The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:16:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208595 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2020, 10:53:18 am »

As I understood it both Morton & Wharton may well be close to start of season before decisions are made, or at least until both of their clubs decide if they want them in the first team squad.

I think West Brom going up to the Prem probably did us a favour with Morton; had they stayed in the Championship they might have kept him around as a body to put on the bench but I don't think they will in the Premier League. Personally, I think he needs to bulk up a bit before he's ready for a regular berth in a Championship side so a loan to a League 1 club would seem the best option to continue his development. There are plenty of big sides in League 1 this year and after his show stealing performances on Sky in the playoffs, I doubt there will be any shortage of interest in taking him. Still, he knows it at Sixfields, seemed to like it here, developed very well and would be pretty much guaranteed a start with us, so I think we're probably in a good position to keep him for another year. Again, West Brom's promotion probably helps out here as Premier League money means any wage contributions probably won't enter into the equation and they will be more interested in the development opportunities for him.

For Wharton, I think we might not be so lucky; he's that bit older and has proven himself over several loan spells now, so I could see Blackburn seeing him as a worthwhile cover option in their Championship squad.

I hope we hang on to both of them though!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #421 on: July 30, 2020, 11:20:26 am »

He was released so they couldn’t

So, we didn't pay anything for him!?

https://www.sc***horpe-united.co.uk/news/2019/july/goode-completes-northampton-move/

Defender Charlie Goode has joined League Two side Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee.

The centre-back spent four years with United, making 85 appearances in all competitions and scoring six goals.

He was with the Cobblers for the final three months of last season, playing 17 times during his initial loan stint at Sixfields.

We wish Charlie well for the future and thank him for his efforts while with the Iron.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:22:09 am by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #422 on: July 30, 2020, 11:33:32 am »

https://www.sc***horpe-united.co.uk/news/2019/july/goode-completes-northampton-move/

Defender Charlie Goode has joined League Two side Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee.

The centre-back spent four years with United, making 85 appearances in all competitions and scoring six goals.

He was with the Cobblers for the final three months of last season, playing 17 times during his initial loan stint at Sixfields.

We wish Charlie well for the future and thank him for his efforts while with the Iron.

Just take a look at the sponsors in the Goode photo. You couldn't get more Northern!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #423 on: July 30, 2020, 11:34:48 am »

if we sold goode and got in 3 centre halves to replace those gone - then that is good business.

if we were getting towards 1m then a striker would be top of the list - of a higher standard than morton or oliver!

it depends how he is replaced as to whether its good business or not
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #424 on: July 30, 2020, 11:36:00 am »

We are certainly in a strong position with Goode, 2 years still on the contract and a number of clubs after him, one of which QPR could be in with a huge windfall soon when they sell Eze.

I would push for a million
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #425 on: July 30, 2020, 11:47:16 am »

So, Blackburn have joined the que now, make em give us Wharton as part of the deal!  Grin

Northampton put record fee on star as four Champ clubs hover

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-northampton-record-fee-charlie-goode-middlesbrough-qpr

Northampton Town want a deal worth up to £1million for captain Charlie Goode, TEAMtalk understands.

Middlesbrough, QPR, Preston and Blackburn are amongst a host of clubs to have made contact with the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #426 on: July 30, 2020, 11:50:53 am »

Add Sunderland to the list.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2020, 12:10:53 pm »

Think £1m is the tipping point.

Hopefully a chunk of this can be reinvested either through fees or wages, and I think it’ll need to be to give us any chance of staying up
Report Spam   Logged
Robas

View Profile
100 Posts Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #428 on: July 30, 2020, 12:19:17 pm »

So, Blackburn have joined the que now, make em give us Wharton as part of the deal!  Grin

The only problem with signing Wharton from Blackburn, a contracted player with a Championship club, is that we would probably end up having to pay him more than Turnbull would ever have wanted! To me this would be a rather self -defeating result.

I suspect that another loan is the only viable option for us.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2020, 12:55:37 pm »

Can we get daragh MacAnthony to  do the negotiating rather than KT that way we will get a decent fee.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #430 on: July 30, 2020, 13:11:36 pm »

We are certainly in a strong position with Goode, 2 years still on the contract and a number of clubs after him, one of which QPR could be in with a huge windfall soon when they sell Eze.

I would push for a million

Apparently we have not received any bid at all; not even the lowest figure quoted of £478k. Add Derby to the rumours. The rumours on Team Talk etc are just that unsubstantiated rumours. Some of the Championship Clubs will not be able to meet the 750k valuation let alone £1m.
Definitely Preston and Derby; almost certainly Sunderland who are in L1 Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2020, 13:18:20 pm »

My mistake! I saw a Scunny fan on Twitter saying they released him so just assumed!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #432 on: July 30, 2020, 13:49:10 pm »

Can we get daragh MacAnthony to  do the negotiating rather than KT that way we will get a decent fee.
You mean a man who turned down several £2m+ deals for Maddison who has just left for £0 and they are still in League 1? Ok they accepted one of them from Charlton but essentially lost £2m and no further forward for it
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #433 on: July 30, 2020, 13:50:33 pm »

With so many clubs interested surely ebay is the best way with high reserve price
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2020, 13:52:57 pm »

The only problem with signing Wharton from Blackburn, a contracted player with a Championship club, is that we would probably end up having to pay him more than Turnbull would ever have wanted! To me this would be a rather self -defeating result.

I suspect that another loan is the only viable option for us.

Ideal scenario for me (if, as seems likely, we are forced to sell) would be to sell Goode to Blackburn for 750K+ and then get Wharton back on a season-long loan as part of the deal. That way we would preserve that all important sense of continuity. I'm not at all keen on the prospect of starting the season with three new centre backs (and probably a new goalkeeper).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 13:55:37 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #435 on: July 30, 2020, 14:10:08 pm »

To put things into perspective
Oxford are holding out for 2M for their centre half rob dickie and have already turned down bids of over 1M for him

Having watched the play offs he isn’t fit to lace Goode’s boots and yet it seems we will sell him for an undisclosed bag of peanuts at the first whiff of interest.

Is it any wonder each time we go up we have zero stability and we never seem to learn from our mistakes
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #436 on: July 30, 2020, 14:13:40 pm »

Reading between the lines of Wharton’s interview earlier this week it sounds to be like he’s had enough of loans (understandable when you get to 22 and you’ve already had 5 loan stints) and wants yo fight for his place at Blackburn. You can’t really blame him if that’s what he decides.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #437 on: July 30, 2020, 14:14:58 pm »

Oxford are holding out for 2M for their centre half rob dickie and have already turned down bids of over 1M for him

Having watched the play offs he isn’t fit to lace Goode’s boots and yet it seems we will sell him for an undisclosed bag of peanuts at the first whiff of interest.

Is it any wonder each time we go up we have zero stability and we never seem to learn from our mistakes

Based on what?
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2020, 14:29:07 pm »

But you are comparing a CB who has excelled at L1 level compared to L2, surely you can see that? A striker that scored 20 goals at L2 Level is not going to be sold for the same price as one who scored 20 at L1 level. How many players have gone for over 1 Million from league 2? Not Many! Let alone defenders.

If we get 1 million for him than thats great business.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2020, 14:32:23 pm »

Based on what?

"Past form" perhaps?

Are we all agreed now that its pretty much a given that he's gone? If there are 6 or 7 clubs rumoured to be interested i'd assume at least 1 or 2 will follow up. We're not the type of club that offers him a new double your money five year contract in order to try and keep him here.

So no Goode, Wharton or Turnbull.....not forgetting Jay Williams (who I thought was a decent prospect) also released. Some (re) building work required.....pre-season training begins next week!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: