The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:20:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Coronavirus COVID 19?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID 19?  (Read 23161 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 21:51:43 pm »

Herd immunity/natural selection/survival of the fittest. If it was Cobblers related this could be the new redevelopment thread, although I’m sure it’ll be over it before the East stand is finished.

Look after your olds and the vulnerable.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 22:06:12 pm »

........Lots of false info in the media - love the one on pineapple juice.

Possibly not what you were referring to but worth a lighthearted read in these serious times

https://www.yourtango.com/2014208925/oral-sex-blow-job-road-test-how-food-drinks-affect-taste-semen
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 22:27:47 pm »

Possibly not what you were referring to but worth a lighthearted read in these serious times

https://www.yourtango.com/2014208925/oral-sex-blow-job-road-test-how-food-drinks-affect-taste-semen

If the vagina is laced with fresh cream and liquidised strawberries the natural flavour enhances the experience and you can definitely trace a plum undertone.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 23:12:29 pm »

I’m doing nothing until I hear something from Kingsley WMC Cobra committee  Grin Tongue
Fishing is banned as well Nigel  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 23:25:12 pm »

Fishing is banned as well Nigel  Wink
  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 00:04:34 am »

The actual figure will be far far less!
Only 1.4% of confirmed cases has led to death.
What about those many thousands who have displayed very few or mild symptoms who haven’t been tested?
Indications of up to 10000 more cases on top of the 797 known.

If you’ve got symptoms then you self isolate....but you aren’t tested unless you are admitted to hospital.

I hope so.
So far less than 3% of confirmed cases have actually got better.

If you look at Italy and San Marino there is a huge discrepancy in reported cases per capita with Italy reporting 292 cases per million and San Marino (surrounded by Italy) reporting 2,400 cases per million.
Worryingly, the current death rates of confirmed cases are much closer, at 7.2% in Italy and 6.25% in San Marino.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 10:30:43 am »

Italy#s average age is quite high which could account for the slightly higher death %
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 10:43:11 am »

I’m doing nothing until I hear something from Kingsley WMC Cobra committee  Grin Tongue
Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 11:45:28 am »

Does that still take place in the snooker room?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 13:05:46 pm »

Italy#s average age is quite high which could account for the slightly higher death %
But San Marinos have a far higher (almost ten times) amount of reported cases per head of population than Italy.
Therefore also far more deaths per head of population.

GPC's point earlier was that there will be lots more mild cases that are unreported in UK which will bring UK death rates amongst those infected down,which I agree with.
However, San Marino are reporting ten times Italys infected rate yet still have similar death rates from those reported cases. It's a much smaller study with a total population of 33,400 but those figures would still give a pretty convincing analysis or it were an election exit poll.
As one of the more 'at risk' in particular, somebody show me where I'm wrong, please!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 13:15:54 pm »

I have just started sneezing, and got the first train out of Euston on Friday. With a dust mask on. I get plenty of them through work. I have to admit though, I did feel a little self concious. I did have one of the full perspex masks, with the twin filters either side, and the full length rubber guantlets (drain cleaning purposes), but I felt that would be a little OTT. I say did have, because someone has nicked them! Grin
You cant trust anybody anymore. He probably had the bog roll as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 14:23:05 pm »

But San Marinos have a far higher (almost ten times) amount of reported cases per head of population than Italy.
Therefore also far more deaths per head of population.

GPC's point earlier was that there will be lots more mild cases that are unreported in UK which will bring UK death rates amongst those infected down,which I agree with.
However, San Marino are reporting ten times Italys infected rate yet still have similar death rates from those reported cases. It's a much smaller study with a total population of 33,400 but those figures would still give a pretty convincing analysis or it were an election exit poll.
As one of the more 'at risk' in particular, somebody show me where I'm wrong, please!

is that the whole of Italy though? Because it's the North that is mainly affected and that's where San Marino is so the figures would be off
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3338

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 14:47:52 pm »

is that the whole of Italy though? Because it's the North that is mainly affected and that's where San Marino is so the figures would be off
No, San Marino was not inside the original 'north' when only that part of Italy was on lockdown. It was just below it (kinda level with Florence).
So those figures for Italy are for the whole country as of last night.
I've just taken another look at San Marinos figures and they have added new confirmed cases today which takes their infection rate upto 3,000 per million, compared to 290 per million for Italy. No further deaths have been registered though, so the death rate goes down.
My guess is they are able to test almost everyone at the minute so the confirmed infection rate of San Marino is much more representative of the true rate there, unlike in Italy (and the UK). And If that's so, for the real death rate there to drop below 1% of all those infected, the number of new infections will need to quadruple (taking the infection rate upto 15,000 per million) without a single further death.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2020, 16:34:42 pm »

Its one of natures culls. Like pneumonia. That kills thousands every year. But rarely hits the front pages. The vast majority of us will live through this. Move on, just keep going, put your mask on, and wash your hands. End of.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2020, 20:00:44 pm »

Its one of natures culls. Like pneumonia. That kills thousands every year. But rarely hits the front pages. The vast majority of us will live through this. Move on, just keep going, put your mask on, and wash your hands. End of.

The vast majority of us will get the virus so midly we wont even know we have had it.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2020, 20:25:32 pm »

Calling it “Gentlemans Relish” makes the whole thing seem more palatable. It’s all in the presentation?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 10:44:15 am »

Over 70’s will be in isolation soon. It would be nice for a fan effort to look after the Cobblers family who may be alone and vunerable.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 10:54:03 am »

Is there no end to the bollox you spout?
This is a Very serious event unprecedented in our generation, thousands will die prematurely.
The country will be in complete lockdown within a couple of weeks.
I had never got you marked down as a hypochondriac.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 12:27:07 pm »

I had never got you marked down as a hypochondriac.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2020, 21:37:16 pm »

Mods.

These are worrying and uncertain times for many of us, and for differing reasons.

The above sure ain't what this forum should be about.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: