The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:30:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208544 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2020, 21:54:08 pm »

I’ve no idea if he still has pace but he would bring outstanding hair to a squad that is sadly lacking in the hairstyles department.
I also think we need to recruit some more facial hair especially with the loss of Paul Anderson.

It’s not always the best team that wins promotion but it’s been proved time and time again that your chances of success on the pitch are greatly enhanced with special hairstyles and burgeoning facial hair.

Ikechi Anya would be an outstanding signing given this criteria.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2020, 22:05:02 pm »

I often go on about better quality proven players needing to be signed but to be fair even I can see this chap will be a perfect fit for us and the way we play.
He is surely the McCormack replacement and looks to me to be a hybrid of o toole and McCormack what with the vision and passing range of McCormack and the ball winning of o toole.
I’ve never heard of him to be fair but he looks a proper 100% player that the northampton fans always take too.
I can see him becoming a fan favourite and it’s good we have found a midfield ball winner because they are surprisingly hard to come by.
I’d imagine he will start with McWilliams back up and still recovering/learning.

Welcome Christopher.
Give your all and the fans will back you.

Unusual up beat comment from you - so whats in your tea today Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2020, 09:24:54 am »

I was pretty sad when he left last time round, but that was probably 10 years ago now & he was very reliant on pace.

That roller coaster of emotions

-Yes we are going to sign Anya!
-Oh no we missed out
-Wait what "Sevilla" , WTF ?
Report Spam   Logged

TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2020, 09:30:02 am »

There were some extremely optimistic whispers around George Thomas to Cobblers, he's now signed for QPR yesterday

Anya would be a great but realistic signing, as pointed out low on game time but a proven Chamionship level player with decent Prem experience in the twilight of his career now.

Young, exciting wingers are the next most sought after players and some of the most expensive so finding some quality in ageing wide players and shorter deals is quite sensible. Adams, Anya and Marshall all 32+ but I'd be happy with that!

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2020, 09:39:37 am »

Anya is NEVER going to happen plus he's injury prone which goes against everything KC has stated he wants in a player.

He's stated he needs players available Saturday/Tuesday. Also, Anya will be on decent wages and we ain't (nor should we) pay big wages for anyone is the current climate.

I'd rather have that winger who tormented us at home playing for Morecambe last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2020, 10:54:01 am »

Anya is NEVER going to happen plus he's injury prone which goes against everything KC has stated he wants in a player.

He's stated he needs players available Saturday/Tuesday. Also, Anya will be on decent wages and we ain't (nor should we) pay big wages for anyone is the current climate.

I'd rather have that winger who tormented us at home playing for Morecambe last season.

Carlos Mendes Gomes but he already signed an extension with them.
Report Spam   Logged

Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2020, 11:12:01 am »

Anya was on £27k a week at Derby apparently. Obviously hes not going to get offered anything close to that now he hasn't played in 2 years but he's not going to be cheap... and therefore a massive gamble given his age and recent fitness record. Will almost certainly have to drop to L1 to get a game though.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2020, 12:02:39 pm »

Well, we allegedly didn't give Turnbull a contract because we didn't think he'd be motivated to play with the lower wages offered, so I think we can discount offering something to someone on Anya's wages.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2020, 12:48:46 pm »

Well, we allegedly didn't give Turnbull a contract because we didn't think he'd be motivated to play with the lower wages offered, so I think we can discount offering something to someone on Anya's wages.

Exactly..................and surely Turnbull's position was more significant than Anya's especially as we already have Adams and Marshall and various others who can cover e.g. McWilliams, Hoskins, Martin ?

Turnbull also offered a potential transfer fee going forward.

Let's invest in youth and the up and comers with ambition.

I also note that there is now some evidence/plan that the whole of next season will be played out with significant restrictions to the gate. Lower anticipated income must mean lower player's salaries.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2020, 13:08:59 pm »

From what I am reading contract offers are only going to get smaller as more and more players become desperate to get signed. They shouldn’t be surprised if they end up taking half what they may have been offered at the end of the season? 1 year contract and if you don’t pull your weight you get the chop in January will be the norm for the foreseeable future? And that’s if you are one of the lucky ones who’s club doesn’t fold before the end of the season? The Bosman ruling playing out to its logical conclusion, it was only a matter of time!
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2020, 16:09:15 pm »

Salford City have signed Jordan Turnbull on a 2 year contract.
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2020, 23:15:32 pm »

Anyone know if there’s any truth in the ikechi anya rumour? And if he’s still rapid?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 29, 2020, 00:04:48 am »

Only one person in this thread has any clue whatsoever, but I don't think it's likely, no. Think it'd have been more likely if it wasn't just yet another ex-player being linked, like Bayo or Holmes.
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 29, 2020, 00:14:33 am »

Only one person in this thread has any clue whatsoever, but I don't think it's likely, no. Think it'd have been more likely if it wasn't just yet another ex-player being linked, like Bayo or Holmes.

Valid point thanks pal, only happen in my eyes if it comes out of ntfclads mouth
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #374 on: July 29, 2020, 06:59:07 am »

Valid point thanks pal, only happen in my eyes if it comes out of ntfclads mouth

You’ve made a few arsey comments about me, everything alright at home?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2020, 10:57:22 am »

Salford City have signed Jordan Turnbull on a 2 year contract.

throwing money at an attempt at promotion
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2020, 13:17:31 pm »

Keith Downie, Sky News NE England reporter said this afternoon that Middlesborough are seriously in for Charlie Goode

Neil Warnock has approached Northampton Town for their captain Charlie Goode. QPR also interested. The centre back is valued at £750,000.

If he was to leave, what is a realistic fee you'd be happy with..?

£750k would still be our club record transfer fee out yes!?
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 29, 2020, 13:32:47 pm »

Keith Downie, Sky News NE England reporter said this afternoon that Middlesborough are seriously in for Charlie Goode

Neil Warnock has approached Northampton Town for their captain Charlie Goode. QPR also interested. The centre back is valued at £750,000.

If he was to leave, what is a realistic fee you'd be happy with..?

£750k would still be our club record transfer fee out yes!?

i assume jepson will know all the ins and outs of his contract - so that might be his release clause!
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #378 on: July 29, 2020, 13:42:32 pm »

Am told the bids for Goode so far are just shy of £500k so a bit of work to do for any buying clubs

Also it’s both Boro and QPR who’ve bid
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 29, 2020, 13:44:03 pm »

Goode is obviously a good centre back, but so was Pierre and we replaced him and Im confident we'll do so again for money that will keep us safe with during the danger times.

He's strong and confjdent on the ball, but hes not the complete defenser and does have to rely on the dark arts to bail himself out at times. So yeah, I think 750k would be a fair price for him.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: