The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:33:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Out of contract

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of contract  (Read 25039 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2020, 13:17:05 pm »

Perhaps we should be hoping that WBA get promoted to the prem. as it would give us more chance of getting Morton back next season. I doubt they see him being ready for the prem. and as we have moved up a division and he has appeared to enjoy being with us we must then have a good chance.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2020, 19:42:29 pm »

Perhaps we should be hoping that WBA get promoted to the prem. as it would give us more chance of getting Morton back next season. I doubt they see him being ready for the prem. and as we have moved up a division and he has appeared to enjoy being with us we must then have a good chance.

if it was the Championship a good chance.  But he will probably play for WBA for remainder of this season  and then see how he does. Should be interesting!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2020, 19:48:38 pm »

GIVE MARK MARSHALL A NEW CONTRACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2020, 20:33:06 pm »

GIVE MARK MARSHALL A NEW CONTRACT.

So much this. Seemed to be able to beat full backs with ease.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2020, 20:53:39 pm »

So much this. Seemed to be able to beat full backs with ease.

Came on and did the job well. His simple pass to Hoskins was class who put it away with aplomb. The thing is that the Exeter full backs were not up to much. Sterner tests ahead?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2020, 22:34:51 pm »

Came on and did the job well. His simple pass to Hoskins was class who put it away with aplomb. The thing is that the Exeter full backs were not up to much. Sterner tests ahead?
Aplomb... reckon only ever used in football  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2020, 23:04:58 pm »

I think we should do everything we can to keep the XI who played the last two games, including loanees.

Marshall also deserving of a new deal.

Build from there and replace as appropriate.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2020, 02:33:42 am »

if it was the Championship a good chance.  But he will probably play for WBA for remainder of this season  and then see how he does. Should be interesting!

I doubt it very much, and he cannot represent WBA in the play-offs if they drop into it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2020, 07:34:54 am »

KC will have a busy day tomorrow with 18 player's contracts expiring. They are Cornell, Hall-Johnson, Turnbull, J.Williams, Harriman, McCormack, S.McWilliams, Hoskins, Anderson, Marshall, Oliver, A.Williams, Pollock, Whaler, Newell, Hughes, c.McWilliams, and Lashley. I can see several being offered new contracts but with some it may depend in which division we are playing.
Under contract for next season we have Arnold, Martin, Watson, Lines, Adams, Warburton, Roberts and Johnston. Goode and Smith are contracted for 2 more seasons.
I think one of the issues here is that some of the players who are still in contract are the weakest and the ones that should be moved on .
For example , Smith , Lines , Martin and Warburton . It’s questionable if these are division 2 standard let alone division 1 .
McCormack is a difficult one . He should really only be offered a new contract on a pay per play basis .
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2020, 12:07:04 pm »

I think one of the issues here is that some of the players who are still in contract are the weakest and the ones that should be moved on .
For example , Smith , Lines , Martin and Warburton . It’s questionable if these are division 2 standard let alone division 1 .
McCormack is a difficult one . He should really only be offered a new contract on a pay per play basis .

Broadly I agree with you and credit for mentioning the elephant in the room - McCormack. I wouldn't offer a renewal as he's the past and we need to back the younger players. He's done a fine job for us but he doesn't last 90 minutes generally and has missed a lot of games.

Curle has been using Smith to replace Oliver when he's started to flag. Is this how it needs to be or is Oliver carrying a minor injury he can manage from game to game and recover from now ? Oliver is certainly pivotal to all we do going forward.

On the evidence of the playoff final I'd favour Marshall over Adams. That's only one game though and Marshall had the considerable advantage of playing against a side that appeared to have lost it's way and mostly only had 10 players on the pitch.

It all depends on the Budget of course. It would be great to keep Wharton, Turnbull, Arnold and Goode together but three of those could well not be here next season (Goode - probably our most marketable asset, Turnbull out of contract and Wharton not ours anyway).

I'd want to keep Hoskins and the younger lads with potential. Harriman is a keeper at the right price as well. Morton would be an excellent signing and delight everyone.

Perhaps Curle has a rabbit or two to pull out of his hat. We are after all a League One side now.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2020, 14:06:40 pm »

As I understand things it’s no surprise we don’t know whose staying or going as technically we are managerless as Keith Curle was only contracted to June 30th and the fact a new deal hasn’t been signed suggests he’s off elsewhere....
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2020, 14:17:00 pm »

As I understand things it’s no surprise we don’t know whose staying or going as technically we are managerless as Keith Curle was only contracted to June 30th and the fact a new deal hasn’t been signed suggests he’s off elsewhere....

I took it from interviews with Curle that they were waiting for the season to be over before sorting out his contract then they would follow that with the players. As Curle said it was unfair for players to know their options without knowing who the manager was. I would be suprised if he goes elsewhere unless KT doesn't offer him a new deal. It's his first promotion and I would have thought he would like to see where he can take us to.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2020, 14:28:58 pm »

KC is doing player interviews this week, I assume from that that he's staying?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2020, 14:39:18 pm »

Not if the sixfields pen has gone missing again......
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2020, 14:40:17 pm »

Not if the sixfields pen has gone missing again......

The infamous... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2020, 14:47:43 pm »

The infamous... Grin
Grin  Grin  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2020, 15:43:35 pm »

Curle's interview after the match on Quest suggested that he was excited by the prospect of making the Cobblers a top half of League 1 side and he would be looking for another promotion.

It sounds like it's down to the Chairman to offer something appropriate.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2020, 15:49:20 pm »

Aplomb... reckon only ever used in football  Smiley
And Scrabble
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2020, 16:14:00 pm »

Curle's interview after the match on Quest suggested that he was excited by the prospect of making the Cobblers a top half of League 1 side and he would be looking for another promotion.

It sounds like it's down to the Chairman to offer something appropriate.
That's the impression I got as well.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2020, 16:17:24 pm »

Expecting managerial contract announcement and retained list by the end of the week....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: