The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 10:36:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Accounts are out

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accounts are out  (Read 3177 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 15:49:33 pm »

Everyone will continue to earn a full wage, is that how I understand it?
I wonder how many staff on the non playing side currently earn more than 37500 (if that's the cut off point for state assistance), and I assume for contractual reasons the club will have to make every attempt to pay in full those players earning more than that in any instance.
Still, well done club. ..That's more than offset the Trusts (still) missing 10k in my book.
**Darts Evers, so long as its indoors and with your missus.**
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2020, 16:11:54 pm »

This crisis is going to turn the game on its head, simple as that. My opinion is that there won't be any football for 12 months at least, by then the industry would have more or less suffered a collapse anyway.

Who needs enemies?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2020, 17:15:35 pm »

She is not a darts woman. How about mountaineering,Archery and tennis(singles)? Handicap running? One of my sons insists Golf is safe?
Until he gets to the 19th hole I expect?
Nah, I wouldn't want to be bothering the emergency services right now if you got yourself stuck up a tree whilst wearing a pair of crampons.
Depends how far the traps are apart (do they have traps in archery?).
No net court rallies and no crossing between games?...yeah, if you've got a big enough back garden fill your boots.
I really should know this but I'm going to ask anyway. Is handicap running what public schoolboys used to do or is it what men in flat caps up north bet on when there's no whippet racing? Second thoughts, it's the human equivalent of weights in horses saddles isn't it, so they can get a closer finish? Definitely a no then.
I still think you could teach the old girl a trick or two with some arrows you know.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2020, 18:08:20 pm »

At the slightest opportunity a 'few' take the opportunity to come out with 'clever' comments.
One member has clearly done well and posted L2 clubs financial results which is interesting but does not resolve our issues. It could do without a disparaging opening remark " The Chairman declares himself pleased that the club only made a loss of £1.67m in the year ending to June 2019". Most of us know and understand the current situation but it maybe unwise to share the same platform just yet. Perhaps we need a trained/professional accountant to comment on some of the L2 financial statements detailed?

The so called disparaging remark which you placed in italics: it's pretty much a solid ad-lib of the statement KT made to the Chronic. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2020, 18:35:47 pm »

Anyone for croquet?
Personally I feel sorry for the morris dancers - but then again I always have.
Battle re-enactment groups currently not able to dress up for the battle - I wonder what they dress up in when at home?
Marbles could be OK - but I lost mine years ago. If you are on your own it will have to be pocket marbles.
Nothing to stop you and your wife having a game of mixed doubles over the garden fence with the neighbours - tennis, badminton, volley ball etc.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2020, 09:08:05 am »

Think you mean dart;expressed as a vicious weapon. Surely you must have experienced a few yourself; I certainly have plus the dreaded Medusa glance. Handicap running is when the youngest/slowest go first followed at intervals by graded older runners. Not necessarily a top Public School effort in fact any oinks can organise as practised by Corbyn at Oswestry Grammar School. But he organised it on a perceived class system which invariably favoured the slowest runner Cool. Have a pal who went to same school and tells me Corbyn came from privileged back ground that is from a comfy Middle Class Background...left wingers please note! Not you Tommy Fowler!
I was right about handicap running then...public schoolboys do it. Do you think it was invented by impatient Masters wanting to get back to the warmth of their common rooms rather than having to wait in the cold for the stragglers, send them off early so as not to waste time at the end? Nothing to do with parity on the field of play is it? They just wanted to get back to their coffees and ready rubbed.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:21 am »

Evers conveying his knowledge and experience of the tally ho brigade and their jolly japes is the most predictable post I have ever read on here. I often imagine him giving us the benefit of his reveries from Evers Towers dressed in a smoking jacket and the old school tie whilst sipping on a dry sherry.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2020, 12:34:58 pm »

This crisis is going to turn the game on its head, simple as that. My opinion is that there won't be any football for 12 months at least, by then the industry would have more or less suffered a collapse anyway.

That's an extension to my prediction a couple of weeks ago that I would be very surprised if we were playing before Christmas...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2020, 13:15:41 pm »

What happened during the war then?...
Football was effectively axed bar friendlies (were they heavily attended?) for six years, yet a majority of the current league clubs existed in the same capacity then as they do now.
The game has changed of course, players earning a normal working class wage back then. Perhaps, if there's a positive to come out of this, it will be the extinction of the football agent with a return to realistic wages and transfers.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2020, 13:48:31 pm »

That's an extension to my prediction a couple of weeks ago that I would be very surprised if we were playing before Christmas...

If we are into predictions can I go for a September season start date (though I'd prefer us to begin to complete this season in September).

Reasoning (in a nutshell);

1. The mortality figures will begin to decline in a few weeks as long as the population keeps to the rules on safe distancing etc.
2. The medical/health/pharma professionals will improve outcomes, discover techniques/medicines that work to a degree in the interim prior to a proper vaccine becoming available.
3. Herd immunity will become apparent.
4. We can't carry on forever like this either as individuals, a community or as an economy.

We will need to continue with severe controls on people movement as this virus begins to run wild in the 3rd world. Also, the USA is a worry given their health service.

Test, test, test. 
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2020, 14:00:36 pm »

Evers conveying his knowledge and experience of the tally ho brigade and their jolly japes is the most predictable post I have ever read on here. I often imagine him giving us the benefit of his reveries from Evers Towers dressed in a smoking jacket and the old school tie whilst sipping on a dry sherry.

I had Paul Whitehouse in mind when you said that.

On a more serious note, thank God (!) we're not a Theocracy.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2020, 15:10:07 pm »

If we are into predictions can I go for a September season start date (though I'd prefer us to begin to complete this season in September).

1. The mortality figures will begin to decline in a few weeks as long as the population keeps to the rules on safe distancing etc.
2. The medical/health/pharma professionals will improve outcomes, discover techniques/medicines that work to a degree in the interim prior to a proper vaccine becoming available.
4. We can't carry on forever like this either as individuals, a community or as an economy.

We will need to continue with severe controls on people movement as this virus begins to run wild in the 3rd world. Also, the USA is a worry given their health service.

Test, test, test. 

i heard it might be phased in, with initially games behind closed doors. Maybe a Premiership game on TV at 3pm EVERYDAY. EFL games could initially be on ifollow.
This might mean as early as July to see some sport (football, cricket, golf?)................................................ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2020, 15:17:25 pm »

I had Paul Whitehouse in mind when you said that.

On a more serious note, thank God (!) we're not a Theocracy.

Where on earth did you get that comment from - seems a bit odd! Who is Paul Whitehouse?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3338

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2020, 15:27:56 pm »

i heard it might be phased in, with initially games behind closed doors. Maybe a Premiership game on TV at 3pm EVERYDAY. EFL games could initially be on ifollow.
This might mean as early as July to see some sport (football, cricket, golf?)................................................ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!
I think there is something fundamentally wrong not to say very depressing about the idea that sport returns for us to watch on TV well ahead of any kind of normality while the vast majority remain incarcerated.
The irony is i would be one of the first switching on.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 15:34:37 pm »

Where on earth did you get that comment from - seems a bit odd! Who is Paul Whitehouse?
Happy to oblige. Rowley Birkin QC. He liked a small sherry as well.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3338

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2020, 15:47:53 pm »

Test, test, test. 

Re the Oxford theory. I read that the reasoning behind it has been subjected to a lot of doubt because whole villages/communities in the initially infected area of northern italy were tested and it doesnt fit extrapolation taken from that?  
I agree that an effective pharma drug is essential, more so than any vaccine, but will the drug companies be sufficiently motivated to invest in the research and development of one when there is so little demand and so little profit in it?...
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2020, 19:08:25 pm »

In the marble halls of the charm school
How flair is punished
Under marble millichip, the f.a. broods
On how flair can be punished
Their guest is a euro-state magnate
Corporate-ulent
How flair is punished
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2020, 19:34:51 pm »

What happened during the war then?...
Football was effectively axed bar friendlies (were they heavily attended?) for six years, yet a majority of the current league clubs existed in the same capacity then as they do now.
The game has changed of course, players earning a normal working class wage back then. Perhaps, if there's a positive to come out of this, it will be the extinction of the football agent with a return to realistic wages and transfers.

How interesting. One of the issues with community ownership and systems like the German model always was how on earth you get from where we are now to that position? In the event there was carnage and a general collapse of clubs there would be an opportunity for change? Whether there was the appetite or motivation to instigate anything of that nature should this occur is entirely another question?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2020, 19:46:35 pm »

Don't drink Sherry or even have flatulence! Would be ashamed to be seen drinking sherry in company of Cobblers even P'boro Fans. Certainly not in PattishallCobbler presence. About time we heard from him?
I was just responding to your question, about who Paul Whitehouse was.  Thats all.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2020, 06:37:45 am »

Quite - it was the comment about sherry etc ( quote "He liked a small sherry as well".)  Like you that's all Wink

No, I'm pretty sure it was Phil Collins.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: