The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:40:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Out of contract

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of contract  (Read 25051 times)
CobblerForever

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2020, 10:57:06 am »

Just in case any of us think Keith is limited we currently have Hasselbaink being treated as a talking head for the Leeds v Cardiff game about to start. Curle over Hasselbaink any time.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2020, 13:06:37 pm »

Just in case any of us think Keith is limited we currently have Hasselbaink being treated as a talking head for the Leeds v Cardiff game about to start. Curle over Hasselbaink any time.

agreed

trying to win games, by whatever method is much better than sitting back and accepting a slow painful death every game
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2020, 18:24:23 pm »

agreed

trying to win games, by whatever method is much better than sitting back and accepting a slow painful death every game

In the current climate KT will take L2 midtable Keith as the safe option next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2020, 20:00:44 pm »

agreed

It would have been interesting to see what would’ve happened if KC’s period in charge with his anti-football style had coincided with Bayo being at the club, get the feeling it could have been very successful but painful to watch.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2020, 09:53:47 am »

It would have been interesting to see what would’ve happened if KC’s period in charge with his anti-football style had coincided with Bayo being at the club, get the feeling it could have been very successful but painful to watch.

Don't we already know the answer to that? Boothroyd got us to a playoff final playing anti-football and with bayo up top. He was also a stubborn manager who inexplicably dropped bayo for the final.

We lost the final spectacularly and we all know how the following season went.

There are many parallels to this season. I just hope Keith sets us up correctly for the final.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2020, 11:08:56 am »

Don't we already know the answer to that? Boothroyd got us to a playoff final playing anti-football and with bayo up top. He was also a stubborn manager who inexplicably dropped bayo for the final.

We lost the final spectacularly and we all know how the following season went.

There are many parallels to this season. I just hope Keith sets us up correctly for the final.

Different set of players for a start so that’s one parallel debunked. We have played Exeter twice and won 3-4 aggregate so that’s another parallel debunked. Our form to Wembley with Boothroyd was poor. Even the two legged affair with Chelts was disappointing. Based on Monday’s game form and confidence is good. Personally I think your parallel scenario is without basis or fact. As an Admin suggested too many Managers on here full of personal comments on how to manage a team. Then those opinions where shattered by KC on Monday. The only parallel you have is with Cov-19 as that could influence both teams selection.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2020, 11:28:59 am »

Different set of players for a start so that’s one parallel debunked. We have played Exeter twice and won 3-4 aggregate so that’s another parallel debunked. Our form to Wembley with Boothroyd was poor. Even the two legged affair with Chelts was disappointing. Based on Monday’s game form and confidence is good. Personally I think your parallel scenario is without basis or fact. As an Admin suggested too many Managers on here full of personal comments on how to manage a team. Then those opinions where shattered by KC on Monday. The only parallel you have is with Cov-19 as that could influence both teams selection.

I don't think you understand what Parallels means in this context. Just because you highlight some differences it doesn't jut erase the similarities.

We have made the playoffs with a manger that splits opinion. Playing a brand of football that sections of the fanbase do not like. The play relies heavily on set pieces and utilises throw-ins and hitting 'good areas' of the pitch early. These are all parallels to the Boothroyd season that resulted in the last visit to Wembley. The fact that we currently have different players to that season doesn't erase the above points.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2020, 13:19:02 pm »

I don't think you understand what Parallels means in this context. Just because you highlight some differences it doesn't jut erase the similarities.

We have made the playoffs with a manger that splits opinion. Playing a brand of football that sections of the fanbase do not like. The play relies heavily on set pieces and utilises throw-ins and hitting 'good areas' of the pitch early. These are all parallels to the Boothroyd season that resulted in the last visit to Wembley. The fact that we currently have different players to that season doesn't erase the above points.

Beginning to think you have used parallels in error - when 'similarities' is more grammatically correct and accurate!  The differences you say don't erase the argument is a proposal of convenience. The differences prior to Monday alone demolish your argument. You should be aware that during the season
the team have raised their game several times so that should be a factor to consider prior to forming opinions on. As far as I can remember of Boothroyds season(s) there were very few if any of mitigating examples of decent displays. That run in compounded with the loss to York quickly followed by a truly negative display at Wycombe summarised Boothroyds season. This season we have had several decent displays which alone dismantles your paralled theory. Like the way you ignore the Covid-19 pandemic which ironically throws form out of the window as proved by last Monday.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2020, 13:27:32 pm »

Beginning to think you have used parallels in error - when 'similarities' is more grammatically correct and accurate!  The differences you say don't erase the argument is a proposal of convenience. The differences prior to Monday alone demolish your argument. You should be aware that during the season
the team have raised their game several times so that should be a factor to consider prior to forming opinions on. As far as I can remember of Boothroyds season(s) there were very few if any of mitigating examples of decent displays. That run in compounded with the loss to York quickly followed by a truly negative display at Wycombe summarised Boothroyds season. This season we have had several decent displays which alone dismantles your paralled theory. Like the way you ignore the Covid-19 pandemic which ironically throws form out of the window as proved by last Monday.

noun
plural noun: parallels
a person or thing that is similar or analogous to another.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2020, 08:40:03 am »

Not just transfer fees and players wages that come into any financial decisions on players:
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-spending-agent-fees-revealed-2894675
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2020, 12:56:19 pm »

KC will have a busy day tomorrow with 18 player's contracts expiring. They are Cornell, Hall-Johnson, Turnbull, J.Williams, Harriman, McCormack, S.McWilliams, Hoskins, Anderson, Marshall, Oliver, A.Williams, Pollock, Whaler, Newell, Hughes, c.McWilliams, and Lashley. I can see several being offered new contracts but with some it may depend in which division we are playing.
Under contract for next season we have Arnold, Martin, Watson, Lines, Adams, Warburton, Roberts and Johnston. Goode and Smith are contracted for 2 more seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2020, 20:20:28 pm »

Who do we want to keep for League one then? Oliver definitely. McCormack probably. Hoskins sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2020, 20:46:21 pm »

Prepare for some of the youngsters to leave, as for contracted players wouldn't be surprised to see Warburton leave. First up KC new 2yrs contract,
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2020, 07:04:45 am »

KC will have a busy day tomorrow with 18 player's contracts expiring. They are Cornell, Hall-Johnson, Turnbull, J.Williams, Harriman, McCormack, S.McWilliams, Hoskins, Anderson, Marshall, Oliver, A.Williams, Pollock, Whaler, Newell, Hughes, c.McWilliams, and Lashley. I can see several being offered new contracts but with some it may depend in which division we are playing.
Under contract for next season we have Arnold, Martin, Watson, Lines, Adams, Warburton, Roberts and Johnston. Goode and Smith are contracted for 2 more seasons.

I've done a strikethrough of the players who I'd definitely release. Harriman is TBC. I left off the kids as I doubt many will go. I can't see Jay Williams getting a new contract though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2020, 07:49:36 am »

Hopefully Goode will stay now and there might be a possibility of both Wharton and even Morton playing in a division above. Olyanka might also be a good loan acquisition for a season .
Not the right time to talk about who to release today - everyone has done us proud over the last week
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2020, 08:39:43 am »

I think that it is inevitable that hall-Johnson, Cornell, Andy Williams (and probably Jay Williams for that matter) and Anderson will get released, question marks over Shaun McWilliams but he may get a short term deal while he recuperates, Marshall was outstanding last night and might warrant another year and I think Harriman is very underrated and is definitely worth another contract as he has played at league one level most of his career. Don’t know about the other young players but Turnbull, Hoskins, Oliver and McCormack are all no-brainers - the only proviso may well be that they might have better offers elsewhere on the table.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2020, 09:49:47 am »

Hopefully Goode will stay now and there might be a possibility of both Wharton and even Morton playing in a division above. Olyanka might also be a good loan acquisition for a season .
Not the right time to talk about who to release today - everyone has done us proud over the last week

Reading this gives me a shiver of excitement. Add a couple of years for the boss.

You could not have written this if we had lost.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2020, 10:22:12 am »

I did make a sort-of prophetic joke at this stage last season that we should put a bid in for a certain Nicky Adams who doesn't appear to want to play in L1, having left both us and Bury after promotion. Well since I posted that and he did indeed leave Bury again for us (although them not paying him certainly helped) I can't help but wonder what his plans are this time around.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2020, 10:53:14 am »

There will be massive downward pressure on wages this summer across the lower leagues, and I expect even those retained will be looking some sort of wage reduction.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2020, 11:37:43 am »

I did make a sort-of prophetic joke at this stage last season that we should put a bid in for a certain Nicky Adams who doesn't appear to want to play in L1, having left both us and Bury after promotion. Well since I posted that and he did indeed leave Bury again for us (although them not paying him certainly helped) I can't help but wonder what his plans are this time around.

He did joke about it last night during interview but said that he'll stay this time.

Joel Byrom has tweeted: "Congratulations NTFC. Nicky Adams will have his CV sent out to all League Two managers by the morning. It's too windy in League One!"   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: