The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:41:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Coronavirus COVID 19?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID 19?  (Read 23174 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2021, 14:02:53 pm »

I know of an NHS nurse who was desisting the vaccine. Her family has been trying to persuade her to have it, she has worked on Covid wards as part of a secondment at Walsgrave. I dont know why she is opposed to it, I regard her as ultimately sensible otherwise.
I also know of a care home worker at my elderly aunts home who will not have it. My aunt has had it aged 96 without l effect.
A good friend of mine who works in private healthcare in germany will not have it unless he's forced to by the authorities, nor will his wife or their eenage son, but he's a wacko and no one is telling him otherwise.
I'm first inline when my time comes.

So to be clear, people are refusing a vaccine where there are currently no reported deaths as a result of it being administered? Consequently they run the risk of contracting a virus that has killed millions, seems sensible? I’m having it, say no more.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2021, 18:53:46 pm »

So to be clear, people are refusing a vaccine where there are currently no reported deaths as a result of it being administered? Consequently they run the risk of contracting a virus that has killed millions, seems sensible? I’m having it, say no more.
Mad isnt it?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2021, 21:49:34 pm »

Just spent another 10 days isolating after testing positive again. That’s a few times now. Had the jab as well.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2021, 23:32:15 pm »

I had Covid last month. Would not recommend although not as bad as I was led to believe. Boring, really. You think you're done and then you still can't go back to work.
Mum n Dad have both had their first doses and and where do I queue for mine? Get those pubs open
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2021, 09:36:07 am »

Just spent another 10 days isolating after testing positive again. That’s a few times now. Had the jab as well.

That is a problem, the amount of people believing that by having the vaccine, it will prevent you from catching the virus.
In reality, it just means that it will be 'less likely' that you will die after catching it...  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2021, 11:37:14 am »

That is a problem, the amount of people believing that by having the vaccine, it will prevent you from catching the virus.
In reality, it just means that it will be 'less likely' that you will die after catching it...  Cool

I’ve tested positive a few times now, but so far fortunately, I’ve always been pretty much asymptomatic. I have met/spoke to few others now from hospitals that I travel around through work, who have had a similar experience. No testing for another 90 days now. So at least I’m free to roam at the moment 🦠 🦠
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2021, 11:39:44 am »

Had my first jab this morning, can feel my arm going a bit but appears to be alright so far.
Going by the age demographic, I suspect that there have been a few on here who have been jabbed already?
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2021, 13:16:30 pm »

Had my first jab this morning, can feel my arm going a bit but appears to be alright so far.
Going by the age demographic, I suspect that there have been a few on here who have been jabbed already?

I'm only in my mid forties so still waiting for an invite, although I know a fair few people now of around my age who have already been invited to have it even though they have no underlying conditions. I think there's an element of pot luck around the demographics of where you live and which GP you are registered with.

I want mine!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2021, 13:30:55 pm »

You wait until a little bit later Deepcut. I had mine yesterday, had the chills in the evening - couldn't get warm. Then the headache came and generally feeling a little under the weather. Today I still have a slight headache but okay in general.

I am happy to suffer some symptoms, just glad to get it done.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2021, 14:55:45 pm »

Had my first 20th Feb. AZ. No sore arm chills or headache but randomised muscle aches and some cramps in smaller peripheral muscles. Unsure if it was coincidence or causative.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2021, 11:04:39 am »

I'm 51 and had the Oxford jab last week. I went to bed feeling fine and woke up a couple of hours later with uncontrollable shivering and cold sweats. Temp of 38.2 the next morning and my whole body feeling as though I'd been run over. The following day I just had a dull headache and then the following day fine. Bizarre how it can make you feel so rough within 8 hours and then straight back to normal after 48 hours. Hoping my body is better prepared for when the second one comes around!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2021, 08:32:01 am »

I know people who had the normal flu jab that had reactions like this, one of the reasons I never had it, but I think I will accept the side effects on this one.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2021, 23:35:10 pm »

I had mine just over a month ago, they bent three needles trying to get into my arm because I'm that hard ! Wink

No side effects at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2021, 09:35:57 am »

Due my last one on Monday. Like I said though, I caught it again (allegedly) two weeks after the last vaccine. I have managed to test positive 4-5 times now  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2021, 10:19:36 am »

Due my last one on Monday. Like I said though, I caught it again (allegedly) two weeks after the last vaccine. I have managed to test positive 4-5 times now  Grin Grin
I think in time it will be found lots of tests were false positives, and false negatives too. It shouldn't be a great surprise when the development period was so short.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2021, 11:28:25 am »

I think in time it will be found lots of tests were false positives, and false negatives too. It shouldn't be a great surprise when the development period was so short.

I tend to get tested a few times a week on the LFD tests, due to working in Hospitals and care facilities all over the place. So I am always being tested. In my experience, the LFD (rapid tests) are pretty much useless. However, I do think the PCR test is a lot more accurate. I have only tested positive twice on them  Grin Grin

Good thing, is that I can go 90 days now between a test. 
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2021, 16:04:51 pm »

https://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/politik-ausland/jeder-zweite-erwachsene-geimpft-was-die-briten-besser-machen-75810964.bild.html
Always good to hear what the others think of us...positive news doesn't make headlines in our newspapers.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2021, 21:06:27 pm »

https://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/politik-ausland/jeder-zweite-erwachsene-geimpft-was-die-briten-besser-machen-75810964.bild.html
Always good to hear what the others think of us...positive news doesn't make headlines in our newspapers.  Wink
Quite. The government haven't got much right in the past year with regards Covid but the vaccination program is one area that they have done
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2021, 13:45:51 pm »

Second jab done... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2021, 19:35:33 pm »

Second jab done... Cool

I'm not having it. I know it is only an excuse to inject me with a tracking chip so that they can control me through the signals from the 5G masts and do this so that they can stop me from exposing the truth that the Earth is flat and only 6,000 years old and man walked on the Earth at the same time as the dinosaurs.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 19:38:01 pm by singcobb » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: