The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:12:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Poll - taking a Season Ticket refund?

Poll
Question: If the season is cancelled, will you request a Season Ticket refund?
Yes - 11 (13.9%)
No - 68 (86.1%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll - taking a Season Ticket refund?  (Read 8934 times)
EB Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2020, 22:40:25 pm »

Ah yes. Full of hippies with stinking Afghan coats, and the place reeked of peculiar oil. I only went once, to see Cheap Trick. I went more often to the beer festival when it was held there. I remember one night walking across the pitch, jumping up on The Spion Kop, and p1ssing on the away end. The joys of alcohol and youth.

I was there to see Cheap Trick, plectrums flying everywhere! Budgie, Man, AC/DC and The Ruts were good gigs too. I remember that the crowd often sat on the floor while the support act was on, until the beer got too deep!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2020, 07:35:54 am »

I don't buy a ST due to the long commute, however I will be buying one for next season and instructing the club to donate it to a worthy supporter. It will be a nice surprise for somebody.

I always buy a shirt, they're not having that.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2020, 11:03:14 am »

I don't buy a ST due to the long commute, however I will be buying one for next season and instructing the club to donate it to a worthy supporter. It will be a nice surprise for somebody.

I always buy a shirt, they're not having that.
Eh? This thread is about getting STDs...and wearing Afghan coats!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2020, 11:31:45 am »

I had an Afghan coat as a teenager though I quickly realized the error of my ways. Some years later I became a fan of the Afghan Wigs. What's an STD?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2020, 11:58:47 am »

Rock City for me was watching my favs Sleeper - crush on Louise Wener obviously!  Grin

Those teeth never did it for me  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2020, 13:02:44 pm »

I had an Afghan coat as a teenager though I quickly realized the error of my ways. Some years later I became a fan of the Afghan Wigs. What's an STD?

Something you may or may not have contracted following your escapade with the charming Suzie at Rock City...I think! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2020, 13:34:48 pm »

Something you may or may not have contracted following your escapade with the charming Suzie at Rock City...I think! Grin

I was loathe to respond to that question in case there was a catch.

I used to live near a VD clinic and had the joy of spotting a colleague visiting said establishment.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2020, 13:50:16 pm »

Sorry, wrong thread. I am surrounded by naked hippies every day.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2020, 16:53:14 pm »

I can see why your intuition leads you in that direction Cat and indeed when I got home I remember standing under the shower for what seemed like hours, but no, that actually wasn't why I had an altogether different emotion come over me when Suzie told me where she was headed next  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2020, 17:38:27 pm »

Don't forget the County Ground! I was trying hard to remember the bands I had seen there the other day. It remains a bit hazy but I do recall Gong, Wayne County, Doctors of Madness and nearly the Sex Pistols but it was cancelled at the last minute so I saw K.C. & The Sunshine Band give a hell of a performance at the Drill Hall instead!
It was a great place, I was gutted when Pistols gig was cancelled. The Damned played there they were absolutely all over the place (amazing) with Captain sensible wearing cricket pads! Also The Heartbreakers gig springs to mind, led by the late great Johnny Thunders. Very brave of Ken Turner who I believe was Chairman/Secretary  and the committee to go with these bands at that time. Anarchy in Northampton!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2020, 19:09:17 pm »

Oh yes the Ruts. Remember that one now. Terrific. Be Bop Deluxe too. What a player!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2020, 20:00:49 pm »

Oh yes the Ruts. Remember that one now. Terrific. Be Bop Deluxe too. What a player!
Yes, and all we get these days at Sixfields is KT and the Sunshine Band!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2020, 20:17:33 pm »

You started it mate, with your reference to the Charlotte. And thank you for doing so, because its fabulous memories. Superb nights.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3086

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2020, 20:32:05 pm »

Yes, and all we get these days at Sixfields is KT and the Sunshine Band!  Grin

K.T. and the East Stand Land!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2020, 20:37:05 pm »

The one thing that I never forgave, was going to Quos gig at the MK bowl. Final gig ever. 1984 I think. End of the road it was called. It cost a young lad his entire weeks wages. And the bstards are still going.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2020, 20:54:48 pm »

I went to see Solstice once at somewhere in MK. The music was not to my liking, but it was just a night out. And I caught the eye of of a lass. We just looked at each other, until someone tapped me on the head, and said thats a bloke. WHAT? No way. She had a penis I was assured. Thats when I backed off. Not for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2020, 22:04:54 pm »

It was a great place, I was gutted when Pistols gig was cancelled. The Damned played there they were absolutely all over the place (amazing) with Captain sensible wearing cricket pads! Also The Heartbreakers gig springs to mind, led by the late great Johnny Thunders. Very brave of Ken Turner who I believe was Chairman/Secretary  and the committee to go with these bands at that time. Anarchy in Northampton!
Now then, did you see the Damned, at the Rep? The one and only punk gig at the Rep. Just fab. And dead rats were flying  everywhere. What a night.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2020, 22:27:26 pm »

The one thing that I never forgave, was going to Quos gig at the MK bowl. Final gig ever. 1984 I think. End of the road it was called. It cost a young lad his entire weeks wages. And the bstards are still going.

I didn't get to that but I saw them earlier on in that "End of the Road" tour in Osnabruek...   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2020, 23:34:52 pm »

I didn't get to that but I saw them earlier on in that "End of the Road" tour in Osnabruek...   Cool
Did you get a T shirt?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2020, 08:18:12 am »

Did you get a T shirt?  Grin

Of course... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: