The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 19:09:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Coronavirus COVID 19?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID 19?  (Read 23411 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2020, 22:14:25 pm »

Try to keep it civil please.

Report Spam   Logged
Why?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2020, 03:32:23 am »

Be grateful that you live in a country that:

1) Only tests people in Acute Care.... so no-one actually knows (especially the scientists making the "decisions") who may or may not have the disease.
2) Has fewer acute care beds per 1,000 of the population than basket cases like Greece & Italy (etc, etc)
3) Has just 5,000 ventilators for the whole country.
4) Has left its borders open to incoming flights (with no checks of any kind) from parts of the World with dire infection rates.
5) Despite "Brexit", has developed no internal production for essential medical items (eg, surgical masks)
6) Has a PM who failed to declare that his latest flousey was up the spout when he called GE, and, thus, that he would be on "Paternal Leave" just when Brexit would be due to explode - oh, and also, now that Covid-19 is an issue.
7) Has an NHS that has been ripped apart by 10 years of a callous administration who want to kill the poor and mentally ill.
Cool Has Capitalism to solve all problems of State.
9) Had a PM (Thatcher) who declared that "society is dead".
10) That has a massive death rate from Sepsis.....  And Sepsis is an inevitable result of Covid-19 morbid state.  (Guess which column the numbers will be added to?)
11) Had a huge number of "Covid-19 at risk" people vote for Brexit....  Brexit means we now have no priority for EU developed vaccine, and are outside of EU-co-ordinated medical research.
12) Has a stiff-upper-lip, and still regards a "full-English Breakfast" as the cure-all for all foreign diseases.
13) Has a Lottery Ticket that says: "Unlucky for 20% of the UK population. We want you to get ill and die." The ages of the contributors to this message board mean we will lose a few.  Stay safe!

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2020, 07:44:12 am »

I don’t think anyone needs reminding of the gravity of the current situation? The projected hospitalisation and mortality rates are truly staggering. As someone with a number of loved ones in the vulnerable category the last thing I need right now is a lecture regarding appropriate commentary. We all deal with it in our own way, as will many others. I think a bit of slack wouldn’t go  amiss? Not having a go but just pointing out that I don’t need or want a reminder that I am shi11ing myself. Hence the lack of bog roll.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest2995

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2020, 07:44:41 am »

So , what do we think will happen this season ?
The season shut down without any promotion or relegation ?
The league frozen and the top 3 go up etc ?
Games behind closed doors ?
Resumed in the summer ?

I think the whole thing will be written off and clubs lose a fortune and go out of business as a result .
I can’t see any other option because this will last for a while .
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 07:53:18 am »

So , what do we think will happen this season ?
The season shut down without any promotion or relegation ?
The league frozen and the top 3 go up etc ?
Games behind closed doors ?
Resumed in the summer ?

I think the whole thing will be written off and clubs lose a fortune and go out of business as a result .
I can’t see any other option because this will last for a while .
I think as soon as practicable play games behind closed doors and charge £10 per game or so on ifollow irrespective of whether you have already purchased Ifollow or not? If the risk is minimal then perhaps it may be an option? At least you would find out the stomach for financial support?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:02:32 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2020, 08:19:13 am »

What has this got to do with 'Cobblers Corner'?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 08:31:07 am »

Do you think the outbreak of  Coronavirus has the potential to impact on the future of the club? If the answer is yes, then you have answered your own question. If no, I can’t help you.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:35:23 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 09:09:19 am »

It could send the club into financial ruin , along with other clubs of our size .
On a much more insignificant note , the outcome of this years’ league is left open . Personally I don’t really care about the second point but some will do .
Next question ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2020, 09:15:32 am »

It could send the club into financial ruin , along with other clubs of our size .
On a much more insignificant note , the outcome of this years’ league is left open . Personally I don’t really care about the second point but some will do .
Next question ?
Since you ask and it's an open forum....
Do you seriously think football has a chance of resuming this June as you have twice suggested?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2020, 10:00:40 am »

Since you ask and it's an open forum....
Do you seriously think football has a chance of resuming this June as you have twice suggested?
I certainly have not suggested football will resume in June .
I don’t think football will resume at all .
Quite honestly , football is the least of the worries and I don’t care if it resumes or not .
People’s health and livelihoods are the biggest concern . The financial welfare of the club is more important than where anyone finished in the league .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2020, 10:21:05 am »

I certainly have not suggested football will resume in June .
I don’t think football will resume at all .
Quite honestly , football is the least of the worries and I don’t care if it resumes or not .
People’s health and livelihoods are the biggest concern . The financial welfare of the club is more important than where anyone finished in the league .
I'm not for arguing on this subject but if you check out what you said on the FGR thread you'll find a contrary quote from yourself.
Maybe I'm reading it, and you, wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2020, 10:53:32 am »

I'm not for arguing on this subject but if you check out what you said on the FGR thread you'll find a contrary quote from yourself.
Maybe I'm reading it, and you, wrong.
I said , before anything had been cancelled at all and people were planning trips to the game that I didn’t think any football would be played for a while .
Once all football was postponed until 3rd April I said I didn’t think we would see anything until June at least - not necessarily in our league though .
I don’t now think we will see football at all until next season , including the Euros .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:38 am »

I said , before anything had been cancelled at all and people were planning trips to the game that I didn’t think any football would be played for a while .
Once all football was postponed until 3rd April I said I didn’t think we would see anything until June at least - not necessarily in our league though .
I don’t now think we will see football at all until next season , including the Euros .

Arhh, hindsight.
I agree with your current synopsis and will go a stage further and suggest that next season if it starts, will start late.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2020, 13:13:56 pm »

1) Only tests people in Acute Care.... so no-one actually knows (especially the scientists making the "decisions") who may or may not have the disease.
2) Has fewer acute care beds per 1,000 of the population than basket cases like Greece & Italy (etc, etc)
3) Has just 5,000 ventilators for the whole country.
4) Has left its borders open to incoming flights (with no checks of any kind) from parts of the World with dire infection rates.
5) Despite "Brexit", has developed no internal production for essential medical items (eg, surgical masks)
6) Has a PM who failed to declare that his latest flousey was up the spout when he called GE, and, thus, that he would be on "Paternal Leave" just when Brexit would be due to explode - oh, and also, now that Covid-19 is an issue.
7) Has an NHS that has been ripped apart by 10 years of a callous administration who want to kill the poor and mentally ill.
Cool Has Capitalism to solve all problems of State.
9) Had a PM (Thatcher) who declared that "society is dead".
10) That has a massive death rate from Sepsis.....  And Sepsis is an inevitable result of Covid-19 morbid state.  (Guess which column the numbers will be added to?)
11) Had a huge number of "Covid-19 at risk" people vote for Brexit....  Brexit means we now have no priority for EU developed vaccine, and are outside of EU-co-ordinated medical research.
12) Has a stiff-upper-lip, and still regards a "full-English Breakfast" as the cure-all for all foreign diseases.
13) Has a Lottery Ticket that says: "Unlucky for 20% of the UK population. We want you to get ill and die." The ages of the contributors to this message board mean we will lose a few.  Stay safe!

I love BORIS 😍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2020, 16:34:34 pm »

Bacon and eggs will cure anything. End off.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3359

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2020, 16:40:45 pm »

Not completely accurate. We're still in CTR until the transition has finished. If the vaccine is post Brexit it will need to be approved by the MHRA as well as the EMA but just a paperwork exercise and will be fast racked.
The rest I agree with
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2020, 17:51:19 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/march/kt180320/
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2020, 18:43:20 pm »

Having just read the EFL statement about additional funding, I have to say I was appalled to hear they are looking into claiming money from the 330bn war chest the government have put together to support businesses. There's enough money sloshing around the football industry that it can afford to look after itself without sticking its snout in everyone else's trough, and I say that as a football fan!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2020, 19:41:38 pm »

Having just read the EFL statement about additional funding, I have to say I was appalled to hear they are looking into claiming money from the 330bn war chest the government have put together to support businesses. There's enough money sloshing around the football industry that it can afford to look after itself without sticking its snout in everyone else's trough, and I say that as a football fan!

Well said sir
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 13:48:24 pm »

Well said sir
It’s a loan, all businesses have to pay it back.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: