The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:47:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208509 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2020, 13:57:27 pm »

If he played for peterborough they’d be holding out for well over a million.
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2020, 14:02:04 pm »

You’ve made a few arsey comments about me, everything alright at home?

What r u on about?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2020, 14:08:02 pm »

Am told the bids for Goode so far are just shy of £500k so a bit of work to do for any buying clubs

Also it’s both Boro and QPR who’ve bid
Could be that Pearson will soon be installed as the next manager at Middlesbrough, or Head Coach as Watford pedantically refer to the role as!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 14:10:43 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2020, 14:17:47 pm »

Am told the bids for Goode so far are just shy of £500k so a bit of work to do for any buying clubs

Also it’s both Boro and QPR who’ve bid

Is the touted £750k figure what the club value him at & the minimum they will accept?

If he goes to Boro, wouldn't mind Marcus Browne being part of the deal or even a season long loan...if only to pi55 off Poxford  Grin

Any other nuggets in or out ntfclad?
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2020, 14:27:01 pm »

If he played for peterborough they’d be holding out for well over a million.

To be fair he'd have been playing in League 1 and impressing as well. He's impressed for us in L2.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2020, 14:32:50 pm »

I know I’m probably guilty of knicker wetting but it beggars belief that once again we have got promoted to league one and we are looking at a complete rebuild. If Goode goes (which looks very likely as KT is now on record as saying we won’t stand in his way if a big club comes in and 2 have now come in for him) and Oliver turns his contract down (I know he’s not exactly harry Kane but he has been very effective for the way we play) then we could be left with just 5 of the players that started the playoff final.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2020, 14:38:13 pm »

Is the touted £750k figure what the club value him at & the minimum they will accept?

If he goes to Boro, wouldn't mind Marcus Browne being part of the deal or even a season long loan...if only to pi55 off Poxford  Grin

Any other nuggets in or out ntfclad?

Those inside the club are a bit confused at the £750k figure and where it’s come from is what I’ve been told, potentially aware of the backlash on social media 
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #387 on: July 29, 2020, 14:43:30 pm »

Not a good sign already

Gone     Gone 

Hoskins

Adams   Gone     Watson        Harriman

Gone   Gone  Gone
                  Arnold
Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2020, 14:43:54 pm »

Could be that Pearson will soon be installed as the next manager at Middlesbrough, or Head Coach as Watford pedantically refer to the role as!

Warnock has already accepted the job going forward (as of yesterday).
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2020, 14:45:56 pm »

Those inside the club are a bit confused at the £750k figure and where it’s come from is what I’ve been told, potentially aware of the backlash on social media 

First mention of that figure I saw was Keith Downie on twitter to be fair
Perhaps thats the amount 'Boro and QPR value him at rather than on our sided
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2020, 14:47:19 pm »

I don’t know why anyone is in the least bit surprised that the club have got promoted and are dismantling the squad.

There is no ambition to be anything other than a league two club

Same old same old.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #391 on: July 29, 2020, 14:55:17 pm »

Have i missed something? Who dismantling the club?

Goode still here and club stating they want to keep him.
Oliver offered a new deal. Obviously dont know how good
Wharton & Morton already talking to the clubs to get them back

McCormack (would have kept him) replaced
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2020, 15:12:42 pm »

So you're saying that we value him for more than that then? I know he has two years on the contract so we have that on our side, but there can't be that many League Two centrebacks that go for north of a million.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #393 on: July 29, 2020, 15:36:32 pm »

Have i missed something? Who dismantling the club?

Goode still here and club stating they want to keep him.of course they say that, but we all know that if a lower league club gets offered enough he'll be on his way, thats football
Oliver offered a new deal. Obviously dont know how good boviously we don't, however there must be a reason he hasn't signed up yet
Wharton & Morton already talking to the clubs to get them back do we know this for sure? Wharton has already stated his intention to fight for a place at his parent club

McCormack (would have kept him) replaced replaced with an unknown from the division below....when McCormack came in he was a league 1 player and we were league 2, we've replaced him with a league 2 player now we are League 1

As for the others, early days yet but Turnbull has gone..... Cornell who appeared in the majority of games last season has gone, and Andy Williams, our top scorer over the last two seasons has gone too.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with "dismantled"....but you can see where he's coming from. The likes of Marquis and Collins returned to their parent clubs, and Adams and Holmes went off to pastures new in 2016, and Rob Page was also accused of "dismantling" the squad.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3355

« Reply #394 on: July 29, 2020, 15:47:59 pm »

Turnbull struggled in L1 for Coventry didn't he?

Maybe Vadaine has already signed up and it just hasn't been announced yet?

Goode was always going to leave, we don't have the capacity to turn down bids of a certain amount and I also assume Goode would want to play in the Championship, it isn't always a lack of ambition to keep a player.

We know the club have said they have held conversations about Morton/Wharton - if one of both of them don't want to come back, what can the club do?

McCormack, too expensive for the games he plays but agree he would have been good to keep.

Ultimately, glass half full or glass half empty, right?

It's a very very different scenario to the Rob Page summer and if you can't see that then more fool you.

Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #395 on: July 29, 2020, 16:25:50 pm »

It's a difficult one because whilst under normal circumstances I'd want to play hardball & insist on a price tag of a million, these aren't normal times & I think there will definitely be a downturn in clubs paying big transfer fees in the EFL. The facts are that 750k would be a massive boost & possibly sustain us for a season with the prospect of other sides simply struggling to survive.

I do think Goode has massive potential though, so in some ways a decent sell-on clause may end up being the most important thing, I think he's a born winner & is likely to go right to the top.
Report Spam   Logged

ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #396 on: July 29, 2020, 16:42:33 pm »

So you're saying that we value him for more than that then? I know he has two years on the contract so we have that on our side, but there can't be that many League Two centrebacks that go for north of a million.

Closer to a million apparently
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #397 on: July 29, 2020, 16:48:26 pm »

Teams that keep the core of their first team and improve on it normally do fine, teams who throw the baby out with the bath water tend to struggle.

I personally think you need to keep about 75% of you back 5 together and most of the spine.
Report Spam   Logged

Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #398 on: July 29, 2020, 17:05:05 pm »

Players come, players go.
Likes to hoof it up top a lot, and when he played against Championship opposition in Derby, he got caught out and should have been sent off in the 1st leg.
And don't forget the 1st leg of Cheltenham when he didn't deal with the corner correctly for their 1st goal.
Call me cynical but whatever is offered we should take. As people on here have said there will be a lot of players looking for clubs, who may turn out to be better.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #399 on: July 29, 2020, 17:35:15 pm »

Players come, players go.
Likes to hoof it up top a lot, and when he played against Championship opposition in Derby, he got caught out and should have been sent off in the 1st leg.
And don't forget the 1st leg of Cheltenham when he didn't deal with the corner correctly for their 1st goal.
Call me cynical but whatever is offered we should take. As people on here have said there will be a lot of players looking for clubs, who may turn out to be better.

I disagree completely - he was immense in the home game against derby and there was a collective failure for the Cheltenham goal, you don’t mention how superb he was in the playoff second leg and final. He is only 23 and I agree with the club valuation of £1m, I’m far less confident that KC will get anywhere near that to invest in the team.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: