The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:25:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208517 times)
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2020, 14:46:35 pm »

You can breathe again - a cursory google shows him to be still under contract with Rotherham for another year plus he’s only just had an operation on his knee.

Good, would have been an awful signing
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2020, 08:57:54 am »

Saw Fleetwoods retained list...

Wonder what Curle makes of Kyle Dempsey being released... former Carlisle player but not sure if their paths crossed?
Made a good chunk of Championship appearances at a young age for Huddersfield.
Plenty of League 1 experience and still only 24 years of age.

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2020, 09:47:25 am »

Saw Fleetwoods retained list...

Wonder what Curle makes of Kyle Dempsey being released... former Carlisle player but not sure if their paths crossed?
Made a good chunk of Championship appearances at a young age for Huddersfield.
Plenty of League 1 experience and still only 24 years of age.

That’s a good shout - their paths did indeed cross at Carlisle, it will be interesting to see if we try to sign him.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2020, 09:59:41 am »

Why did Kyle Dempsey make zero appearances last season?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2020, 10:06:47 am »

Oh dear - good question!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #345 on: July 27, 2020, 10:08:33 am »

It looks like he played 30 times for them last season, picked up a back injury in February but then came back in the playoffs. He was offered a new deal which would have made him their highest paid player but it looks like he turned it down.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #346 on: July 27, 2020, 10:28:49 am »

He got a move from Carlisle to Huddersfield in the Championship on the back of his best ever goal scoring season... under Keith Curle.
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 27, 2020, 11:25:34 am »

It looks like he played 30 times for them last season, picked up a back injury in February but then came back in the playoffs. He was offered a new deal which would have made him their highest paid player but it looks like he turned it down.

If this is true then suggests he may have visions of a return to Championship or a bigger team in L1...

Looked more into it this morning and would love to see him at Sixfields but seems less likely, lot of teams will be after that signature
Report Spam   Logged

ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #348 on: July 27, 2020, 15:19:39 pm »

Midfielder being announced today, unsure of time, could be tomorrow
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #349 on: July 27, 2020, 15:33:02 pm »

Christopher Missilou - Just announced.

Defensive midfielder, 1 Year contract, previously at Oldham.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 15:37:14 pm by Tom » Report Spam   Logged

Hallsy02

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #350 on: July 27, 2020, 15:37:10 pm »

Anyone know if this chappy is any good
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 27, 2020, 15:45:04 pm »

Yes ntfclad! Never wrong

Largely happy with that as a signing, Oldham fans online seem to have very much wanted him to stay.

Is the 1 year deal a sign he has only been added as squad depth rather than a starter or do you think thats more of a marker of what realistic contracts will look like post Corona virus?
He's 28 so can't say its much to do with age surely.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2020, 16:01:59 pm »

I often go on about better quality proven players needing to be signed but to be fair even I can see this chap will be a perfect fit for us and the way we play.
He is surely the McCormack replacement and looks to me to be a hybrid of o toole and McCormack what with the vision and passing range of McCormack and the ball winning of o toole.
I’ve never heard of him to be fair but he looks a proper 100% player that the northampton fans always take too.
I can see him becoming a fan favourite and it’s good we have found a midfield ball winner because they are surprisingly hard to come by.
I’d imagine he will start with McWilliams back up and still recovering/learning.

Welcome Christopher.
Give your all and the fans will back you.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #353 on: July 27, 2020, 16:14:44 pm »

Looks OK.

Oldham offered him something and their fans seem to have been fairly keen on him staying.

As with any new signing a lot will depend on who is brought in with him. IMO we need an experienced 30+ leader with League 1 experience to replace McCormack. (In previous years the likes of Ian Taylor and Matty Taylor have performed this role.)

I initially thought that the experienced head would be in defensive midfield, but I suppose it could equally be in the form of a centre back or attacking midfielder. I still think we need a play-maker with a bit of guille to give us another option in the midfield three. On the other hand, who knows: perhaps Lines will have a renaissance next year?

The Carlisle fan who posts occasionally on here told us that Curle is a massive fan of 'incentivised contracts' and I think we're going to see quite a lot of that in the present climate. Missilou will have a decent incentive to perform next year and may respond well to playing at a higher level. 

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2020, 16:34:12 pm »

Looks OK.

Oldham offered him something and their fans seem to have been fairly keen on him staying.

As with any new signing a lot will depend on who is brought in with him. IMO we need an experienced 30+ leader with League 1 experience to replace McCormack. (In previous years the likes of Ian Taylor and Matty Taylor have performed this role.)

I initially thought that the experienced head would be in defensive midfield, but I suppose it could equally be in the form of a centre back or attacking midfielder. I still think we need a play-maker with a bit of guille to give us another option in the midfield three. On the other hand, who knows: perhaps Lines will have a renaissance next year?

The Carlisle fan who posts occasionally on here told us that Curle is a massive fan of 'incentivised contracts' and I think we're going to see quite a lot of that in the present climate. Missilou will have a decent incentive to perform next year and may respond well to playing at a higher level. 

Agree with you and appears to be a player who will fit into Curles scheme of things
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #355 on: July 27, 2020, 16:41:38 pm »

Looks OK.

BBC report says he has signed a one year contract with option of another year.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #356 on: July 27, 2020, 17:00:05 pm »

Midfielder being announced today, unsure of time, could be tomorrow

As reliable as ever, well done mate.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2020, 19:19:57 pm »

I've seen a report suggesting we're about to sign Ikechi Anya on a 2 year deal (source transfer centre 9 twitter). Probably rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #358 on: July 27, 2020, 20:02:52 pm »

I've seen a report suggesting we're about to sign Ikechi Anya on a 2 year deal (source transfer centre 9 twitter). Probably rubbish.

32 years old and hasn't had any game time with Derby this year. Stranger things have happened and would be a potentially outstanding signing for this level.

Adams as right wing back and Anya as left wing back would be a very interesting proposition.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2020, 21:02:30 pm »

32 years old and hasn't had any game time with Derby this year. Stranger things have happened and would be a potentially outstanding signing for this level.

Adams as right wing back and Anya as left wing back would be a very interesting proposition.

I was pretty sad when he left last time round, but that was probably 10 years ago now & he was very reliant on pace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: