The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:36:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

How to end the Season.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to end the Season.....  (Read 15846 times)
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2020, 09:15:43 am »

The main holiday season? There's no date set for popping to round to another family members house for a cup of tea, let alone jumping on a plane to Majorca.

Among the problems with behind closed doors football is the amount of people who will coincide their daily exercise with going past stadiums.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 09:43:49 am »

When it comes to slowing coming out of lock down, I think it would be only fair for each group of society to have their mental health issues factored in and something to look forward to in our new mundane way of life.  So here's my suggestion.

Football - behind closed doors. Mass zoom sessions organised by the club so we can all start chanting, online. Its vital that the match officials have access to the audio, so they can hear all of the names we are calling him (or her). As well as the manager, obviously...so he knows when we don't like his tactics or substitutions.

Hairdressers/beauty salons, nail bars. PPE to be warn by all those carrying out their businesses to keep a large proportion of the girly girly population from going insane.

Clothes shops. 9-11am - women under 20. 11am-1pm- women 20-30. 1-3pm - women 30-40. Etc. Give 'them' their Saturdays back as well, its only fair.

Bingo. Absolute necessity for old smelly people. Social distancing measures in place, PPE to be worn by all those in the high risk cateogory.

That should cover things, until we get back to normal. For those outside of these categories (of interests) - fcuk em.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2020, 13:56:18 pm »

So the National League teams (Premier and North & South Divisions) have voted to end their season now with no further league games taking place. They have not however voided the season and are still in discussions about promotion and relegation including playoffs. Good for Brackley Town to know they still have a chance of promotion!

NO decision can be made though as we don't know what is going on with the EFL. Obviously if the EFL void the season and everyone stays up that means that probably only Barrow would be offered Bury's place in League 2 for next season...unless the EFL want to go with 23 again!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2020, 15:04:26 pm »

So the National League teams (Premier and North & South Divisions) have voted to end their season now with no further league games taking place. They have not however voided the season and are still in discussions about promotion and relegation including playoffs. Good for Brackley Town to know they still have a chance of promotion!

NO decision can be made though as we don't know what is going on with the EFL. Obviously if the EFL void the season and everyone stays up that means that probably only Barrow would be offered Bury's place in League 2 for next season...unless the EFL want to go with 23 again!
Desperately want Barrow to come up into League Two. Dodgy place by all accounts but eagerly waiting to get up there!

See Notts County are fuming with the decision, while self preservation kicked in with their cross county neighbours, Chesterfield, who voted to void season...along with every other club in danger of the drop!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2020, 21:32:32 pm »

If I was a bury fan and the season I voided , I would strongly fight for the place back in the league again !!
But I’m not and so I don’t care really
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2020, 13:42:51 pm »

The only realistic option to end the season quickly and most importantly fairly is by way of an "It's a knockout"

Each teams manager is to dress up in huge rubber mascots outfits and compete over a series of slides, ramps and roundabouts all covered in soapy water.

Obviously the suits will protect them and also they will regularly get washed with soapy water.

Job done.

Oh nearly forgot, hopefully they'll let Stuart Hall out for the day to commentate.. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2020, 14:07:56 pm »

Does anyone know if we can get 80% refunds from our now seemingly redundant FGR, Crewe, Cambridge et-al away tickets?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2020, 14:30:31 pm »

Does anyone know if we can get 80% refunds from our now seemingly redundant FGR, Crewe, Cambridge et-al away tickets?  Tongue

Only if you furlough them.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2020, 15:14:59 pm »

Fed up with listening or reading in the media all of those concerned about when football will start again because it'll financially 'hurt' some clubs. No mention of when it'll be safe and in the public interest to do so.
For heavens sake, they are ignoring the fact that there are hundreds of people dying daily, many thousands putting their lives on the line daily and every hour in order to treat those at deaths door, both attempting to minimise and/or prevent the virus spreading.
There are a lot more important things than football. The criteria to ensure that we return to a safe and secure environment needs to be achieved completely prior to any activity that diverts attention and resources elsewhere...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2020, 17:16:06 pm »

DC - you sound fed up generally but I'm sure you're doing a great job for us.

I wish some of our people would stick with simple rules of social distancing in supermarkets. Chaos in Tesco Flitwick last night.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2020, 18:45:29 pm »

I wish some of our people would stick with simple rules of social distancing in supermarkets. Chaos in Tesco Flitwick last night.
And those w@nkers on Westminster Bridge last thursday. Emergency services coming together, Police cars, ambulances and fire engines parked bumper to bumper. To clap for the NHS. A noble gesture, and I am sure that it was appreciated, BUT, they could have held hands because they were so close. Brilliant idea, applaud the workers who will be treating you shortly.
The rules dont apply if theres a blue light on the roof of your vehicle.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2020, 19:38:20 pm »

To be honest, I'm fed up with the minority of those (and increasing) who don't appreciate or respect the seriousness of the current situation. Especially when I switch on the news and see those thinking that it is funny or clever to flaunt the restrictions being placed on them.
To be honest, I've felt safer for my colleagues in operational theatres than I do now, at least we have confidence in our measures to mitigate the risks there, with this it's still an unknown. I have an 85 year old father (a lot of you know him), a sister working all hours in St Andrews and a couple of thousand guys and girls on the ground.
Football is not a priority at the moment, those that think it is and believe that this is only a short term issue, despite the reduced death figure today, are not understanding what is the real world.

Hopefully we'll all be able to congregate again early next year, when we are able to once again safely follow The Cobblers.
In the meantime: Stay home, stay safe and look after your families and friends by minimising the risk.

Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2020, 08:52:22 am »

I couldn’t agree more with the sentiments expressed on here about forgetting football for a while .
We need to get the country operational in many more important areas first as we approach recovery very slowly.
Quite honestly , football is the least of the worries .
Write every English match off and start again next season. Furlough staff and say hard luck to the likes of Liverpool . People have died and businesses have been decimated . Who cares about football .
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2020, 13:26:06 pm »

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/april/latest-statement-from-the-chairman/

This is from Colchester and is well worth reading.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2934

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2020, 13:34:58 pm »

Can you sign players to "finish" a season that under normal circumstances they would've already finished?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 15:55:42 pm »

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/april/latest-statement-from-the-chairman/

This is from Colchester and is well worth reading.

Dont get that. Players contracts dont run out until 30th June, normally!
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2020, 18:17:31 pm »

To be honest, I'm fed up with the minority of those (and increasing) who don't appreciate or respect the seriousness of the current situation. Especially when I switch on the news and see those thinking that it is funny or clever to flaunt the restrictions being placed on them.
To be honest, I've felt safer for my colleagues in operational theatres than I do now, at least we have confidence in our measures to mitigate the risks there, with this it's still an unknown. I have an 85 year old father (a lot of you know him), a sister working all hours in St Andrews and a couple of thousand guys and girls on the ground.
Football is not a priority at the moment, those that think it is and believe that this is only a short term issue, despite the reduced death figure today, are not understanding what is the real world.

Hopefully we'll all be able to congregate again early next year, when we are able to once again safely follow The Cobblers.
In the meantime: Stay home, stay safe and look after your families and friends by minimising the risk.

The numbers have been lower on Sundays and Mondays, so expect a rise tomorrow. The numbers are trending down though at least, but still a long way to go. Ultimately the virus is here for the foreseeable and we can only learn to live with it in the long term to try and mitigate further large outbreaks. I'm more concerned with what will happen over autumn-winter. I'm expecting a second-wave and a second lockdown 5-6 months after we come out of this one. Hope I'm wrong of course.

I'm sticking with my previous prediction that there will be no crowds at games until March-April next year in any case.
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2020, 18:33:53 pm »

And those w@nkers on Westminster Bridge last thursday. Emergency services coming together, Police cars, ambulances and fire engines parked bumper to bumper. To clap for the NHS. A noble gesture, and I am sure that it was appreciated, BUT, they could have held hands because they were so close. Brilliant idea, applaud the workers who will be treating you shortly.
The rules dont apply if theres a blue light on the roof of your vehicle.

There was a gathering outside NGH the other week too:

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/health/coronavirus/northampton-general-apologises-online-anxiety-over-social-distancing-concern-clap-our-carers-video-2543815

Outside Dudley hospital they had a gathering, with a live vocalist as well, where the song she was singing contained the lyric, 'baby I'd rather be dead':

Outside Bristol General:

Outside Brighton Royal Sussex:

Outside Newcastle Freeman Hospital:

What a **** joke.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 18:35:58 pm by ClarenceInDefence » Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2020, 19:46:48 pm »

The remaining games will be six-a-side, 20 minutes per half and played over 4 weekends. The playoff semis and finals (also 6 a side) all played over a weekend at St. George's National Football Centre. 4 subs permitted. All games behind closed doors but broadcast on free to air platform.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 08:50:48 am »

In my view it's absolutely inconceivable to discuss something as (largely) irrelevant as football returning at present.

I think France is much more on a realistic page by voiding the season and come back in Aug/Sept if it's safe to do so.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: