The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 08:43:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Next up: Stags visit the PTS on Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next up: Stags visit the PTS on Saturday  (Read 8539 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2020, 16:48:43 pm »

Well some team were going to benefit from KC's stupid tactic of leaving only one back, EVERY TEAM in the League knows that you leave one more than the opposition back, in case someone f**ks up , like Sam did today. You also have to ask why our leading scorer is doing a defensive job when we have a corner !!
     We've got away with it a few times this season but today, it cost us two goals and a red card, it's a stupid tactic Keith, that's why no one else does it, you're not out thinking anyone. You would have thought that after getting caught out the first time he would learn not to do it again, but no, KC the tactical genius, carries on and we get caught again. I won't insult schoolboys but it REALLY is a p*ss poor idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2020, 16:51:45 pm »

Hoskins always gets caught in possession, this time it proved hugely expensive.

Putting that aside. The rest of the squad did nothing to help the situation. Nearly every senior pro lost their discipline. There was no need for us to disappear out of the game from the sending off. Any shape or organisation went out the window, and was replaced with a series of personal vendettas and petty squabbling.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2020, 16:55:18 pm »

Well some team were going to benefit from KC's stupid tactic of leaving only one back, EVERY TEAM in the League knows that you leave one more than the opposition back, in case someone f**ks up , like Sam did today. You also have to ask why our leading scorer is doing a defensive job when we have a corner !!
     We've got away with it a few times this season but today, it cost us two goals and a red card, it's a stupid tactic Keith, that's why no one else does it, you're not out thinking anyone. You would have thought that after getting caught out the first time he would learn not to do it again, but no, KC the tactical genius, carries on and we get caught again. I won't insult schoolboys but it REALLY is a p*ss poor idea.

I agree entirely,  the most stupid “tactical” innovation I can think of - and he is so stubborn that we will keep doing it and he will continue to think he’s the next pep guardiola.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2020, 17:03:40 pm »

Leaving one back is ridiculous .
We conceded one goal from it today and Marshall was then caught twice with the same situation afterwards.
Swindon and port vale also exploited it .
I would say we have conceded more from that tactic than scored from it .
Well done Keith - genius .
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2020, 17:15:09 pm »

Summary of today.

Peter Wright was s***e.

End of summary.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2020, 17:41:51 pm »

Like I’ve already said, the ref was awful but we have a real issue with our game management and lack of discipline when we come up against the likes of Wright and Breakspear. I was so disappointed with Goode and McCormack today - their reactions gave a bad example that the majority of their colleagues seemed to pick up on.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2020, 17:53:24 pm »

People and the Chron saying that "the ref lost control"......no, actually the players lost control. What was needed? The ref to dish out a few more yellows? Send another one or two off?

In the fair play table we are the 23rd most disciplined team, and Mansfield are 22nd! No surprise the game panned out like it did today.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3063

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2020, 18:14:43 pm »

Quite how anyone can defend Hoskins after that I do not know. When his clearance was charged down there were 2 defenders and one striker. Just draw him and slip it to the side. Simple. The guy is a headless chicken. Clueless.

We’ll be better off without him.

You're back - after a defeat  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2020, 18:16:01 pm »

Summary of today.

Peter Wright was s***e.

End of summary.

Correct.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2020, 18:19:28 pm »

I agree entirely,  the most stupid “tactical” innovation I can think of - and he is so stubborn that we will keep doing it and he will continue to think he’s the next pep guardiola.

Stupid or brave  Huh? It gives us overloads in the box. I have no problem with it.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2020, 18:20:56 pm »

Madness by Curle.  Keeping only Hoskins at the back, a player who can neither tackle not head the ball has been an accident waiting to happen and it did today.  

But more important the football on show is plainly awful and this is more often he case than not.  To describe KC's brand of football as agricultural would be unfair to the farming community.  Another season of KC whichever division we are in fills me with dread.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2020, 18:23:04 pm »

A funny one today. It was all us in the opening exchanges then they broke down the field and Sammy presumably decided to "take one for the team". It was definitely a foul but looked comfortably outside of the area to me and, even if it was inside, to give the double whammy of a penalty AND a sending off was harsh and the first example of some of the dreadful refereeing that followed.

You can't put it all on the ref though; as soon as the sending off happened we lost our heads, especially in the 10 minute period that followed. I thought McCormack was having a decent game but he had to be taken off or we'd have ended up with 9 men on the pitch. Once we calmed down a bit I thought we were still on the front foot for most of the game. They threatened on the break and caught us out a couple of times that we got away with and then on the third time we weren't so lucky. I guess our tactic of only leaving one player back backfired on us today. Whether you see it as naive or a positive move to commit players forward is, I guess, a matter of personal opinion.

On the plus side, we kept plugging away, Smith looked very good when he came on, we didn't sign that repugnant little weasel Danny Rose in the transfer window and, despite the result, I actually really enjoyed the blood and thunder nature of the game today!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2020, 18:24:29 pm »

Stupid or brave  Huh? It gives us overloads in the box. I have no problem with it.

Really? It’s all about opinions I suppose but as Barton has pointed out if the delivery isn’t right, as it hasn’t been recently, it is a risk not worth taking and we have been living on borrowed time for a while. Again, like others have said if it is such a tactical master stroke then how come I have never seen any team in any league leave 1 on 1 from an attacking set piece when they are level?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2020, 18:32:46 pm »

Really? It’s all about opinions I suppose but as Barton has pointed out if the delivery isn’t right, as it hasn’t been recently, it is a risk not worth taking and we have been living on borrowed time for a while. Again, like others have said if it is such a tactical master stroke then how come I have never seen any team in any league leave 1 on 1 from an attacking set piece when they are level?

Yes, really. It's good to see a manager taking a risk to score a goal. Unfortunately, there will be times when it goes wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2020, 18:56:16 pm »

Just watched it and it was definitely in the box although the foul was started outside, there was no attempt to play the ball, correct decision for both the penalty and red card.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2020, 19:01:13 pm »

Yes, really. It's good to see a manager taking a risk to score a goal. Unfortunately, there will be times when it goes wrong.

Fair enough, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2020, 19:01:53 pm »

It ain't that we only left one back, more that the one was Hoskins!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2020, 19:03:37 pm »

Just watched it and it was definitely in the box although the foul was started outside, there was no attempt to play the ball, correct decision for both the penalty and red card.

He was still sh!t.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2020, 19:08:13 pm »

He was still sh!t.

I'll take your word for it, I wasn't there... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2020, 19:24:51 pm »

On the plus side, we now can't finish any lower than 22nd.  Cheesy

Even a last minute reprieve for Bury won't relegate us now!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: