next season, some may be happy just to see 3 points , I cant stand another season of that dross
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2020, 16:54:52 pm »

He'll be 57 this year, he's managed Mansfield, Notts County and Carlisle in League 2, they are not small clubs, also he was relegated with Torquay in 2007. Admittedly the owners of Stevenage , Morecambe and Macclesfield would like a manager who will keep you up, but with all due respect to those clubs, we get over 3 times more fans for every game than they do. I didn't say I wouldn't renew his contract, I said I wouldn't give him, or anyone else, a 2 or 3 year contract, that's what has run up the NTFC debts.

Isn't Curle on a 1 year contract? If we finish in the top 7 I'd renew it for just the 1 season again.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2020, 17:12:40 pm »

It seems to have gone a bit pear shaped since David Kelly left. He appeared to give players more advice during games than his replacement Ronnie Jepson does. Could there be anything in this? And do we know why he left, other than by mutual consent  Huh? 
Gone pear shape since the FA cup loss. We are not alone though. Ourselves, Oxford and Shrewsbury have amassed two points from a possible eighteen since our exits. still worth it though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2020, 18:43:40 pm »

Isn't Curle on a 1 year contract? If we finish in the top 7 I'd renew it for just the 1 season again.
His contract was just under 2 years, I think
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2020, 21:40:09 pm »

Didn't realize he had been relegated with Torquay.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2020, 22:49:06 pm »

Cornell never comes for crosses. Never. The Port Vale goal was much worse though, atrocious. His positioning totally wrong (again) as it looks for the the goal last night, with him scrambling across his goal for a cross across his 6 yard box? Wharton even didn't jump for the ball on purpose, IMO because it looked as if Cornell was letting it go as if there was no danger. That's two games on the trot the oppositions keeper looked a class above the one between our sticks.

As I said earlier, they were the better team, but that includes the keeper just as much as any other player.
Outstanding tosh
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2020, 21:05:57 pm »

Outstanding tosh

In the Swindon game their goalie had a chance to shine whilst poor old Cornell might as well have just sat on the bench for a few? mins. JaO!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2020, 21:09:32 pm »

Outstanding tosh

Uncle Clarrie returning to form Grin
Report Spam   Logged

BMON

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2020, 20:50:29 pm »

Calm down

still love ya see you at the next one
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2020, 21:07:51 pm »

Outstanding tosh

I see Cornell did well dealing with crosses again today.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: