The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:06:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208585 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #400 on: July 29, 2020, 19:11:34 pm »

Andy Williams signs for Cheltenham, pleased that he has found another club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #401 on: July 29, 2020, 19:48:28 pm »

Players come, players go.
Likes to hoof it up top a lot, and when he played against Championship opposition in Derby, he got caught out and should have been sent off in the 1st leg.
And don't forget the 1st leg of Cheltenham when he didn't deal with the corner correctly for their 1st goal.
Call me cynical but whatever is offered we should take. As people on here have said there will be a lot of players looking for clubs, who may turn out to be better.

I'm with you on this one.
He's had a good season for us, but he struggled at Sc***horpe and I can't believe he'll hold his own in the championship.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #402 on: July 29, 2020, 19:49:54 pm »

Andy Williams signs for Cheltenham, pleased that he has found another club.
And me, not many better finishers at this level.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #403 on: July 29, 2020, 19:56:54 pm »

Williams scored something important goals for us this season, pleased he got fixed up.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #404 on: July 29, 2020, 20:18:40 pm »

And me, not many better finishers at this level. that level

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 29, 2020, 20:24:03 pm »

I'm with you on this one.
He's had a good season for us, but he struggled at Sc***horpe and I can't believe he'll hold his own in the championship.

Exactly my thoughts.

I will be amazed if he holds his own week in week out in league 1, let alone the championship.

Take the money and run.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #406 on: July 29, 2020, 20:45:17 pm »

I think Charlie Goode would be fine in League 1 and can still improve a lot. Many of us thought Zander Diamond might struggle in that division but he was our player of the year. Last season Goode played against League 1 Burton and they couldn't cope with him in either box. I'd be sorry to see him go but wish him well at a higher level, as long as we get a decent (undisclosed) fee.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #407 on: July 29, 2020, 20:53:21 pm »

Turnbull struggled in L1 for Coventry didn't he?

Not sure (either way, we signed him off the back of it!), but he definitely struggled in L1 for Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #408 on: July 29, 2020, 21:01:29 pm »

Not a good sign already

Gone     Gone 

Hoskins

Adams   Gone     Watson        Harriman

Gone   Gone  Gone
                  Arnold

Add Marshall,Missi but Goode is still here? Possibly Oliver,perhaps Morton and Wharton. I feel that the most important player we would like back is Morton.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 21:12:28 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #409 on: July 29, 2020, 21:15:13 pm »

There is probably a correlation of teams being dismantled following promotion, before going on to struggle. We are probably a prime example of that. If we had the pedigree of a club likely to ride on the wave to future success we’d maybe keep a few more. However you view the PTS development saga, it doesn’t breed the confidence of a club about to push on to the next level.
We got relatively close with Carr, closer with Atkins but wouldn’t be surprised if we are looking down rather than up unless KC can work in his mysterious ways.
The positive is that financially we should keep our heads above water and hopefully we can hang around the third tier a bit longer than usual.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2020, 22:00:55 pm »

Wink
Grin. Very good.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2020, 07:35:06 am »

I disagree completely - he was immense in the home game against derby and there was a collective failure for the Cheltenham goal, you don’t mention how superb he was in the playoff second leg and final. He is only 23 and I agree with the club valuation of £1m, I’m far less confident that KC will get anywhere near that to invest in the team.

That's it, isn't it. Not saying KC should get the whole £1m if that's what he goes for but some of the funds would need to be reinvested back into the team, even half that amount should get us 2-3 great signings I'd have thought.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2020, 08:42:14 am »

I've seen valuations on Twitter for Goode ranging from 'snap their hands off' for £500k to it will be a travesty for anything less than £3m!
What are your thoughts. Personally I think £500k is too cheap but would be happy with £750k.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #413 on: July 30, 2020, 09:02:53 am »

I wouldn't be happy with anything less than a Christian Lee for him.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #414 on: July 30, 2020, 09:41:23 am »

The club record is still 470k for Mark Bunn right?

So as long as we comfortably smash that then I think we have to be happy with the amount. The 1 mil mark seems about right.
It's not even what the player is actually worth, it's what he's worth to us

A young, very capable CB who Captained the side to promotion when we have no other senior CB options and it's an unpredictable market..

I also think how much of that cash KC gets into his coin purse is a massive factor.
If we got 500k but it all went to KC then fair enough. If we got nearer a million and it all went on a new drive for KT and some new paint in the boxes then you can be annoyed.

Saying all this, they may not meet the valuation and Goode may give us another year? He's been interviewing and posting about the promotion as recent as last night so who knows. We need to sign some CBs regardless?

Any realistic ideas or rumours on CBs KC has in mind? (looking mainly at ntfclad here  Grin)
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #415 on: July 30, 2020, 09:49:21 am »

I assume he will be off and think everyone has benefited from the whole thing (aside from Sc***horpe!). We have had 18 months of great service, 12 of which he led us to promotion as Captain. We get a club record fee and he gets a deserved move higher up the leagues, everyone benefits. Yes I would love to keep him, but who can blame a player for going to a club of that size. Will only have positive things to say about his time here. As a loanee playing with a facial injury and a mask showed his dedication to the cause, would have been easy just to sit it out.

I dont think selling Goode is similar to the dismantling of the league 2 winning side of a few years ago. Those players were largely frozen out by Page or let go oddly ala Adams (Holmes being the exception).

The thing is now Curle has another rebuilding job to do. At least this time he dosnt have to move on as many big earners, he has a pretty clean slate and the players here are ones the majority of which i assume he wants to keep. Got to trust that he can build a side to keep us safe next season. Based on the year past, got to have confidence in him to do so. I think patience is going to be required now though as we need a LOT of players and I think in this window particularly, a lot of players will not be taken on until late on.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #416 on: July 30, 2020, 09:53:27 am »

Wonder if Scunny included a sell on clause for Goode...
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #417 on: July 30, 2020, 10:19:57 am »

Wonder if Scunny included a sell on clause for Goode...

He was released so they couldn’t
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #418 on: July 30, 2020, 10:21:26 am »

I'm not sure what Goode is worth in todays probably somewhat devalued market but I sincerely hope KC gets a fair share of it to assist in finding a replacement or replacements?  Must admit that I'm a little concerned that we have had no news on Oliver resigning or not and perhaps more importantly the current situation on obtaining Morton and Wharton's services for next season.  I would have thought if getting either or both of those two back on loan was going to happen it might just have been decided one way or the other by now.  Also I thought some of our windfall from the FA Cup run would be used on strengthening the squad.  We did not use much of it in the January window so presumably some of that is also left?  If not where did that go? Keeping club afloat in these difficult times I suppose would be any reason given.  Please keep safe all of you, I don't think we are 'out of the woods' as yet with this awful pandemic.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #419 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:11 am »

I'm not sure what Goode is worth in todays probably somewhat devalued market but I sincerely hope KC gets a fair share of it to assist in finding a replacement or replacements?  Must admit that I'm a little concerned that we have had no news on Oliver resigning or not and perhaps more importantly the current situation on obtaining Morton and Wharton's services for next season.  I would have thought if getting either or both of those two back on loan was going to happen it might just have been decided one way or the other by now.  Also I thought some of our windfall from the FA Cup run would be used on strengthening the squad.  We did not use much of it in the January window so presumably some of that is also left?  If not where did that go? Keeping club afloat in these difficult times I suppose would be any reason given.  Please keep safe all of you, I don't think we are 'out of the woods' as yet with this awful pandemic.

As I understood it both Morton & Wharton may well be close to start of season before decisions are made, or at least until both of their clubs decide if they want them in the first team squad.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: