The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:33:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Quite on here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quite on here.  (Read 4707 times)
sixfields starling

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 13:01:34 pm »

The very best wishes to all the Board's readers and contributors.  I hope you all can stay fit and healthy, and that you and your loved-ones come through this unscathed.

I second that, best wishes to everyone and their families. Best wishes to you Baldy and your family too.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 13:06:29 pm »

Came home from work last Wednesday, had a fever, slight cough, shortness of breath.

Breathing wasn't in the background anymore, I felt every breath, focused on each breath, extreme fatigue and was in bed 14-16 hours a day.

As of today my breathing has suddenly become a lot better, i'm not noticing myself breathe any more if that makes sense?

Loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell and taste, and lost 9lb in weight! Fevers on and off over the week, high of 38.5 and a low of 36.1, times of shivers and shakes.

Slowly returning to normal now thank god.....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 13:40:46 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 13:13:51 pm »

Glad your feeling better Grange, speedy recovery 👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 13:27:44 pm »

I've got an asthma related cough, so generally I've got it more often than I haven't. I like to think I'm generally a fairly rational person but in the current climate I have to say there's a degree of paranoia sneaking in; every time I have a little cough I find myself thinking "am I coughing more than usual....?"

I don't think I am and I have no other symptoms, so I'm 99% certain it's just me annoying everyone as normal, but it certainly sets you on edge.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
sixfields starling

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 15:15:46 pm »

Came home from work last Wednesday, had a fever, slight cough, shortness of breath.

Breathing wasn't in the background anymore, I felt every breath, focused on each breath, extreme fatigue and was in bed 14-16 hours a day.

As of today my breathing has suddenly become a lot better, i'm not noticing myself breathe any more if that makes sense?

Loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell and taste, and lost 9lb in weight! Fevers on and off over the week, high of 38.5 and a low of 36.1, times of shivers and shakes.

Pleased to hear your'e getting better now, take care. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 17:22:06 pm »

As one of the most fundamentally sound posters on here, your post terrifies me GPC.
Take very good care, I'm glad you are feeling a little better.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 17:30:25 pm »

All the best GPC, take it steady fella and hang in there.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 18:03:04 pm »

Bloody hell, we're all going to get infected by Baldy and GPC, I hope you two disinfected your keyboards before posting on here.
Get well and be safe you two and that goes for all on here.
I was working today and saw young people high fiving each other(you should be fúcking shot just for doing that), people chatting on street corners and people in works canteens sitting together like nothing is wrong. This is in the Peoples Democratic Dictatorship of Germany, so fúck knows what it must be like over there.
There are increased police patrols on the streets and checkpoints on the roads, so hopefully some sanity will arrive even if it has to be by an iron fist.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 18:33:17 pm »

I've got an asthma related cough, so generally I've got it more often than I haven't. I like to think I'm generally a fairly rational person but in the current climate I have to say there's a degree of paranoia sneaking in; every time I have a little cough I find myself thinking "am I coughing more than usual....?"

I don't think I am and I have no other symptoms, so I'm 99% certain it's just me annoying everyone as normal, but it certainly sets you on edge.
I know what you are saying, as I smoke too much, and thus find myself coughing.
After my little quarantine, and before lockdown, I treated myself to a brekkie, up the Welly Road. T&2 Sugars. Decent grub, but bloody expensive. It was quite full in there. I cleared my throat a couple of times and got glared at by everybody!  Grin
About four doors down, next to the Midwest, is a shop called Discount Depot. Or it would be if they hadnt missed the "C" out of the very large red sign. Disount it  is then. If you never noticed it before, then you will now.
I accept that I spelt quiet wrong in the thread title, and admitted that, but, I didnt make up a large sign and hang it above the shop. I hope that he refused to pay for it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
dolph

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 21:38:16 pm »

I know what you are saying, as I smoke too much, and thus find myself coughing.
After my little quarantine, and before lockdown, I treated myself to a brekkie, up the Welly Road. T&2 Sugars. Decent grub, but bloody expensive. It was quite full in there. I cleared my throat a couple of times and got glared at by everybody!  Grin
About four doors down, next to the Midwest, is a shop called Discount Depot. Or it would be if they hadnt missed the "C" out of the very large red sign. Disount it  is then. If you never noticed it before, then you will now.
I accept that I spelt quiet wrong in the thread title, and admitted that, but, I didnt make up a large sign and hang it above the shop. I hope that he refused to pay for it.
Lucky they missed the "C" and not the "O" methinks
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 23:40:05 pm »

On day three of three month house arrest. transplant and heart problems. Highlight of the day? watching the Mrs. "do" Joe Wickes this morning. It's like a cult.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 05:25:43 am »

On day three of three month house arrest. transplant and heart problems. Highlight of the day? watching the Mrs. "do" Joe Wickes this morning. It's like a cult.

Anyone else also read that in a Geordie Big Brother accent?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 12:26:14 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 13:26:51 pm »

Glad your feeling better Grange, speedy recovery 👍

Echo that and hope that his wife is fit and well.👍

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 14:20:13 pm »

Echo that and hope that his wife is fit and well.👍

Hope All on here stay safe.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 14:52:16 pm »

I tend to worry more that the EFL end the season and come up with a system that fails to secure our place in the autos  Shocked or at a pinch the play offs. Wink

Am currently reading books particularly on Alexanders campaigns in NW Frontier of India west of the Indus; on the bit about the campaign in the Swat Valley; it merely gives me some respite from the rigours of everyday living!
Most of us have interests/hobbies of some kind and these may be of some help in current situation.
Wonder what Frank and Man04 or even the Mods do to relax etc. Can't be all Lager and Fags?

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2020, 15:37:04 pm »

With regard to the end of this season my preferred approach would be;

1. Wait for an appropriate date to be announced to resume.
2. Complete the season and all domestic competitions.
3. Take into account the European cup competitions (could the last 8 and last 4 become one leg only ?).
4. Take a break to allow sufficient time for clubs to prepare for the following season - 8 weeks sufficient ?
5. Adjust next season to fit into a normal season end date - perhaps we could have a shortened season with every side only playing each other side once. Adjust the Cup competitions to fit any dates remaining available.

As our league is 75 to 80 % complete I'm against making the season null and void.

Extend players contracts to the end of the season unless clubs want these to cease at their natural end prior to this. Any players thereby released could be picked up by other clubs as out of contract players.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2020, 16:00:07 pm »

I prefer that this season is completed, even if the first 2 or 3 games are behind closed doors (ifollow).

The new season starting the first week of September (remember when that was the norm NOT in the peak holiday season).

Stay well and isolated.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2020, 16:19:18 pm »

That's funny Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2020, 18:00:17 pm »

Can't be all Lager and Fags?
No. Proper beer and fags. Phipps brewery for instance, are offering home delivery. Dont go to the supermarket for their delivery, go to their suppliers. And keep them in business. Its important that we look after the small business concerns.
https://www.phipps-nbc.co.uk/

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: