The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:44:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208568 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2020, 22:40:28 pm »

They will not sign until the transfer/registration window opens, probably 1st August. No registrations for transfers or new contracts will be accepted until then.

Not sure about that as Jones of Crewe has according to their web site signed for Lincoln?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2020, 02:30:43 am »

Nothing on Crewe web sites- zilch. They were looking at David Turnbull of Motherwell I think? Crewe have like us awaiting on 3 top players to resign. One of them Jones has left the Club and has signed for Lincoln. They are apprehensive about Porter who some think will sign for another L1 Club. Gillingham seem keen to splash the cash as well. What is your source for our Turnbull anticipated signing.

Same source that told me Powell was going to join, offer is on the table. As I say rumoured, whether he will sign, time will tell but I wouldn't post if there wasn't smoke.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2020, 05:34:40 am »

So how come transfers are happening now?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

I assume that they are agreed/proposed transfers that have not been registered. The transfer window will not open until after the end of the current season and is not expected before 26 July. The EFL committee meet on the 24th of July to agree dates, it is anticipated that registration of players will be from 1 August for a period of 12 weeks.
It sounds like KC is already doing a lot behind the scenes in anticipation of the window/registration opening which, unless he has a cast iron agreement, will probably prefer not to publicise.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2020, 08:49:28 am »

Turnbull expected to sign for Crewe shortly. £1.6k a week 3 year deal

big old pay cut
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2020, 09:06:27 am »

KT has stated that clubs are unable to make signings until 1st August, therefor those that have already been stated as signings will be players signing pre-registration agreements which will be made permanent next month.
This is obviously a result of covid and the late finish to the season as players have previously been able to sign before August. Effectively any player out of contract on 30th June will not have a new contract until 1st August and would appear to have lost a months earnings.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2020, 09:19:09 am »

KT has stated that clubs are unable to make signings until 1st August, therefor those that have already been stated as signings will be players signing pre-registration agreements which will be made permanent next month.
This is obviously a result of covid and the late finish to the season as players have previously been able to sign before August. Effectively any player out of contract on 30th June will not have a new contract until 1st August and would appear to have lost a months earnings.

Thanks for confirming.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2020, 14:42:33 pm »

Harriman sign new 2 year deal.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/july/harriman_new_contract/

Thoroughly deserved!

One down...2 to go (or hopefully stay!) Grin

Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2020, 11:53:59 am »

Frank Herman Nouble (still only 28)

Us & Mansfield apparently interested...
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2020, 12:40:10 pm »

Frank Herman Nouble (still only 28)

Us & Mansfield apparently interested...

He’s a bit of a journeyman and doesn’t score many - if Oliver resigns then I don’t think we need 3 target men.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2020, 16:03:56 pm »

He’s a bit of a journeyman and doesn’t score many - if Oliver resigns then I don’t think we need 3 target men.

Journeyman yes, but it's a bit of a lazy assumption that because he is tall and well built he must be a 'target man' type player.

If you watched the playoffs you would have seen that Nouble is a pacy player, faster than Oliver and every bit as fast as Morton. He is a skillful player with quick feet and an element of unpredictability. That he is strong and can bring others into play on the floor is an advantage to his game - but he isn't strong in the air like Oliver or Smith. I've already said a couple of time that I think he'd be a great addition to our side, and I think he could play alongside Oliver not instead of.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2020, 16:09:55 pm »

Watch this too if you don't agree with what I said - not many players at L2 level can do this with a ball!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1131160971668598784
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2020, 16:56:03 pm »

Played left wing mostly for Colchester. Always impressed me when he played against us.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2020, 17:59:48 pm »

Fair play, I wonder if he can play left wing back?! I see that Newport released Jamille Matt the other week - I think we’ve been linked with him before?
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2020, 18:41:05 pm »

Nouble is decent but he's more of a winger or striker and  I don't really see how he would fit into our system.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2020, 18:59:57 pm »

No, Adebayo Akinfenwa is not signing for us.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2020, 19:37:49 pm »

No, Adebayo Akinfenwa is not signing for us.

Are you sure? Wink!
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2020, 20:12:21 pm »

Watch this too if you don't agree with what I said - not many players at L2 level can do this with a ball!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1131160971668598784

Jeez, all that farting about and never scored a goal.

Definitely don't need him.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2020, 10:47:54 am »

Oli Hawkins latest rumour...

Would be an decent option if Oliver doesn't re sign
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2020, 11:05:32 am »

Oli Hawkins latest rumour...

Would be an decent option if Oliver doesn't re sign

Is that the guy who can play centre back or centre forward? I’m pretty sure it was him that they said when he stepped up to take a penalty in the playoff semi that he hadn’t scored all season. I know it’s silly season but one of the transfer news sites has it that Fleetwood are sniffing around Callum Morton.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2020, 11:22:38 am »

Yes Ollie Hawkins has played at the back when Portsmouth had injury problems. He only made 7 appearances last season and did not score and his record at Portsmouth is a goal every 5 games. If Oliver signs his new cotract we will not need Hawkins.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: